Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Expectations for the rest of the season...

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-03-2014, 10:04 PM   #451
HailGreen28
Playmaker

Re: Expectations for the rest of the season...

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
I'd say maybe a couple teams would have him come in to compete to be a starter. Maybe the Jets, Buffalo and Tampa. I'd say there would be a few teams that would like him as a back up...Dallas, Seattle and SF.

Remember, every team now has seen the tape of him playing below average the last two years, plus all the drama that comes with it. Dallas would be the perfect landing spot for him.
I think teams, including ours especially back in the days of Snyder/Cerratto smh, do tend to recruit free agents that torched them in games. I think RG3 has done well against Dallas, tho maybe 2012 looms larger in my mind than it should.
HailGreen28 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-03-2014, 11:09 PM   #452
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintrain View Post
If you had to put a percentage to it, how much is the frustration for his off the field work (film study, preparation, study habits) vs. on the field (practice habits, game production, lack of improvement) for Griffin?
Percentage wise, I can't really say. but from what I hear it's much more the latter that concerns them

Quote:
I've heard the biggest issues with Kirk are not so much the turnovers themselves but the fact that he lacks the guts/confidence/demeanor to bounce back and he gets down in the dumps too quickly. Can't deal with adversity. Any substance to that?
Yes, this is true. They didn't like his defeatist attitude. And I hear he started putting a lot of blame behind closed doors (locker room, film sessions) on others. Chalk it up to frustration, but he has to be better than that

Quote:
Has it gotten to a Rob vs. Kirk situation? I know it's been festering since the Cleveland game in 2012 and RG felt threatened by Kirk ever since. Do you think/is there a sense in the building that if there wasn't a Kirk or Colt that he would be more relaxed and perform better?
They're not pals, but I don't think they hate each other. He'd be more relaxed probably, but not sure he'd perform better. Honestly, and I think I've mentioned it before, what's really overlooked is how valuable Rex Grossman was. His presence the last two years can't be overstated. RG3 literally followed Rex around everywhere his rookie season. And both RG3 and Kirk leaned on Rex a lot for advice. And Rex had a calming effect on both. Even through all the drama last year, Rex helped keep things relatively calm. Now, with him gone it's all blown up. Is that only because Rex is gone? No, and the expectation was by year 3 neither Rob nor Kirk should need someone like Rex, but they also took away the QB coach (though Rob never really got along with Matt LaFleur). People in the organization all love Colt, but he's totally different from Rex Grossman. Rex brings people together, Colt likes solitude

Quote:
Any thought to bringing in an actual QB coach? McVay and Gruden have other duties and nobody is devoted to coaching up the QB position.
Haven't heard. Think it's ridiculous they don't have one
Old 12-03-2014, 11:16 PM   #453
HailGreen28
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Why don't we have a QB coach? Thought even QB gurus (Reid Martz Jim Harbaugh maybe) had them even just as assistants. Lord knows all our QBs need work.
HailGreen28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 11:25 PM   #454
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by HailGreen28 View Post
Why don't we have a QB coach? Thought even QB gurus (Reid Martz Jim Harbaugh maybe) had them even just as assistants. Lord knows all our QBs need work.
Isn't Gruden supposed to be a QB coach/guru?
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 11:09 AM   #455
over the mountain
Playmaker

zorn

flacco really liked working with him a few years ago.
Old 12-04-2014, 01:16 PM   #456
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Expectations for the rest of the season...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
rg3 will garner a ton of interest. a ton. but im sure bruce will get out-GM'ed and let him go for a 4th. Which is crazy because we held on to Kirk for a second, but wont do the same for RG3.

Makes zero sense. None.

Poor move to trade RG3. Extremely poor

Well it makes alittle sense because Cousins has shown that he can run the offense and if he always threw to the right team he could run it well. I feel like his problems are coachable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
punch it in is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 01:30 PM   #457
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

I dont think RG-3 will ever be great in this league or even good enough to hold a starting job. I do not hate the kid, and that is not where my assessment of him comes from. I have often defended him as a person. I think for several weeks in 2012 the stars were just aligned for him but it was like a comet that comes every hundred years. Here and gone that quick.
I also do not blame the organization (for once). Trading down for Griff was a chance we had to take. This was not a Haynesworth or Adam Archuleta or any other number of bad trades, draft picks, etc type mistake. It was one we had to make, and because of injuries took this long to find out that it didnt work. The problem is that we are one of probably 5 teams in the league that could not afford to be wrong on this move. Whoops.

Old 12-04-2014, 02:46 PM   #458
sevier2
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
I forbid the Redskins to trade RGIII to Dallas. It would be just our luck that he would turn around his career there and beat us twice a year. I hate Dallas too much to think there might be any chance of that happening.
Well if YOU forbid it I guess the skins have no choice. I heard Bruce gets most his advice here anyways.

Wait, wait, he doesn't get his advice here. Which means RGIII will be traded to Dallas for one of their 30+ year old players.

Damn, maybe Bruce should start looking to the forums for help with this team.
Old 12-05-2014, 09:19 PM   #459
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Percentage wise, I can't really say. but from what I hear it's much more the latter that concerns them

Yes, this is true. They didn't like his defeatist attitude. And I hear he started putting a lot of blame behind closed doors (locker room, film sessions) on others. Chalk it up to frustration, but he has to be better than that

They're not pals, but I don't think they hate each other. He'd be more relaxed probably, but not sure he'd perform better. Honestly, and I think I've mentioned it before, what's really overlooked is how valuable Rex Grossman was. His presence the last two years can't be overstated. RG3 literally followed Rex around everywhere his rookie season. And both RG3 and Kirk leaned on Rex a lot for advice. And Rex had a calming effect on both. Even through all the drama last year, Rex helped keep things relatively calm. Now, with him gone it's all blown up. Is that only because Rex is gone? No, and the expectation was by year 3 neither Rob nor Kirk should need someone like Rex, but they also took away the QB coach (though Rob never really got along with Matt LaFleur). People in the organization all love Colt, but he's totally different from Rex Grossman. Rex brings people together, Colt likes solitude

Why not bring back Rex Grossman as a backup Quarterback and unofficial Quarterback coach?
Old 12-05-2014, 09:29 PM   #460
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
Why not bring back Rex Grossman as a backup Quarterback and unofficial Quarterback coach?

Why in the Hell would we do that?

Old 12-06-2014, 08:58 AM   #461
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevier2 View Post
Well if YOU forbid it I guess the skins have no choice. I heard Bruce gets most his advice here anyways.

Wait, wait, he doesn't get his advice here. Which means RGIII will be traded to Dallas for one of their 30+ year old players.

Damn, maybe Bruce should start looking to the forums for help with this team.
Bruce? Does he make any decisions about RGIII?

There was a time when suggesting doing anything that could possibly help Dallas would get a person drummed out of Redskins Nation. Yes, that time period was known as "The Good Old Days".
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 09:00 AM   #462
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Isn't Gruden supposed to be a QB coach/guru?
The Head Coach is kinda busy with other things, ya know.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote