Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Why I Hate Eagles More Than Cowboys

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 06-18-2004, 02:13 PM   #1
Sheriff Gonna Getcha
Franchise Player

Why I Hate Eagles More Than Cowboys

Random thoughts...I just wanted to share my hatred with others.

They booed Santa Claus at a game.

They cheered while Dallas WR Michael Irvin was lying motionless on the field with what turned out to be a career ending injury.

Since many fans are rowdy at games, Veterans Stadium built a holding cell and courtroom beneath the stadium to deal with arrested fans immediately.

Fans often shout insults at the opposing team's bus as it arrives at the stadium.

They booed the draft selection of QB Donovan McNabb. They now think he is one of the best QB's in the league.

They have a fight song called 'Fly Eagles Fly.'

When Washington Redskin unofficial mascot Chief Zee attended an Eagle home game at the Vet, the fans did not appreciate his taunting. They beat him badly enough that he suffered broken legs and they stripped him to his underwear (1983). In an effort to apologize, the Eagles invited him back the following year when he was accosted by an elderly female fan who threw a drink in his face and said 'You've got a lot of nerve coming up here! We mugged the guy who dressed like that last year! (1984).'

Eagles fans beat a guy unconscious in the restroom and then urinated on him just because he was wearing a Dolphins jacket.
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 06-18-2004, 02:20 PM   #2
SKINSnCANES
Pro Bowl

Well, you definitly just fueled my hatred for the Eagles fans. I still hate the Cowboys team more than the Eagles, but I definitly hate Eagles fans more. Ive actaully gotten along well with Cowboys fans at Skisn homegames. We would yell and argue but it was in good fun. Even at FedEx Eagles fans would always be the ones that owuld try to take it up a notch and start throwing shit.
Old 06-18-2004, 02:22 PM   #3
Gmanc711
Thank You, Sean.

Finally someone has said it. I have so much more hatered for the Eagles than I do the Cowboys, that it's sick. I've been a Redskin fan since 1993, and the Skins v Cowboys rivalry has been garbage, and really I have just hated the Cowboys, because I'm supposed too. The Eagles however, I hate. I hate their fans, I hate their team, I hate their city , I hate them.

ANYONE, I dont care what team they are associated with ( even the skins' ), anyone who beats up, mugs, or does anything to anyone other than some harmless taunting to a fan because they cheer the opposing squad, deserves to be tied up at the 50 yard line and just let all the players on the feild run into them as hard as they can.

Plus the Eagles have been the better team latley, and I hate the way some of them play ( Brian Dawkins ) and some of their stupid celebrations ( D.McNabb).

I agree with you Ramseyfan, I hate the Eagles.

Cowboy fans may be equally stupid and ignorant, but at least they dont go down to the physcial level of Eagles fans.
Gmanc711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 02:30 PM   #4
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

I too hate the Eagles more than the Cowboys. Our rivalry with the Cowboys is much more respectful. I don't know how to explain it really but Eagles' fans are so classless that it's hard to have any respect for a Redskins-Eagles rivalry.

Chief Zee is actually treated very well in Dallas because one of his best friends is the Cowboys mascot. They stay at each other's homes and hang out in the off-season
Old 06-18-2004, 02:30 PM   #5
cpayne5
Playmaker

The only game that Chief Zee does not go to anymore is the Eagles game in Philly. I talked to him once after a game and he was talking about how there are some fans in other cities that are unruly, but that the Eagles fans take the cake. They're just plain crazy, he said.
Old 06-18-2004, 02:37 PM   #6
PSUskinsfan11
Impact Rookie

THANK YOU RAMSEY FAN!!!!!! I couldn't agree with you more. I hate the eagles 10X more than the cowboys, even though my hate for the 'boys runs deep too. At my college about 80% of the people are from the Philly area and they love the Eagles so I had to take there shit all season last year. Both of my roomates were eagles fans so you know how that had to be, yet my picture of me and LaVar still hung proudly in my room!!!! During the NFC championship game i wore a Panthers Kerry Collins jersey that I had from the year he was drafted (only got it because he was a PSU allumni) and it tormented everyone in my dorm. Reguardless, I was a bit intoxicated and began to tell them that that was there last chance cause next year was OUR year. Luckly, Mr. Snyder helped bring in some people to back my mouth up and they all fear us this upcoming season. Also, on a side note, to show my hate for the Eagles, the first season we picked up Trotter I bought his jersey and wore my old school redskins "R" hat with the jersey while I walked down south street and through the King of Prussia Mall just to be a dick.
PSUskinsfan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 02:46 PM   #7
skinsfanthru&thru
Playmaker

my hatred for the cowboys, eagles and giants r all close to each other in strength but my hatred for the eagles and their fans has been on the rise the past few years. i detested michael irvin as a player and somewhat as a person but when the eagle fans cheered his injury that was disgusting. And booing santa claus? what's up with that? it's pretty pathetic how they can boo ____(pick a phili team) for nearly an entire game but if they win, they act like they were behind the team the entire time. I've really hated the giants fans since the game against the chargers where some of the fans were throwing snow/ice balls onto the field and the chargers sideline when one hit one of the coaches in the back of the head and knocked him out. the only time cowboy fans have really bothered me is when they open their mouths and start talking. they aren't so bad when they're quiet. some other teams whose fans r so annoying that i hate them r the jets and the duke blue devils.
skinsfanthru&thru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 03:21 PM   #8
Dave Butz Baby!
Special Teams

I agree with what everyone has said about Eagles fans and can completely understand your positions, but I'll never hate another team more than I hate the Cowboys. Ever.

It's the age difference and what you've seen has completely SUCKED, but a lot of you haven't seen the Cowboys rivalry at it's craziest and best, and it's the stuff that'll always make me hate the Cowboys the most...

1. RFK Stadium ROCKING. The entire structure would physically rock. The entire place chanting "We Want Dallas" the week before a home game with them, regular season or playoffs. The phrase "Dallas Week" used to mean EVERYTHING.

2. George Allen never called the them "the Dallas Cowboys". He always called them "the damn Dallas Cowboys".

3. In the late 70's, early 80's new Redskins were told by veteran players that in preparing to play the Cowboys, they were to pretend they were "going against the Iranians".

4. The trading of a black funeral wreath back and forth between Harvey Martin and the Redskins the week before that final regular season game in 1979. We went into the game tied with 10-5 record and the game would decide the NFC East title and playoff birth. We lost in the final seconds 35-34, finished 10-6 and were out of the playoffs. I still hate Tony Hill to this day.

And oh yeah, in the first game earlier that season, Pardee sent Moseley out to try a field goal with nine seconds left in regulation. We were already ahead by eleven at the time.

5. The '82 NFC Championship game. This was a bigger win than the Super Bowl that year to me (I was 11). My best friend growing up was a Cowboys fan and that win meant everything at that age! That's probably my all time favorite Redskins game.

Philly fans do suck. But in the end, I honestly don't care if we go 2-14 as long as we beat the Cowboys twice.
Old 06-18-2004, 03:33 PM   #9
cpayne5
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Butz Baby!
Philly fans do suck. But in the end, I honestly don't care if we go 2-14 as long as we beat the Cowboys twice.
Been saying that for years. Nothing is worse than losing to the cowboys.
Old 06-18-2004, 03:44 PM   #10
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

DBB, all the points you mentioned strongly point out why Redskins-Cowboys is a much stronger rivalry than Skins-Eagles. I remember back in the 1980s when the rivalry meant something. It was two teams usually battling for the top spot, setting everything aside and getting down to business on the field. But there was a certain level of respect from both sides. You know what I mean? I have a few friends who are hard core Cowboy fans and they used to get on me after a Cowboys win and I get on them after a Redskins win (few and far between) but with Eagles fans it's different. They have no respect and that's why I hate their team more

By the way, would you really be happier with 2-14 with two wins over the cowboys than 14-2 with two losses to the Cowboys? Remember several years back when the Redskins needed the Cowboys to beat the 49ers in the last game of the season to make the playoffs? I remember it being torturous (is that a word?) having to root for the Cowboys.
Old 06-18-2004, 03:54 PM   #11
cpayne5
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by smootsmack
By the way, would you really be happier with 2-14 with two wins over the cowboys than 14-2 with two losses to the Cowboys?

Old 06-18-2004, 03:58 PM   #12
Dave Butz Baby!
Special Teams

Smootsmack, I totally agree with your point. But I think you said the key word there... I have no respect for the Eagles or their fans, but my hatred for Dallas is unsurpassed.

Since you put me on the spot, I gotta stick to my guns and say "Yes!". I'd rather have two wins over the Cowboys at 2-14 than go 14-2 with two Cowboy losses.

I'll never forget the crap I caught from friends/Dallas fans the year they went 1-15. I had a few of them tell me that they wouldn't trade that win for any other.. even the Super Bowl. I can see their point.

Hehehe.. and yeah, "rooting" for the Cowboys is a painful experience!
Old 06-18-2004, 04:55 PM   #13
Hogskin
Impact Rookie

I just want to chime in with MY hatred. Anyone who was a fan during the 70's could NEVER hate ANY other team as much as those Cowboy B*stards. Those damned ugly STARS, and the term AMERICA's TEAM make me PUKE. I agree with everything that was said about the classless, slimeball, Philly fans. The fools even boo the hell out of their own team, for God's sake!!! They are losers. But that is the fans. Nothing can ever overtake the the Cowboys at the top of my sh*t list. The following names bring horrific thoughts:
Harvey Martin
Clint Longley
Danny "Crybaby" White
LANDRY!!
Tony Dorsett
Walt Garrison....... Walt Garrison???

Ahhhhhhh - just one thought of that play by Kenny Houston brings me back to beautiful, peaceful thoughts. And DaveButzBaby, thank you SO much for bringing back the memory of "WE WANT DALLAS" in the rocking RFK stands!!!! I sure miss those wonderful times at the stadium.
Hogskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 05:12 PM   #14
memphisskin
Impact Rookie

To me it has always been Dallas. I posted something about the rivalry no longer being the premier one in the NFL, and I don't think it is, but that's due more to the Skins being down than anything else. Most of my favorite games were the ones where we beat the Cowboys. The '93 game when we opened the season beating the defending champs 35-13. The '86 game when we beat them 41-14. And the '82 championship game when we beat the 'Boys to go to the Super Bowl was extra sweet. Even the worst losses, like the winless 'Boys team beating us in '89.

The beer is always better after we beat the Cowboys. And I'm looking for some good cold beer on Sept. 27 on MNF.
memphisskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 05:14 PM   #15
Hogskin
Impact Rookie

Since we are on this subject, I have to relate a story. It was 1992, and Kathi and I were in Atlantic City hosting our first NFSL Convention. My cousin and his wife (Barre and Carol - in their 40's/50's) were there. A few customers had arrived, and we were sitting around a table having a drink. I had warned one of the customers (John Ratti from Detroit) that she was one of the most emotional Redskin fans he would ever meet. Of course, he had just met all of us for the first time. He decided to bait her and made some comment about "America's Team". Well, Carol (who does not usually cuss), bolts to her feet in a rant. She started with something like "Those Sons of B*tches!!! Who decided those B*stards are AMERICA'S TEAM???" I don't remember all of her rant, which went on and on, but will never forget the scene. It was a RIOT, with John sitting there shocked not knowing what to say, and Carol red in the face in her rant. We laughed our asses off at that one. John is a regular at the conventions, but needless to say, he does not use that expression around Carol any more. LOL
Hogskin is offline   Reply With Quote