NFC East Champs

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 01-04-2021, 08:11 PM   #1
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

NFC East Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Not a good look for the Eagles , , there is talk of taking their #1 pick as a punishment. You can't say your #1 priority is winning and then pull your QB to see if the #3 guy is any good in a regular season game.

Well technically he was the number two last night and over Hurts last 20 drives he has been near the worst in the league. So he could make the case he was trying to win. They will never lose a pick over that. Nor should they.
These same Giants fans were upset when they beat the Redskins in a useless game and couldn’t draft Chase Young, and now they are upset because the Eagles didn’t win a useless game. Lol.

All that being said it was a real head scratcher. However ..... who cares? They should have won 7. We should have taken you to OT instead of going for two. Im trying to put myself in your shoes and I would always come back to “ you want something done right? Do it yourself.” I would hate Pederson but I would totally blame my own team.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 04:24 PM   #2
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Re: NFC East Champs

Quote:
Washington didn't piss off the Giants,.............the Eagles HC did.
Funny seeing all the Giants players, past and present, all up in arms about what transpired last night. I don't see any of them up in arms about only winning six games though. They win seven and they are in...but they didn't so they get to watch the playoffs from their couch.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 04:26 PM   #3
Number44
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
Funny seeing all the Giants players, past and present, all up in arms about what transpired last night. I don't see any of them up in arms about only winning six games though. They win seven and they are in...but they didn't so they get to watch the playoffs from their couch.
Yeah, really poor form by those players. They should be embarrassed.
Number44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 04:34 PM   #4
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number44 View Post
Yeah, really poor form by those players. They should be embarrassed.
LOL, I'm sure not one Washington player would say a word. LOL
Old 01-04-2021, 04:30 PM   #5
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post

Not true a few have said it. Actually my argument if they had just made a single play in three different games they would be 9-7 . No one is saying that the Giants didn't need to take care of their own business , what people are saying that now with gambling it cheapens the Washington's team win and gives a black eye to the NFL . Win Sat and it's forgotten.
Old 01-04-2021, 04:35 PM   #6
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Not true a few have said it. Actually my argument if they had just made a single play in three different games they would be 9-7 . No one is saying that the Giants didn't need to take care of their own business , what people are saying that now with gambling it cheapens the Washington's team win and gives a black eye to the NFL . Win Sat and it's forgotten.
Ok, we can all play that game. If WFT makes a single play in three different games they would be 10-6 - including both games against the Giants.

It will be forgotten on Sunday no matter what.
Old 01-04-2021, 08:16 AM   #7
MTK
\m/

I don't care how or why waking up division champs today feels good
Old 01-04-2021, 08:18 AM   #8
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Amen. They act like Hurts was going to own us. He wasn't exactly slinging it. Refs gave them one TD and they got one on their own, but fuck anyone saying otherwise.

This is a HELLUVA lot better than worrying about draft status in November.
Old 01-04-2021, 08:25 AM   #9
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
Amen. They act like Hurts was going to own us. He wasn't exactly slinging it. Refs gave them one TD and they got one on their own, but fuck anyone saying otherwise.

This is a HELLUVA lot better than worrying about draft status in November.
Not to mention they managed to get a bizarre int at our 15 and failed to get it in the endzone.

As has been said, in a year where our team had:
A new coaching staff
A new name
Covid
Head coach Cancer
1st round qb bust drama
Injuries to our main already limited offensive weapons
Expectations of picking top 3 in the draft by many in the media
And so much more

Our team:
Swept Dallas
Swept Philly
Went 7-9 with several more oh so close games
Showed heart
Had a top 5 defensive performance

And won the NFC East!!!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 08:38 AM   #10
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

It was a weird game, stranger season. It feels good, also something unfulfilling about the division title with that effort last night. Sims jr fumbling and recovering punt, Alex terrible int, Alex Smith near fumble snap...all in the second half looked like we shouldn’t haven’t won that game.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 08:43 AM   #11
MTK
\m/

Not sure what's more annoying, WFT fans crying about winning or Giants fans crying about going 6-10 and missing the playoffs
Old 01-04-2021, 08:58 AM   #12
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Not sure what's more annoying, WFT fans crying about winning or Giants fans crying about going 6-10 and missing the playoffs
I don't see anyone "crying about winning". We're all WFT fans, and are happy they won the division. I think people (including me) are just pointing out the blatant disregard for the spirit of the game. Pederson's players can't respect him for that move last night - no way... I sure as hell don't. I'm not sure who in the league would want to play for him either.

Maybe WFT wins regardless - we'll never know.
Old 01-04-2021, 08:55 AM   #13
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownskinfan View Post
And I don’t know why a lot of people are mad at Philly, they leave Hurts in and most likely we lose, they gave us a present, accept it and shut the fuck up.
Really? How 'bout you shut the fuck up. Everyone on here is entitled to their opinion, just like you are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number44 View Post
What about the Steelers? How is that any different. Happens every year.
Teams that have nothing to play for the last week rest a lot of starting players. Every year. Eagles have no obligation to do what the Giants' fans want them to do. Pederson said pregame that he would probably bring Suds in the game in the 4th quarter. Crybaby fans of the great 6-10 Giants just need to shut up. They should be embarrassed.
Philly putting in Sudfeld was Bush league, and not even close to the same thing as resting your starters for the playoffs.

As my kids would say - "sus"...
Old 01-04-2021, 08:55 AM   #14
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

How I wish Mel Blanc were around to do a special 2020 NFC East NFL films voiceover

---

The 11 dumbest, wildest moments from insane NFC East season
https://www.thescore.com/s/16492738

---

Our coaching staff is the most respectable in the division and that alone is worthy of this year's nfc east title

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 09:06 AM   #15
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

I don't remember exactly my season prediction but I remember it wasn't high. 5-11/6-10ish IIRC.
7-9 and making the PO definitely is better than what I expected. Ugly game but beautiful season in many ways if you ask me.

Some frustrating in games decisions throughout sure, some infuriating losses, but culture change is getting there, and I like the way this team is building. Young defense missing a couple of pieces, and already some young talent on offense.
Basically with a QB we'd have a functional team.

Above anything else, I think it's hard not to love Rivera's toughness. In a weird way, the fact he's making some decisions I strongly disagree with makes me like his approach even more. The man doesn't care if we agree on not, he's focused on getting this group of young guys on board, and it's getting more and more obvious most of them are loving it !

Envoyé de mon SM-J320FN en utilisant Tapatalk