Fixing(?) Entitlements

Debating with the enemy

Old 07-10-2019, 04:28 PM   #46
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Re: Fixing(?) Entitlements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
The big question is how do you protect the trust fund in the event the market tanks?
I would think you have a constitutional amendment that mandates a 5-7 year low yield low risk lockbox that has a defined cost basis and a neutral party overseeing it.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-12-2019, 10:45 AM   #47
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
................and what I am saying is what if people don't know what it is you know and screw it up,don't say they can't ....you know better.
Then too bad for them, we shouldn't feel responsible if we gave them a safety net and they broke it.
Old 07-12-2019, 12:07 PM   #48
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Then too bad for them, we shouldn't feel responsible if we gave them a safety net and they broke it.

............and that is why a private system will not work.
Old 07-12-2019, 01:06 PM   #49
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
I dont think it has to be that way. The system can have minimum safeguards to prevent someone from breaking it. You raise the age to 70, and at 60 start reducing the allowed aggressiveness of fund selection. By default 20 thru 40 year olds should be placed in highly aggressive funds, 40-60 medium aggressive, and over 60 least aggressive. If a person wants to change his/her default they have to actively sign and request each year to take on the responsibility.

Nearly all americans would benefit greatly from that type system.

Old 07-12-2019, 03:40 PM   #50
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I dont think it has to be that way. The system can have minimum safeguards to prevent someone from breaking it. You raise the age to 70, and at 60 start reducing the allowed aggressiveness of fund selection. By default 20 thru 40 year olds should be placed in highly aggressive funds, 40-60 medium aggressive, and over 60 least aggressive. If a person wants to change his/her default they have to actively sign and request each year to take on the responsibility.

Nearly all americans would benefit greatly from that type system.

You nailed it. I said pretty much the same in post 44.
Old 07-15-2019, 11:25 AM   #51
Back2RFK
Special Teams

Quote:
Healthcare needs a review, Obamacare was a great idea that has some flaws but the bones of it are good,yes, some adjustments should/ must be made .
Tell that to the millions of the self employed who lost their insurance. If I had a qualified policy under Obama Care my premium would be $1980 per month for a family of 3, and our deductible would be $6000 per Person. Yes, that is a $6000 ded. per person. So if you do the math, $1980 x 12=$23,760 add on an $18,000 ded. and we would be paying $41,760 before receiving any real befits from Obama Care. This is what hit all small business owners.
Back2RFK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 08:39 PM   #52
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back2RFK View Post
Tell that to the millions of the self employed who lost their insurance. If I had a qualified policy under Obama Care my premium would be $1980 per month for a family of 3, and our deductible would be $6000 per Person. Yes, that is a $6000 ded. per person. So if you do the math, $1980 x 12=$23,760 add on an $18,000 ded. and we would be paying $41,760 before receiving any real befits from Obama Care. This is what hit all small business owners.
..................simply not true I had. have a policy and pay 490 a month for the family.
Old 07-16-2019, 12:15 AM   #53
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
..................simply not true I had. have a policy and pay 490 a month for the family.
That's great for you and your family. I would say it is likely more of the exception than the norm, unless you are in government. My company- a commercial small business - has raised deductibles/premiums along the lines of Back2Rfk's post, same with my brother in law's company in a different industry.

Old 07-16-2019, 10:51 AM   #54
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
The price varies greatly depending on which plan you choose and which company is offering it on the exchange.