Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Other Sports

Wizards

Other Sports

Old 03-29-2017, 10:45 AM   #31
CooleyAsCanBe
Special Teams

Re: Wizards

Although winning the Division Title isn't the ultimate goal, it sure is nice and was a long time coming. This is a fun team.

Advertisements
Old 03-29-2017, 06:46 PM   #32
itvnetop
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CooleyAsCanBe View Post
Although winning the Division Title isn't the ultimate goal, it sure is nice and was a long time coming. This is a fun team.
Moving in the right direction feels good.

Check out the odds to win the finals. Although this site has been known to be wrong once in awhile...

my blather
itvnetop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 08:38 PM   #33
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by CooleyAsCanBe View Post
Definitely glad to be rid of that record, but I ain't getting my hopes up for the playoffs. It'd be nice to be surprised but DC has left me very jaded over the years for never advancing past the second round.
Old 03-29-2017, 08:55 PM   #34
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Definitely glad to be rid of that record, but I ain't getting my hopes up for the playoffs. It'd be nice to be surprised but DC has left me very jaded over the years for never advancing past the second round.
Dude what is it about D.C. Sports teams? Capitals, wizards, redskins and the Nats? I the maybe the Maryland championship(04?) and the George mason final four run...I guess that's given the town a little relief sports wise?

It's tough being D.C. Sports fan...the caps have to be the most disappointing. Too good and the window is closing

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 07:54 AM   #35
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Dude what is it about D.C. Sports teams? Capitals, wizards, redskins and the Nats? I the maybe the Maryland championship(04?) and the George mason final four run...I guess that's given the town a little relief sports wise?

It's tough being D.C. Sports fan...the caps have to be the most disappointing. Too good and the window is closing
Yup. Caps definitely most disappointing, for having such a great team over the years. Even when they go up 3-1 in a series I still don't get my hopes up lol, they just can't close the deal. They were the 3-1 chokers before the Warriors ever came along. They probably have this year and possibly next before the window is closed. Ovi is starting to age this year (recent hat trick notwithstanding) and we have a good team around him, but they are going to have to shed some players this offseason.

We know the deal with the Wizards, I know they are a better team this year but playoffs is partially luck combined with skill. Sometimes you need the bounces to go your way to advance. Like I said I'd love to see them advance and break this DC curse of no major sports teams appearing in the conference finals since '01 but I won't get my hopes up.
Old 03-31-2017, 08:54 AM   #36
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Yup. Caps definitely most disappointing, for having such a great team over the years. Even when they go up 3-1 in a series I still don't get my hopes up lol, they just can't close the deal. They were the 3-1 chokers before the Warriors ever came along. They probably have this year and possibly next before the window is closed. Ovi is starting to age this year (recent hat trick notwithstanding) and we have a good team around him, but they are going to have to shed some players this offseason.

We know the deal with the Wizards, I know they are a better team this year but playoffs is partially luck combined with skill. Sometimes you need the bounces to go your way to advance. Like I said I'd love to see them advance and break this DC curse of no major sports teams appearing in the conference finals since '01 but I won't get my hopes up.
as wiz fans I completely understand. I really think this is finally our best team, but we def need a couple things to go our way. One would be Boston or Cleveland to lose in the first round.

He Gets Us
Old 04-06-2017, 09:14 PM   #37
itvnetop
Playmaker

One of the voices of the Bullets/Wiz isn't returning next year... I can't remember ever listening to games without Phil.

my blather
Old 04-07-2017, 02:42 PM   #38
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by itvnetop View Post
One of the voices of the Bullets/Wiz isn't returning next year... I can't remember ever listening to games without Phil.
Not trying to mince words here, it's a goddamn shame. It sounds like the execs just want a new voice in the booth. Phil Chenier is as much a part of this team as Ted Leonsis. He's been doing games in the booth longer than I've been alive. They totally did him dirty too, if you wanted a new voice tell him before the season starts so he can enjoy a farewell tour. It's the least they could do after 33 seasons serving this team in the booth. It'd be like the CSN getting rid of Beninati.

Also how you gonna do this to the guy the year the team finally joins the cusp of being elite. The comments that I read from Chenier feel like he was blindsided by this.
Old 04-07-2017, 09:28 PM   #39
itvnetop
Playmaker

Quote:
Not trying to mince words here, it's a goddamn shame. It sounds like the execs just want a new voice in the booth. Phil Chenier is as much a part of this team as Ted Leonsis. He's been doing games in the booth longer than I've been alive. They totally did him dirty too, if you wanted a new voice tell him before the season starts so he can enjoy a farewell tour. It's the least they could do after 33 seasons serving this team in the booth. It'd be like the CSN getting rid of Beninati.

Also how you gonna do this to the guy the year the team finally joins the cusp of being elite. The comments that I read from Chenier feel like he was blindsided by this.
Totally. He stayed through the decades of misery and now that the team has a future, he's not able to enjoy it (minus the rare short seasons of success past). His insight when watching a replay is pretty rare for local analysts and I appreciate his non-homerism when calling things as they are. At least he's still got a gig in the studio, but it's not the same. I remember his voice way back when Ledell Eackles and Tom Gugliotta were playing.

I'm thinking Christy Winters Scott may be the replacement. It would be unfortunate if Antawn replaces Phil's chair.

my blather
Old 04-09-2017, 11:17 AM   #40
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by itvnetop View Post
Totally. He stayed through the decades of misery and now that the team has a future, he's not able to enjoy it (minus the rare short seasons of success past). His insight when watching a replay is pretty rare for local analysts and I appreciate his non-homerism when calling things as they are. At least he's still got a gig in the studio, but it's not the same. I remember his voice way back when Ledell Eackles and Tom Gugliotta were playing.

I'm thinking Christy Winters Scott may be the replacement. It would be unfortunate if Antawn replaces Phil's chair.
I loved him because of how impartial he was, he always gave credit where it's due, even if it was against the Wizards. You're right, at least he got a studio gig but it's really not the same. You talking about Jamison replacing him? I'd give him a shot but I ain't getting my hopes up. It's hard to replace the chemistry that he and Steve B. had.
Old 04-19-2017, 10:25 PM   #41
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Man, that stare down by wall after the steal and the dunk...this team is electric

He Gets Us
Old 04-20-2017, 08:34 AM   #42
skinsfan69
Living Legend

The Wiz are really a fun team to watch. It's good to see Verizon Center finally wake up and come a home court advantage.

Sucks about Chenier. Met him several years ago and he is nothing but a class act.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 02:05 PM   #43
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

man, needed that last night. I wish Oubre woulda knock that dirty mutherf*cker out too...cheap shot by a flat out bitch.

has anybody been following these pieces of shit out of UCLA? The Ball brothers stuff. I don't know who would buy this garbage, but a coworker forwarded me their shoes and they haven't played in the NBA yet...but have a shoe deal? :

https://bigballerbrand.com/products/video-feet-1

$995 for a pair of shoes? autographed?

He Gets Us
Old 05-05-2017, 02:46 PM   #44
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Lol as far as I'm concerned the Ball father has destroyed his son's credibility. If those shoes become popular this will become a thing for every top star coming out of college. The concept that a pair of shoes for a rookie who has never played at the top level is worth more than a pair of Jordan's/Kobe's/etc. is laughable.

Also the best joke I heard about this basically said nobody will buy them cuz the brand name is terrible. Nobody's going to talk about Ball's the way they talk about Jordan's/etc. "Hey man check out this sweet new pair of Balls that I got" lol.

Glad the Wiz finally took a game last night. I turned it on the second quarter and watched the rest of the laugher. I'm glad they finally kept up the momentum and never stopped hustling. I like what Oubre did to Olenyk, standing up for himself, but it's also playing into his hand at the same time. We need him on the bench, hope his suspension is short.
Old 05-05-2017, 02:51 PM   #45
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Lol as far as I'm concerned the Ball father has destroyed his son's credibility. If those shoes become popular this will become a thing for every top star coming out of college. The concept that a pair of shoes for a rookie who has never played at the top level is worth more than a pair of Jordan's/Kobe's/etc. is laughable.

Also the best joke I heard about this basically said nobody will buy them cuz the brand name is terrible. Nobody's going to talk about Ball's the way they talk about Jordan's/etc. "Hey man check out this sweet new pair of Balls that I got" lol.

Glad the Wiz finally took a game last night. I turned it on the second quarter and watched the rest of the laugher. I'm glad they finally kept up the momentum and never stopped hustling. I like what Oubre did to Olenyk, standing up for himself, but it's also playing into his hand at the same time. We need him on the bench, hope his suspension is short.
holy crap!!! they have 1 type of shoe and then they are selling sandels...im talking like those addidas type of sandals for $220....lol are you effing kidding:

https://bigballerbrand.com/collections/video

sandals...dude...sandals

He Gets Us