You did WHAT?!?

Re: Thank You Kirk Cousins Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Quite easy

Kirk who?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWT7K8kcKSk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuO5RdjKGyg

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-10-2018, 12:58 PM   #62
WillH
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensewins View Post
The NFL is a business. It is a $9billion dollar a year business. The owners get city and states to spend tax payer dollars to build the Stadiums for them. They strong arm and threaten their home city that they will move if they do not get a sweetheart deal. That is the "loyalty" the teams show.
Now you are upset that a player wants his freedom from the team that has owned his rights his entire 6 year working career? What is so wrong with a good player wanting to be a free agent after 6 years and finally getting the chance to test the open market? Good for Kirk.
Then follow him yo...NFL is becoming a players league with fantasy football. I'm still a team fan.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 03-10-2018, 02:02 PM   #63
Defensewins
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillH View Post
Then follow him yo...NFL is becoming a players league with fantasy football. I'm still a team fan.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I am a Redskins fan first.
But I can still enjoy watching really good players on other teams as long as they are not in the NFC East or playing the Redskins.
I remember as a kid rooting for the 70's Steelers against the Cowboys in the Superbowl or being amazed watching a young OJ Simpson run all over the other NFL teams.
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 02:17 PM   #64
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

https://kirkcousins.org/blogs/blog/t..._medium=social

Kirk's goodbye
Old 03-12-2018, 03:01 PM   #65
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Still seems a little bittersweet that it didn't work out w/ Cousins. It's going to be weird looking at him in another uniform next year.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 03:23 PM   #66
Schneed10
A Dude

His goodbye note is so well-written and I think very genuine. Leaving is no doubt what he wanted, but it doesn't mean he won't look back fondly at his years here.

But ultimately, while I take a moment to feel the goodbye, I return to looking forward. As would he.

Time for the Alex Smith era. I look forward to reading a heartfelt goodbye from him, hopefully five or more years down the line, and hopefully with a lot of success for him to reminisce about.
Old 03-12-2018, 03:26 PM   #67
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
His goodbye note is so well-written and I think very genuine. Leaving is no doubt what he wanted, but it doesn't mean he won't look back fondly at his years here.

But ultimately, while I take a moment to feel the goodbye, I return to looking forward. As would he.

Time for the Alex Smith era. I look forward to reading a heartfelt goodbye from him, hopefully five or more years down the line, and hopefully with a lot of success for him to reminisce about.
Absolutely, Kirk was the best QB I've ever seen wear a SKINS uniform, it sucks to see him go but as we have all said, bring on #11!!!
Old 03-12-2018, 03:53 PM   #68
Meks
Pro Bowl

good luck, Kirk.
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 10:44 PM   #69
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Have any of you seen your ex out with another dude? That's kind a how this feels. lol. This was a drafted guy who earned it the hard way. And even though I feel Cousins is partly to blame, it still feels strange. Right now I have zero attachment to Alex Smith. I'm sure that will change at some point. We all get some kind of attachment to our players. I think the worst for me was seeing Art Monk wear an Eagles uniform. That should have never ever happened. I want Kirk to do well but then there's part of me that wants him to fall flat on his face.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 06:31 AM   #70
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Vikings Wire/Rapoport reports two teams likely going to offer KC a fully guaranteed deal.

Report: At least 2 teams willing to give Cousins fully-guaranteed deal

I'm going to take a wild guess, it will be the Vikings and Jets, 3 years 90 mil fully guaranteed, and he will sign with the Vikings because they offer the best chance to win. That about wraps it up.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 06:36 AM   #71
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
My only problem is with the second line of the article. He makes it sound like we were the ones who decided to move on so he had no choice but to hit free agency. Like bro, who are you trying to fool at this point in the game?

Other than that, standard pc-talk for "thank god I'm leaving."

I thank him for the good times, and hopefully Alex Smith's success will make KC a distant memory, and I look forward to hopefully crushing KC next time we play him.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 08:28 AM   #72
#56fanatic
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Hard for me to be thankful for a guy who took up a lot of our cap space in the past two years with average results, and wanted to be paid like a QB who could carry the team on his back. Good effing riddance from me.

And yes yes, I know the team had some fault too, so no need to re-hash this.
average results? I don't believe that is accurate. Based on the numbers he was one of the top 3-5 QB's in the league during those 3 years. And if we had a D that could stop a team in the final 5 minutes of a game, some of those losses wouldn't have happened, and this wouldn't be a conversation.
#56fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 08:34 AM   #73
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
My only problem is with the second line of the article. He makes it sound like we were the ones who decided to move on so he had no choice but to hit free agency. Like bro, who are you trying to fool at this point in the game?

Other than that, standard pc-talk for "thank god I'm leaving."

I thank him for the good times, and hopefully Alex Smith's success will make KC a distant memory, and I look forward to hopefully crushing KC next time we play him.
Yeah He had to throw that in of course but overall I will miss #8 because he was one of our own, and he grew into a big time QB in D.C. O well though, as we have all said ON TO ALEX
Old 03-13-2018, 09:16 AM   #74
#56fanatic
The Starter

I find it crazy that this organization screwed up the chance to have a franchise QB that is hasn't had in 30 years. And to say Cousins was the issue is wearing burgundy and gold shades. The guy never complained, played under the tag two years, never questioned the front office openly, never questioned anything. They had a chance to put this guy under contract and sorry ass Bruce wanted to see more. So he put up big #'s again, but yet again it wasn't good enough - wanted to see more. Scott and Jay both wanted to wrap him up 3 years ago and to be honest, I'd trust anything Scott and Jay say regarding football talent over bruce 100 times out of 100. Then they offer him a crap contract and publicly go out to make Kirk (kurt) to be the bad guy by not accepting the deal. All the while all the NFL guys were saying to us on the outside it was a lot of money. But those in the NFL said it was an absolutely horrible contract, with actual less money in year 2 than one and less money than the transition tag money.

And this year was supposed to be his DOWN year. I truly believe that Bruce tried to field subpar talent at the skill WR position to ultimately use that again Kirk in negotiating his contract. hoping his #'s would be way down than the previous two, saying he doesn't deserve top dollar. but that ultimately failed - BIG TIME. This year - with the talentless WR position, the lack of a running game (again) and the constant shuffling of the Oline - kirk went out and played his best season (in my opinion).

who would want to sign a long term contract with an organization that hasn't believed in your since you went under center. an organization that stands in front of the public and tries to smear you as a person or only out for the money, an organization that takes 2 1000 yard receivers away from an offense in hopes of you putting up less than average numbers to use that against you in negotiations. Who was never satisfied with what you did on the field.
#56fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 09:18 AM   #75
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by #56fanatic View Post
I find it crazy that this organization screwed up the chance to have a franchise QB that is hasn't had in 30 years. And to say Cousins was the issue is wearing burgundy and gold shades. The guy never complained, played under the tag two years, never questioned the front office openly, never questioned anything. They had a chance to put this guy under contract and sorry ass Bruce wanted to see more. So he put up big #'s again, but yet again it wasn't good enough - wanted to see more. Scott and Jay both wanted to wrap him up 3 years ago and to be honest, I'd trust anything Scott and Jay say regarding football talent over bruce 100 times out of 100. Then they offer him a crap contract and publicly go out to make Kirk (kurt) to be the bad guy by not accepting the deal. All the while all the NFL guys were saying to us on the outside it was a lot of money. But those in the NFL said it was an absolutely horrible contract, with actual less money in year 2 than one and less money than the transition tag money.

And this year was supposed to be his DOWN year. I truly believe that Bruce tried to field subpar talent at the skill WR position to ultimately use that again Kirk in negotiating his contract. hoping his #'s would be way down than the previous two, saying he doesn't deserve top dollar. but that ultimately failed - BIG TIME. This year - with the talentless WR position, the lack of a running game (again) and the constant shuffling of the Oline - kirk went out and played his best season (in my opinion).

who would want to sign a long term contract with an organization that hasn't believed in your since you went under center. an organization that stands in front of the public and tries to smear you as a person or only out for the money, an organization that takes 2 1000 yard receivers away from an offense in hopes of you putting up less than average numbers to use that against you in negotiations. Who was never satisfied with what you did on the field.

I had said the same thing a few weeks back, some here laughed at that logic but I still believe the FO didn't commit to helping Kirk because Kirk didn't commit to them first.