Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Redskins Mock Draft

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 04-17-2019, 10:03 AM   #391
MTK
\m/

Re: Redskins Mock Draft

I wouldn't hate this at all

If the Redskins want 'great value' on a Day 2 receiver, Hakeem Butler is worth looking at

Advertisements
Old 04-17-2019, 10:43 AM   #392
sevier2
Impact Rookie

The nice thing about having a roster that could use help everywhere is that we don't need to overthink the draft. Just go BPA every round. I don't care what position it is, just take the best player. It's almost a relief for me as a fan cause I don't have a particular "wish list" of players I want. Give me anybody who can play their position well.

If we can shore up the QB spot with Rosen (big IF, I know) then that's worth a round 2 pick.

Trade back in the first, recoup our 2nd rounder and load up on young, cheap talent.
Old 04-17-2019, 10:55 AM   #393
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevier2 View Post
The nice thing about having a roster that could use help everywhere is that we don't need to overthink the draft. Just go BPA every round. I don't care what position it is, just take the best player. It's almost a relief for me as a fan cause I don't have a particular "wish list" of players I want. Give me anybody who can play their position well.

If we can shore up the QB spot with Rosen (big IF, I know) then that's worth a round 2 pick.

Trade back in the first, recoup our 2nd rounder and load up on young, cheap talent.
Fine with me as well. BPA is what this team needs for almost all picks. The DLINE is very good as is 3 OL, but everywhere else needs upgrade.
Old 04-17-2019, 11:57 AM   #394
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

if an elite edge rusher or Hockenson isn't there at 15, I'd like to see us trade back. There are no QB or WR prospects worthy of the 15th pick, and our other most pressing needs have tons of depth in the mid-rounds.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 12:54 PM   #395
Irrefutable
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
if an elite edge rusher or Hockenson isn't there at 15, I'd like to see us trade back. There are no QB or WR prospects worthy of the 15th pick, and our other most pressing needs have tons of depth in the mid-rounds.
I agree, except if there is a great tackle I might take him. Let him play guard for a few years and back-up Trent and Moses.

J Williams

Plus Trent has 2 years left on his contract and I doubt they want to give a big contract to a 33-year-old tackle.

Last edited by Irrefutable; 04-17-2019 at 01:13 PM.
Irrefutable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 02:37 PM   #396
skinsnut
Playmaker

Quote:
The problem with this strategy is that everyone else wants the same, (but may also want OT). Frankly the only taker of a trade down is if the last OT, Edge or Hockenson are available.
It would be really hard to pass up on Hockenson to move down, but that's really the ammo we would need.

The only reason I could see them to move down, is to secure another 2nd and still capture a Rookie QB at then end of the first or in the 2nd.

I personally love Hockenson as he is both Oline and a receiver....really 2 players in one. He is the main one I would not trade down, but no way he falls to us.
Oline? trade down, you can get a guard in round 3.
Most edge? trade down, as anyone here is likely a situational 3rd down pass rusher anyways.

At 15, Buy Hockenson, Buy Sweat, Sell the rest!
Old 04-17-2019, 06:49 PM   #397
DYoungJelly
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Fine with me as well. BPA is what this team needs for almost all picks. The DLINE is very good as is 3 OL, but everywhere else needs upgrade.
Just curious, who is the 3rd?

IMHO, I think we are more solid at C than at RT. Moses is hurt every single year and isn't serviceable when injured (unlike Trent who is merely good when injured).
Old 04-17-2019, 07:07 PM   #398
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by DYoungJelly View Post
Just curious, who is the 3rd?

IMHO, I think we are more solid at C than at RT. Moses is hurt every single year and isn't serviceable when injured (unlike Trent who is merely good when injured).
I’m a big believer in chase
Old 04-18-2019, 08:57 AM   #399
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

When I look at the Roster I see some big needs:

1. Pass Rusher
2. Free Safety
3. Quality starting boundary WR opposite Richardson
4. Left Guard
5. Blocking TE
6. Young QB

Because of our poor free agency period, Bruce has put us in a bad position to have to plug holes in this draft. We must use the first 4 picks to get players who start or contribute right away.

He Gets Us

Last edited by Chico23231; 04-18-2019 at 09:55 AM.
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 09:01 AM   #400
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post

1. Pass Rusher
2. Free Safety
4. Left Guard
5. Blocking TE
6. Young QB

Because off our poor free agency period, Bruce has put us in a bad position to have to plug holes in this draft. We must use the first 4 picks to get players who start or contribute right away.
I don't see them going after FS, DRC is going to fill that role for a year IMO.
Old 04-18-2019, 09:05 AM   #401
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
I don't see them going after FS, DRC is going to fill that role for a year IMO.
Yeah I think Monte/DRC could...but it would be bad.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 09:54 AM   #402
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post

1. Pass Rusher
2. Free Safety
4. Left Guard
5. Blocking TE
6. Young QB

Because off our poor free agency period, Bruce has put us in a bad position to have to plug holes in this draft. We must use the first 4 picks to get players who start or contribute right away.
The team in my opinion got weaker in free agency not better, especially considering a lot of the acquired players will be cut and turn into cap hits.
Allen is nothing but a steaming pile of crap.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 10:29 AM   #403
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
The team in my opinion got weaker in free agency not better, especially considering a lot of the acquired players will be cut and turn into cap hits.
Allen is nothing but a steaming pile of crap.
I disagree completely. I think free agency was a net gain for us.

Of players projected to be starters, we lost a good-but-not-great OLB and an injury-prone receiver. For both of those players, we already have replacements on the roster drafted in previous years.

We added a low-end starting QB and an elite safety. And we also essentially added an elite ILB with the news foster would not be suspended.

Additionally, its not like the draft will be it for us. We are generally active in the next waves of free agency: the post-draft and post-june 1 cuts. I would not be surprised if get a really good starter who is a surprise cut by his team.

I'm not saying we have had a stellar offseason by any means, but I think our overall roster is already better than we were when the season ended.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
Old 04-18-2019, 10:32 AM   #404
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
I disagree completely. I think free agency was a net gain for us.

Of players projected to be starters, we lost a good-but-not-great OLB and an injury-prone receiver. For both of those players, we already have replacements on the roster drafted in previous years.

We added a low-end starting QB and an elite safety. And we also essentially added an elite ILB with the news foster would not be suspended.

Additionally, its not like the draft will be it for us. We are generally active in the next waves of free agency: the post-draft and post-june 1 cuts. I would not be surprised if get a really good starter who is a surprise cut by his team.

I'm not saying we have had a stellar offseason by any means, but I think our overall roster is already better than we were when the season ended.
Have to stay healthy of course and we really need an upgrade at Guard and RT , Moses is solid but is made of glass. WR sucks, TE is not much better. The Defense is much better than the O right now.
Old 04-18-2019, 10:46 AM   #405
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Have to stay healthy of course and we really need an upgrade at Guard and RT , Moses is solid but is made of glass. WR sucks, TE is not much better. The Defense is much better than the O right now.
There is still plenty of work to be done. I'm just disagreeing with the assertion that our team got worse over the course of free agency. We may have gotten slightly worse at a couple positions, but we got gotten significantly better at others.