Expert's take on the Redskins

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 01-25-2015, 02:53 PM   #16
MTK
\m/

Re: Expert's take on the Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
This speaks directly to Scott Campbell and our scouting department. Can't wait till scot fires all these guys.
I think it speaks more to the lack of direction coming from the top of the organization down as Riddick states. Constant coaching changes, a lack of commitment to the draft, no real organizational identity...

Quote:
It’s never one thing, the lack of true philosophy that’s what you have. It’s hard enough to hit on kids [in the draft], let alone when you’re having turmoil and doing that kind of stuff all the time. You can’t have a philosophy when you go from Marty to Spurrier to Gibbs to Zorn to Shanahan. What’s the philosophy? They’re all different and all require different players with different makeups. It’s impossible to even say you have a philosophy. It’s laughable."

Advertisements
Old 01-25-2015, 04:52 PM   #17
redskinsfan1980

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
I think it speaks more to the lack of direction coming from the top of the organization down as Riddick states. Constant coaching changes, a lack of commitment to the draft, no real organizational identity...
SMac is looking to bolster that front office based on the recent report I read on CSN Redskins.

Redskins reportedly seek to interview Green Bay executive | Comcast SportsNet Washington

This would be f**king huge! We need as many great football minds as possible.
redskinsfan1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 04:07 PM   #18
Bishop Hammer
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownskinfan View Post
Not a glowing endorsement of RG3 but how could there be? Anybody who did would be an idiot.

As far as the defense goes,both of them seemed to me to be screaming switch back to the 4-3 because we dont have the personnel to run the 3-4,but being the redskins I'm sure we will stick with the 3-4
Whats really mind blowing; The Redskins have "run" the 3-4 for five years and they still don't have the personnel for this type of defense. Scot McLovin has his work cut out for him the next, couple, of seasons.
he's already in me
I wanna be adored
I wanna be adored

Stone Roses
"I wanna be adored"
Bishop Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 04:19 PM   #19
HailGreen28
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop Hammer View Post
Whats really mind blowing; The Redskins have "run" the 3-4 for five years and they still don't have the personnel for this type of defense. Scot McLovin has his work cut out for him the next, couple, of seasons.
maybe not the traditional steeler 2 gap 3-4, but don't we have the personnel for a wade phillips 1 gap 3-4, with zone pass d?
HailGreen28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 04:23 PM   #20
SCRedskinsFan
Impact Rookie

If we have the personnel for a one gap 3-4 defense, why has our base defense been two gap until now? Haz? Unbelievable...
SCRedskinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 12:18 PM   #21
SouperMeister
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
I could not agree more. McCloughan gives me some hope, but this is a long term rebuilding effort. Moving forward, emphasis must be put on building through the draft, starting with both lines. Hell, building through the draft instead of through free agency would be a big improvement. I hope that we don't go nuts as would be typical Snyder with over $10M available under the cap.
SouperMeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 01:20 AM   #22
Skins4L
Impact Rookie

Wow.. maybe we should trade down. Let's see how the combine goes I bet a DB rather Safety emerges as a physical freak.

He said there's "no sean Taylor's". Lol no sh*t Sherlock. will there ever be again? He was the GOAT imo. The goat. But anyway.. gotta be a safety worth taking.

The Griffin article was spot on. "Blip on the radar" hes right there.