Snyder (the absolute worst owner in all of sports) to stay on a owner

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 07-07-2021, 07:06 AM   #61
irish
Playmaker

Re: Snyder to Stay on a Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissouriSkin View Post
I don’t think it’s a stretch to think the NFL wanted this to go away quickly and relatively quietly before people began to look at other teams and owners. As for the officiating, I watch a TON of football and have never seen the amount of blown calls and outright bias against a team that I see agains us. Yeah I’m a fan but even people I know who hate the team agree.
Haha, that's funny. I get why the league might have it out for NE, Pgh, Balt, GB or the other winning teams but WFT has been a loser team for close to 30 years. Most of the games WFT plays are meaningless in the playoff picture. Nobody outside the WFT fan base cares about WFT because WFT hasn't given anyone much to get excited about for 30 years.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-07-2021, 09:37 AM   #62
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish View Post
Haha, that's funny. I get why the league might have it out for NE, Pgh, Balt, GB or the other winning teams but WFT has been a loser team for close to 30 years. Most of the games WFT plays are meaningless in the playoff picture. Nobody outside the WFT fan base cares about WFT because WFT hasn't given anyone much to get excited about for 30 years.
Yeah nobody is out to get this team, this franchise hasn't been able to get out of it's own way since Snyder bought it so they haven't needed any outside influence. The league would love for a team in a major market like DC to be successful.

Every fan base likes to think the league stacks the deck against them somehow. It's just silly paranoid fan conspiracy BS.
Old 07-07-2021, 02:30 PM   #63
irish
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Yeah nobody is out to get this team, this franchise hasn't been able to get out of it's own way since Snyder bought it so they haven't needed any outside influence. The league would love for a team in a major market like DC to be successful.

Every fan base likes to think the league stacks the deck against them somehow. It's just silly paranoid fan conspiracy BS.
You are 100% correct about the NFL wanting a major market team like WFT to be successful.
Old 07-07-2021, 02:51 PM   #64
JackLord
Special Teams

With regards to meddling:

In a recent interview, Snyder said the team has made changes over the last year to reform the workplace environment, including overhauling the front office and replacing the cheerleading squad–the center of many allegations of wrongdoing–with a gender-neutral outfit. He conceded he was not as involved with the franchise as he should have been.

Wall St Journal 7/1/21

You may make of that what you will ...
JackLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 03:16 PM   #65
calia
Playmaker

Quote:

I disagree. The league is out to get us - they just left us with Snyder with 100% ownership. That IS sticking it to us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-07-2021, 03:21 PM   #66
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackLord View Post

In a recent interview, Snyder said the team has made changes over the last year to reform the workplace environment, including overhauling the front office and replacing the cheerleading squad–the center of many allegations of wrongdoing–with a gender-neutral outfit. He conceded he was not as involved with the franchise as he should have been.

Wall St Journal 7/1/21

That WSJ article was a total joke puff piece. It's true Snyder has backed off in recent years as far as day to day operations go, but he's meddled enough to have an impact. RG3, Haskins, etc.
Old 07-07-2021, 03:23 PM   #67
JackLord
Special Teams

Quote:
That WSJ article was a total joke puff piece. It's true Snyder has backed off in recent years as far as day to day operations go, but he's meddled enough to have an impact. RG3, Haskins, etc.
Absolutely.
Old 07-07-2021, 03:48 PM   #68
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by calia View Post
I disagree. The league is out to get us - they just left us with Snyder with 100% ownership. That IS sticking it to us.

lol true
Old 07-07-2021, 04:02 PM   #69
calia
Playmaker

Snyder to Stay on a Owner

In all seriousness, we have enough crazy conspiracy theories circulating these days without one about the WFT. Teams that do well on the field consistently do tend to get breaks from the refs - whether consciously or unconsciously, there’s an impulse to support a star system, which the fans want. Until we start winning consistently, those breaks aren’t likely to go our way.

Let’s hope that this season signals the beginning of sustained success. I am more optimistic than usual - our D should be ferocious, we’ve added some good skills players on offense, and I have confidence in our coach (and more importantly, the players seem to). We have a pretty rough schedule but it’s time to pull up our big boy pants and see what the team is made of. If we can stay healthy and if Fitz can curb the turnovers, I don’t think there is another team we can’t beat in any given Sunday. It’s been a long time since I thought that was true. As in decades since I thought that was true.

Old 07-07-2021, 05:47 PM   #70
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Snyder is such a douche, tool, coward etc.. The guy is a pussy. He can't even do any interviews w/ local media. The less we see or hear from him the better.

Not really sure how much better Tanya will be. What does she know about football and how to run a team? They both just need to stay out of the way cause neither imo are capable.

The only reason we are where we are w/ competent people is because I feel Snyder knew he had some issues coming down on him and he had no choice but to clean it up.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 06:53 PM   #71
MissouriSkin
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Snyder is such a douche, tool, coward etc.. The guy is a pussy. He can't even do any interviews w/ local media. The less we see or hear from him the better.

Not really sure how much better Tanya will be. What does she know about football and how to run a team? They both just need to stay out of the way cause neither imo are capable.

The only reason we are where we are w/ competent people is because I feel Snyder knew he had some issues coming down on him and he had no choice but to clean it up.
All she has to do is be smart enough to say “Ron, you and Martin got this. Let me know if you need anything”.
Old 07-08-2021, 09:09 AM   #72
irish
Playmaker

Quote:
I think in recent years DS has been as involved as ever but became much better at appearing to have backed off. As long as DS is the owner he will meddle at every level. He cant help it it's who he is.
Old 07-08-2021, 09:54 AM   #73
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackLord View Post

Wall St Journal 7/1/21

That is what us fans want more Dan Snyder. More DS = problems solved
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 10:35 AM   #74
JackLord
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish View Post
I think in recent years DS has been as involved as ever but became much better at appearing to have backed off. As long as DS is the owner he will meddle at every level. He cant help it it's who he is.
Sadly, I agree. He really cannot help it.

I am conversant in football and i would love to own a team. But I have no illusions that I could transform into a Bobby Beatherd.
Old 07-08-2021, 09:55 PM   #75
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Random occasion to say Al Galdi is doing a great job on his podcast bringing quality guests. (Ie Brandon Thorn for an in depth talk about our DL and OL, episode 85).

On episode 97 he had a labor an employment lawyer talk about the Wilkinson report, solid listen:

https://toppodcast.com/podcast_feeds...galdi-podcast/

Basically the guy trusts that Beth did a solid and thorough investigation job, that she wasn't impeded in any way... but once the investigation part is done, she refers to her client, and the client decides what is to be publicly said. Attorney-client privilege can only be waived by the later, not the former.

On the suspension-not-suspension thing, he said Snyder doesn't seem like a guy who would voluntarily step aside, nor want to publicly say he's stepping aside. So the league and/or Wilkinson probably had a more "suspension-like suspension" in mind, but Snyder negotiated a way to put it out there with less ego hurting words.

Last edited by FrenchSkin; 07-09-2021 at 01:47 AM.
FrenchSkin is offline   Reply With Quote