Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Other Sports

Mlb 2015

Other Sports

Old 07-26-2015, 03:35 PM   #16
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Mlb 2015

Anybody ever been to Pittsburg Pirates pnc park? Thinking about going, heard it's one of the best ball fields in the country

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-27-2015, 03:57 PM   #17
over the mountain
Playmaker

I have a lifetime ban there. Awesome stadium. Def worth a go. the permantie (sp?) brothers subs are kinda over-rated imo.
----------------------------------------------------
the Os and nats should make a trade.

The Nats have a pretty stocked prospect cabinet and need a top end reliever and 1b/OF guy. The Os have o'day and chris davis who both become FA this offseason.

oday = 36.2 IP; 47 SO; 1.47 era; 0.95 WHIP

davis = 343 ab; 22 hr; 60 rbi; .242 ba (.295 v lefties)

there is no guarantee that Zimmerman will comeback to play 1b and if he does, for how long? Davis plays above avg 1b defense and is serviceable outfielder.

oday is one of the best 8th inning men in the game. could be the nats closer.
over the mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 10:50 AM   #18
over the mountain
Playmaker

My Os are free falling. Lost 11 of the last 12.

REALLY FREAKING WISH duquette got off his ass and did something one way or the other. We either needed to make moves to make a run (see toronto, royals, etc) or trade guys who are going to be FAs next year. this team's roster was fatally flawed all year and duqueete thinks adding perra was the answer? our top 2 prospects have tommy john problems so we trade our 3rd best prospect for an outfield rental that wouldnt make us playoff contenders anyway?

To not get anything in return for Davis, Chen and Wieters is incompetence. Its almost like Duquette has purposely tanked since he conspired w Toronto to try and go there this offseason.

This is total BS and i cant believe the Os didnt file tampering charges.

Duquette thought process of keeping the FA guys and taking comp picks when they leave vs trading them for prospects before the deadline is just mind boggling.
Old 09-03-2015, 10:54 AM   #19
over the mountain
Playmaker

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-bi...040552078.html

this is pretty awesome. i think my Os are reverting to the loveable losers i have known prior to 2012.

ive never seen this before.

davis crushes a walk off home run in the bot of the 11th deep into the center field seats where no one is except this one dude sleeping and wakes him up.
Old 09-09-2015, 04:33 PM   #20
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

So who is responsible this years embarresment known as the Washington Nationals? U gonna fire anybody?

He Gets Us
Old 09-09-2015, 10:36 PM   #21
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

@BurgerzBusty

If i could cure cancer or punch Drew Storen in the face, Alot of people would be disappointed in my choice

"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 10:23 AM   #22
over the mountain
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
So who is responsible this years embarresment known as the Washington Nationals? U gonna fire anybody?
IMO no one. The pick up of papelbon and moving Storen to closer was a smart move on paper and it should have worked. You now had your 8th inning man in Storen and you moved him from a high pressure playoff closer spot he doesnt do well in by adding Paps.

But if i get to play monday quarterback, id say Rizzo. perhaps he should have added a bat and replaced gio. gio costs you guys a few games down the stretch here. i cant blame him for not addressing teh biggest need - bullpen, bc he did, he just didnt predict a storen meltdown.

You knew you had a flawed roster by the trade deadline. I really thought an Os and nats trade would have been mutually beneficial.

leftie Chen, 1b davis and 8th inning awesomeness of oday = gio contract off your hands and a ton of prospects = nats ahead of mets
----------------------------------

i hope duquette gets off his fat ass and tries some waiver trades for davis, chen, and oday. idk what the market will be for wieters.
Old 09-12-2015, 11:04 PM   #23
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Nationals reliever Storen breaks right thumb in temper fit - Richmond Times-Dispatch: Ap

What an embarrassment of a team.

He Gets Us
Old 09-24-2015, 11:12 AM   #24
over the mountain
Playmaker

Papelbon is also an embarrassment. The guy is just an ass and not liked everywhere he goes.

Kinda tired of the Os getting hit bc other teams dont like the score.

In NY a few weeks ago, we were raking and they threw twice at Davis (once at his head). Next series against the royals, the Os have a 9 run inning where they had 2 grand slams and Davis gets plunked. the Os gave the lightest toss to morales thigh in response. such a weak response. the Royals at least drilled our guy in the mid back and not head high.

now machado hits a go ahead 2 run homer and Paps throws head high heat? if manny didnt flinch or move, the ball was going right for his head.

nats - you cant throw head hunting heat. paps is an indefensible ass. harper gave the right response. hes tired of the nonsense.
Old 09-24-2015, 11:41 AM   #25
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
Papelbon is also an embarrassment. The guy is just an ass and not liked everywhere he goes.

Kinda tired of the Os getting hit bc other teams dont like the score.

In NY a few weeks ago, we were raking and they threw twice at Davis (once at his head). Next series against the royals, the Os have a 9 run inning where they had 2 grand slams and Davis gets plunked. the Os gave the lightest toss to morales thigh in response. such a weak response. the Royals at least drilled our guy in the mid back and not head high.

now machado hits a go ahead 2 run homer and Paps throws head high heat? if manny didnt flinch or move, the ball was going right for his head.

nats - you cant throw head hunting heat. paps is an indefensible ass. harper gave the right response. hes tired of the nonsense.
Palpelbon was another poor move...trade deadline is where the Nats failed again.

Ryan Zimmerman and Werth are dead money...sad to see these guys giving you nothing for another season.

What has happened to Gio Gonzalez? He has been poor...3.94 and 1.43 whip? He is trending worse each season since joining the Nats.

Nats got alot to fix. I dont think its Matt Williams, yet. Id probably give both him and the GM another season, but Id clear house if no playoffs next year.

Pitching coach McCatty...i dont know if he is the issue, but Id look around at other staffs this offseason. Maybe its just time for another voice

He Gets Us
Old 09-24-2015, 12:24 PM   #26
over the mountain
Playmaker

Machado: Jonathan Papelbon is a coward | HardballTalk

chico - yes, zimmerman and werth are dead money. rizzo had to know this when he signed werth and re-signed zim.

if the lerners keep the payroll at 180 mil range, you should have room.

idk, some big contracts on that team.

regardless, still a very talented roster next season.
Old 09-25-2015, 12:47 PM   #27
over the mountain
Playmaker

Bottom of the 9th, 2 outs, no men on, Bryce Harper up to the plate ...

and the Os dont plunk him.

of course no nats fan has acknowledged the Os didnt retaliate and let it die. im sure they wont remember next year when they call us scum and dirty.
Old 09-27-2015, 05:27 PM   #28
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Bryce Harper, Jonathan Papelbon scuffle in Washington Nationals dugout

Talk about dysfunction...wow!!!

Whoever had the idea to get papalbon should be fired. What a dumpster fire in dc...and for once it's not the skins

He Gets Us
Old 09-28-2015, 01:03 AM   #29
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Bryce Harper, Jonathan Papelbon scuffle in Washington Nationals dugout

Talk about dysfunction...wow!!!

Whoever had the idea to get papalbon should be fired. What a dumpster fire in dc...and for once it's not the skins

Better yet, why Williams allowed him to close a meaningless game after attacking your franchise player.

Williams and Rizzo should both be heading out the door at the end of the year. I can't imagine Williams gained much respect by allowing Pap to continue on during the game.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
Old 09-28-2015, 02:56 PM   #30
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Looks like they sent Papelbon packing for the rest of the year. Going to be interesting in what they do with him during the off-season.

Jonathan Papelbon suspended 4 games by Washington Nationals for fight with Bryce Harper