Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Will You Still Wear Your Skins Gear After?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 07-14-2020, 09:09 AM   #16
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Re: Will You Still Wear Your Skins Gear After?

I have some gear I wear around the house doing yard work. Through a winter coat I had for 10 yrs that I don't wear (it is warm but useless when wet so not really an effective winter coat) so I sold it on ebay last week for $80 that was a worthwhile sale will put it towards new team gear. I had an all black Skins hat that I wore religiously but I never wear it outside my house. Mostly because I have hated having to own Snyder in public in Ravens country. He literally has worn me down having to answer questions about his actions. However, I won't wear my Skins gear out in public anymore. In addition to having to own Snyder I had an interaction in Vermont with a group of Native Americans at township festival about 5 years ago where we had a great dialogue but since then I decided to respect the feelings of my brothers.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-14-2020, 09:12 AM   #17
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by coggs View Post
Right, just like the guy with whom I used to work who bought over 1000 Don Mattingly Donruss rookie cards around 1986.
God I loved the Yankees in the 80s, highly overpriced and woefully inadequate
Old 07-14-2020, 09:13 AM   #18
coggs
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
I also am buying more Redskins merch this week. Bought a new beanie cap for winter to replace the one my wife accidentally donated to a coat drive last year and am shopping for a Sean Taylor jersey while I can still get one.

I'm also eyeing up a 4-foot long championship banner for their three Super Bowls.

Yes, I'll keep wearing and I'll buy more while I can too.
You better do so quickly, because I would not be surprised if stuff starts getting pulled from shelves. Places that sell licensed stuff can be ordered to do so and if they do not comply can lose their contracts with the manufacturers.
Old 07-14-2020, 09:15 AM   #19
coggs
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
God I loved the Yankees in the 80s, highly overpriced and woefully inadequate
Never had any pitching aside from Guidry. Not a Yankees fan. Had Steinbrenner not been suspended in early 90s, that late 90s dynasty would have never happened.
Old 07-14-2020, 09:34 AM   #20
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

I will say my kids who are highly indifferent to the Skins going to school around Baltimore they watch the Ravens neither are really into watching the games I think it is just to talk to their friends in school but they really want to buy some new gear when the team is released.

I grew up in the late 80s and early 90s expansion era and remember grabbing gear of every new logo that came out at that time.
Old 07-14-2020, 09:35 AM   #21
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by coggs View Post
Never had any pitching aside from Guidry. Not a Yankees fan. Had Steinbrenner not been suspended in early 90s, that late 90s dynasty would have never happened.
What do you mean? They had the Niekro brothers!
Old 07-14-2020, 09:45 AM   #22
HTTR
Special Teams

It won’t take long for “Redskins” to be primarily associated with the crap tenure of Snyder. There aren’t going to be many of us left who remember Gibbs 1.0, let alone Sonny v Billy, the brief Lombardi era, the clothesline tackles of Chris Hanburger. In some ways it’s good to retire the name before Snyder adds another 20 years of mediocrity to the Legacy.

I’ll hold on to my most treasured Skins gear, but I’m not going to parade it around as an f u to racial sensitivity. This is our football team, not some new Lost Cause. If football is eventually banned for being too violent, THEN I’ll parade my gear around, Skins, Wolves, Warriors, Whatevers.
Old 07-14-2020, 09:52 AM   #23
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTTR View Post
It won’t take long for “Redskins” to be primarily associated with the crap tenure of Snyder. There aren’t going to be many of us left who remember Gibbs 1.0, let alone Sonny v Billy, the brief Lombardi era, the clothesline tackles of Chris Hanburger. In some ways it’s good to retire the name before Snyder adds another 20 years of mediocrity to the Legacy.

I’ll hold on to my most treasured Skins gear, but I’m not going to parade it around as an f u to racial sensitivity. This is our football team, not some new Lost Cause. If football is eventually banned for being too violent, THEN I’ll parade my gear around, Skins, Wolves, Warriors, Whatevers.
Good way to put it. It's like those that continue flying confederate flags. I think they're mostly doing it as a FU to everyone. Just makes them look dumb.
Old 07-14-2020, 09:59 AM   #24
JackLord
Special Teams

To answer the question, yes. The evidence has always indicated Redskins is not offensive, unless one uses cheesy Western B movies as a source.

I see people wearing or displaying lots of things I personally do not care for. It's none of my business.

Somehow I doubt the world will end.
JackLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 10:13 AM   #25
Schneed10
A Dude

I'll hang up the old logo in the closet, and every once in a while probably take it out and reminisce about my childhood fan days in the 80s and early 90s. To me that's how I'll look at the old stuff, a symbol of the greatness of the Gibbs era.

At the same time I'll look to turn the page and wear the new stuff, as soon as it's available, because I'm a fan of the team no matter what they're called, and I'll embrace the path forward.

I'm a die-hard, there was never a chance I wouldn't hop on the bandwagon, no matter which road it goes down.
Old 07-14-2020, 10:23 AM   #26
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
I'll hang up the old logo in the closet, and every once in a while probably take it out and reminisce about my childhood fan days in the 80s and early 90s. To me that's how I'll look at the old stuff, a symbol of the greatness of the Gibbs era.

At the same time I'll look to turn the page and wear the new stuff, as soon as it's available, because I'm a fan of the team no matter what they're called, and I'll embrace the path forward.

I'm a die-hard, there was never a chance I wouldn't hop on the bandwagon, no matter which road it goes down.
Agree, I was pissed and rebelling the other day but I'm a fan forever
Old 07-14-2020, 10:33 AM   #27
Burgold
Special Teams

Quote:

Exactly,thank you.
Burgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 10:43 AM   #28
HTTR
Special Teams

Quote:

Amen, brother.
Old 07-14-2020, 10:59 AM   #29
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Why would I stop wearing Skins gear?

When I wear it now it’s a general fuck you, this is my team and fuck yours. And likewise it’s a salute to other Skins fans to say hey this is our team.

The new stuff will probably be awesome, but the old stuff to me will gain even more importance in terms of fandom. I respect that more imo.

If the underlying meaning of the question is...should you not wear Skins brand stuff. Fuck you and die is my answer and go cry some more about something as irrelevant as a sports team name.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 11:18 AM   #30
Monkeydad
Living Legend

There will be Redskins gear at the stadium FOREVER, I also predict HTTR will be sung in protest and remembrance too. Any attempt to stop it will only hurt the "new" team.