Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

I See QB Rumors (2012 QB Thread: The Sixth Sense)

Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2012, 02:53 PM   #1
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

I See QB Rumors (2012 QB Thread: The Sixth Sense)

So we've got two big rumors at play here.

SC and I have researched this independently but in many ways our information does intersect So let's run through it:

Peyton Manning: Our own sources are telling us it's not an option. Which is what I've been saying. Where he ends up I don't know. I don't think it's so definitive that he won't return to Indy

Robert Griffin 3: Yes, we like him but all this talk of being enamored with him and looking to trade up to get him appears to only be a smokescreen. If he's there at 6, sure. But, as of right now, there's no interest in giving up picks to move up for him. At least, that's what I've heard. I actually am not even sure we'd take him if he's there at 6. But then, I thought the same about Landry

Mark Sanchez: Since I've brought him up before, let me just say that it looks less and less like an option, even if he's available

Matt Flynn: I haven't heard from anyone I trust that we're interested

Brian Hoyer: Patriots want to keep him, but we'd be interested for sure if he is available

Colt McCoy: Haven't heard his name mentioned even once to DC..which is why I keep saying he's the sleeper QB we're going to get

Ok, let's get to the real story here:

Andrew Luck/Sam Bradford: Well, these are the big guns. I'm hearing a lot more about a 3-way trade that gets us the #1 pick (Andrew Luck), gets the Colts #2
(RG3, plus picks) and gets the Rams #6 (plus picks and a player). I mean publically no one is talking about this at all, but I know of people inside the organization that are talking about it. Inside the Colts organization that is

SC is hearing a lot more about a 3-way trade that gets us Sam Bradford, the Rams #3 and picks and gets the Vikings #6, picks, and Orakpo. We've each heard variations of what the other has heard. On my end the Bradford talk has been a bit quiet in recent weeks as the Luck talk has heated up (incidentally who was it here that said Orton to the Colts? Because that's apparently very much a
possibility). Incidentally, no rumors I've heard involving Bradford coming to the Redskins include the Vikings. So if that happens, that's all SC.

Getting Luck would seem to be a bit more unattainable than getting Bradford, but it may not be. But bottom line: The Redskins are exhausting all possibilities to get either Luck or Bradford and expect to get one or the other. Also, they plan on adding two QBs this offseason (not Luck & Bradford, of course). And, I know you guys thought I was crazy when I brought it up this fall and when I didn't lock the thread someone else had started on the possibility, but we're shopping Orakpo in order to get our QB. Maybe other players as well, thought not Trent Williams. But especially Orakpo

And for those few of you who I have already talked to about this, it appears the # of picks may be a bit
less than originally mentioned for Luck. Actually considerably less, but it's still potentially a handful. But apparently nothing below our 2nd this year

And I realize the notion of being able to get Luck seems absurd but we wouldn't bring it up if we didn't think the sources suggesting it weren't reliable.

If you want to know if I think we'll actually land Luck or Bradford...I'd be surprised. (I don't even think we're drafting any QB in the first round for that matter). My own gut at this time says we're signing/trading for a veteran, and someone like Wilson or Keenum in the last rounds. I've heard Cousins is at the top of our 2nd tier, meaning after Luck/Bradford. So good prediction there Tripp. But Luck/Bradford are who I'm told is at the top of their board. ...And it's only January

Advertisements
Old 01-28-2012, 03:07 PM   #2
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Re: I See QB Rumors (2012 QB Thread: The Sixth Sense)

Oh the anticipation.. imagine Bradford and Blackmon. Or Luck alone

Last edited by tryfuhl; 01-28-2012 at 03:10 PM.
Old 01-28-2012, 03:14 PM   #3
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Well at least we are going after the best of the best. To get either Luck or Bradford would be great.

He Gets Us
Old 01-28-2012, 03:23 PM   #4
mbedner3420
The Starter

So we give picks to both the colts and the rams? Kinda sucks...
Old 01-28-2012, 03:33 PM   #5
NM Redskin
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbedner3420 View Post
So we give picks to both the colts and the rams? Kinda sucks...
But we would have Luck!
Old 01-28-2012, 03:36 PM   #6
musicmaster45
Special Teams

Yea interesting the new cap rules really made trades that used to seem ridiculous more plausible.
Old 01-28-2012, 03:41 PM   #7
diehardskin2982
Another Year, another mess.

I understand the thought process for the Skins, they need their guy. Recently, Kyle said that we need an explosive wideout. So I am interested to see how we can get that player and still do these deals.
Old 01-28-2012, 03:42 PM   #8
Meks
Pro Bowl

dislike bradford, we'll have to give up too much for luck but, he's a safe bet... for years, my tune is kind of changing on that note...
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Old 01-28-2012, 03:47 PM   #9
Ruhskins
Living Legend

I have this funny feeling that what SS is saying about not drafting a QB in the first round is actually going to happen. I can see the team drafting a defensive player (again) in the first round and having some half-a$$ed situation at QB going into next season. And once again, we'll be having the same discussions about getting a QB next offseason. Bleh.
R.I.P. #21
Old 01-28-2012, 03:52 PM   #10
diehardskin2982
Another Year, another mess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
I have this funny feeling that what SS is saying about not drafting a QB in the first round is actually going to happen. I can see the team drafting a defensive player (again) in the first round and having some half-a$$ed situation at QB going into next season. And once again, we'll be having the same discussions about getting a QB next offseason. Bleh.
I don't think that will happen because Shanny is on the hot seat. He can not go into the next season with a fiasco at qb like last year. That was an imbarassment for the franchise and him.
Old 01-28-2012, 03:54 PM   #11
celts32
Playmaker

This sentence makes me giddy..."The Redskins are exhausting all possibilities to get either Luck or Bradford and expect to get one or the other."

“Goal line, goal line. I-left, tight wing, 70 chip on white.”

www.facebook.com/HackettstownBeerClub
Old 01-28-2012, 03:58 PM   #12
The Goat
Pro Bowl

The more thought I put into this off-season, the less I want to see the "big" trade deal to get a QB. Any big trade scenario assumes we give up future picks to land a star right now. Unfortunately, that "star" will be walking into a very bad situation. He's got to learn an inflexible, unyielding, almost esoteric hybrid-system concocted by a washed-up legacy coach and his (even less inspiring) son as offensive coordinator. Mike is basically on his way out at this point and it would be monumentally irresponsible to put a young QB under Kyle's sole tutelage. In short, a risk-reward analysis here screams "don't let these guys mortgage the future!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Trading players is less risky, but disappointing still. If Orakpo wants to be traded at this point I think it indicates how players feel about the current regime i.e. the writing is on the wall this is NOT a winning regime. Re-watching games from last season it's clear Rak didn't give 100% consistently. Is he a lazy type? Hardly. One of the hardest working young players drafted in a long time IMO, but obviously discouraged about something. Mike's ego will trade away our best player(s) to keep his little post-Denver spite project going for another year or two.

Lil Danny was (of course) right to turn the franchise over to football professionals, but most unfortunately he turned things over to Mike Shanahan. My biggest hope right now is Danny doesn't forget the wisdom behind his first decision (to let go) as we endure Mike's failures. There will be a fresh, young Parcells, Belichick, or Gibbs type HC emerge in the next few years and I'm praying circumstances and fate place him at Redskins Park.
Old 01-28-2012, 04:03 PM   #13
NM Redskin
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
The more thought I put into this off-season, the less I want to see the "big" trade deal to get a QB. Any big trade scenario assumes we give up future picks to land a star right now. Unfortunately, that "star" will be walking into a very bad situation. He's got to learn an inflexible, unyielding, almost esoteric hybrid-system concocted by a washed-up legacy coach and his (even less inspiring) son as offensive coordinator. Mike is basically on his way out at this point and it would be monumentally irresponsible to put a young QB under Kyle's sole tutelage. In short, a risk-reward analysis here screams "don't let these guys mortgage the future!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Trading players is less risky, but disappointing still. If Orakpo wants to be traded at this point I think it indicates how players feel about the current regime i.e. the writing is on the wall this is NOT a winning regime. Re-watching games from last season it's clear Rak didn't give 100% consistently. Is he a lazy type? Hardly. One of the hardest working young players drafted in a long time IMO, but obviously discouraged about something. Mike's ego will trade away our best player(s) to keep his little post-Denver spite project going for another year or two.

Lil Danny was (of course) right to turn the franchise over to football professionals, but most unfortunately he turned things over to Mike Shanahan. My biggest hope right now is Danny doesn't forget the wisdom behind his first decision (to let go) as we endure Mike's failures. There will be a fresh, young Parcells, Belichick, or Gibbs type HC emerge in the next few years and I'm praying circumstances and fate place him at Redskins Park.
Some see the glass half empty, some see it half full. You pretty much see it full of sand.

Last edited by NM Redskin; 01-28-2012 at 04:09 PM.
Old 01-28-2012, 04:03 PM   #14
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

I don't like the idea of trading Orakpo. Don't like it at all.

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
Old 01-28-2012, 04:07 PM   #15
celts32
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post

Respectfully disagree with every word of this post.

Who said Orakpo wanted to be traded? The Redskins shopping Orakpo and Orakpo wanting to be traded are two entirely different things...

“Goal line, goal line. I-left, tight wing, 70 chip on white.”

www.facebook.com/HackettstownBeerClub

Last edited by celts32; 01-28-2012 at 04:08 PM.
Closed Thread