Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

2011 NFL Draft

Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 09:42 PM   #16
Bucket
Playmaker

Re: 2011 NFL Draft

I say we trade cooley for 2 picks to a team who needs a great TE.

I love cooley, but we need ot rebuild, and he's the only one on our team that has any value to him, and we can afford to lose becuase we have a great backup

Advertisements
Old 11-17-2010, 09:49 PM   #17
theJBexperience
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmanc711 View Post
Not that I'm thinking aobut the draft...but I'd love AJ Green.
I'd love to draft him too, but he said he's coming back to UGA for his senior year, said he owed it to the program and the fans, after the whole jersey scandal.
Old 11-17-2010, 09:50 PM   #18
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucket View Post
I say we trade cooley for 2 picks to a team who needs a great TE.

I love cooley, but we need ot rebuild, and he's the only one on our team that has any value to him, and we can afford to lose becuase we have a great backup
The only tradeable players that will get us picks will be Haynesworth, McNabb, and maybe...maybe Hall.
R.I.P. #21
Old 11-17-2010, 09:56 PM   #19
Hail to the Redskins
The Starter

What sucks is.... Everything the real talent evaluators are saying is that Andrew Luck is the best QB prespect in 25 years (Elway)...

I KNOW we need O-Line... but man It'd be nice for us to have our own Manning / Brady / Rivers / Roethlisberger / Ryan / Sanchez / Flacco / Bradford / Schaub / Stafford ... something we've NEVER had ....

a guy we draft and he becomes our franchise QB and face of the Redskins that is ours for 8-12 years.... just saying. Think the Bills will take McNabb and our 1st rounder for their pick? hahaha
Old 11-17-2010, 10:08 PM   #20
mlmdub130
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
The only tradeable players that will get us picks will be Haynesworth, McNabb, and maybe...maybe Hall.
you have got to be kidding me, who the hell would trade us anythhing for hanyesworth after his performance thus far? he has shown his true colors time and time again, someone whos has the ability, but lacks the discipline.

and what would we get for mcnabb, certainly not a 2nd

as far as tradeable players i would say landry and cooley would be atop the list but i would rather keep them and try and get young free agents and keep the core guys we have groomed

ST21
Old 11-17-2010, 10:11 PM   #21
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Landry? Andre Carter as a DE?
Old 11-17-2010, 10:14 PM   #22
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
Landry? Andre Carter as a DE?
We've been through this. Carter is not going to fetch any draft picks. Landry on the other hand is going no where. Let's ease up on the fantasy football people.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Old 11-17-2010, 10:15 PM   #23
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmdub130 View Post
you have got to be kidding me, who the hell would trade us anythhing for hanyesworth after his performance thus far? he has shown his true colors time and time again, someone whos has the ability, but lacks the discipline.

and what would we get for mcnabb, certainly not a 2nd

as far as tradeable players i would say landry and cooley would be atop the list but i would rather keep them and try and get young free agents and keep the core guys we have groomed
I'm sure the Texans and their non-existent pass rush would love to have him. Unfortunately this whole 3-4 debacle has made him cheap goods, so the team will have to settle for low compensation. I would rather see him get traded for a low round pick, rather than than to cut him.
R.I.P. #21
Old 11-17-2010, 10:16 PM   #24
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag359 View Post
We've been through this. Carter is not going to fetch any draft picks. Landry on the other hand is going no where. Let's ease up on the fantasy football people.
Agreed, which is why I said players that are tradeable and not some fantasy/Madden idea.
R.I.P. #21
Old 11-18-2010, 12:49 AM   #25
SouperMeister
Playmaker

I don't think we're quite out of it yet, but I always like to talk draft, and as usual, I'll say draft O-linemen early and often. Shanny has proven that he can win with pedestrian RBs once his O-line is solid.
Old 11-18-2010, 01:18 AM   #26
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by theJBexperience View Post
I'd love to draft him too, but he said he's coming back to UGA for his senior year, said he owed it to the program and the fans, after the whole jersey scandal.
I don't believe that. He doesn't owe them anything.

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
Old 11-18-2010, 03:30 AM   #27
tdSKINS1
Impact Rookie

AJ Green is so sick
#21 Never Forget
HOKIES!
Old 11-18-2010, 08:07 AM   #28
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Que?
I mean you said Chad's over the top rant and rave reflected your thoughts yet now you're saying keep the faith. Doesn't seem like someone would be saying keep the faith so shortly after saying give me my damn money back

As for the draft, I think they go DE in the first round (depending on where they draft) and I'm going to start touting Ponder in the 2nd round

As for WR, I'm curious to know what their plans for Austin are, I know they still have very high hopes for Kelly, and they'll certainly pursue Vincent Jackson

As for the OL, i think Capers and or Cook is elevated to the active roster. The big questions are on the right side-will Brown be healthy and will we hold onto him, and one that we have all forgotten about, is Big Mike Williams ready to come back and reclaim his starting RG job. All indications are that he may just be
Old 11-18-2010, 08:34 AM   #29
theJBexperience
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
I don't believe that. He doesn't owe them anything.
Green hasn’t made decision about future - University Of Georgia - Macon.com

I guess he said that in the past and is now uncertain.
Old 11-18-2010, 08:38 AM   #30
freddyg12
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I mean you said Chad's over the top rant and rave reflected your thoughts yet now you're saying keep the faith. Doesn't seem like someone would be saying keep the faith so shortly after saying give me my damn money back

As for the draft, I think they go DE in the first round (depending on where they draft) and I'm going to start touting Ponder in the 2nd round

As for WR, I'm curious to know what their plans for Austin are, I know they still have very high hopes for Kelly, and they'll certainly pursue Vincent Jackson

As for the OL, i think Capers and or Cook is elevated to the active roster. The big questions are on the right side-will Brown be healthy and will we hold onto him, and one that we have all forgotten about, is Big Mike Williams ready to come back and reclaim his starting RG job. All indications are that he may just be
Interesting, DE in first round. Think that's higher priority than nose? (assuming a good NT is there)
Closed Thread