Redskins don't plan on third straight franchise tag for Kirk Cousins

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 03-07-2018, 09:28 AM   #106
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Re: Redskins don't plan on third straight franchise tag for Kirk Cousins

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Of course there’s a luck element but you also have to be a good team, when was the last bad team that somehow lucked themselves into a SB win?
Just responding to Meks that's all. Luck, team chemistry and players playing and Coach's coaching all as one .

Advertisements
Old 03-07-2018, 09:36 AM   #107
Meks
Pro Bowl

Yes, it is emotional hatred of the team, coupled with me seeing most of their games this season first hand. Where I live they are the local team, it blows lol. But I have seen them get a way with so much shit last season, getting lucky constantly, against us, against everyone. Catching teams at the worst point or in the middle of falling out of their season, they had a cupcake schedule - not on paper i guess, but in real time, cupcakes all day. And I can't even begin to go in on the super bowl with the offensive player lined up in the neutral zone before the snap on the trick play TD, or the absolute BOGUS AS FUCK Clement catch (I had less problem or question with the Ertz one but still shady). I heard the NFL came out and said the Dez Bryant catch, which wasn't IMO, was actually a catch and they fucked up... BECAUSE of the SHIT SHOW that was that Clement "catch".... The saints finished the season hot as hell - and get beat by a miracle play in Minnesota? Bullshit. The saint vs eagles would have been a game, the vikings didnt even show up and Case Keenum wasn;t going to win them that game. The saints had a better shot at beating philly but got miracle'd out of it? Fucking horse shit! lol -- the eagles got lucky, they're not that good. If Wentz isn't the same qb after surgery, they wont be as good, either. Fuck them, and their bullshit season.
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 09:41 AM   #108
Meks
Pro Bowl

i agree tho, anonymously agree that they are not a bad team, and they are well coached, but, i think they were more lucky than not. And what Schneed said about the front 4 is very true, they can fuck up a game.
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Old 03-07-2018, 10:10 AM   #109
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

And their fans are just a basket of deplorables, too!
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 10:16 AM   #110
Meks
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
beyond true. The football IQ just isnt there for like 89% of them. I deal with them every sunday, old or young, they arent by far the smartest bunch. Including friends of mine.
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Old 03-07-2018, 10:19 AM   #111
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meks View Post
Yes, it is emotional hatred of the team, coupled with me seeing most of their games this season first hand. Where I live they are the local team, it blows lol. But I have seen them get a way with so much shit last season, getting lucky constantly, against us, against everyone. Catching teams at the worst point or in the middle of falling out of their season, they had a cupcake schedule - not on paper i guess, but in real time, cupcakes all day. And I can't even begin to go in on the super bowl with the offensive player lined up in the neutral zone before the snap on the trick play TD, or the absolute BOGUS AS FUCK Clement catch (I had less problem or question with the Ertz one but still shady). I heard the NFL came out and said the Dez Bryant catch, which wasn't IMO, was actually a catch and they fucked up... BECAUSE of the SHIT SHOW that was that Clement "catch".... The saints finished the season hot as hell - and get beat by a miracle play in Minnesota? Bullshit. The saint vs eagles would have been a game, the vikings didnt even show up and Case Keenum wasn;t going to win them that game. The saints had a better shot at beating philly but got miracle'd out of it? Fucking horse shit! lol -- the eagles got lucky, they're not that good. If Wentz isn't the same qb after surgery, they wont be as good, either. Fuck them, and their bullshit season.
Boy do I get it. Living here (I'm in the western burbs of Philly on the PA side) with all of these fans is pretty much unbearable. They vaulted to my most hated team this year, even ahead of Dallas, because their fans were so ungraceful about it. It's not enough for them to win, they have to shit on you and your team in the process too. It has made me so resentful of a couple of friends of mine in particular.

F Philly. I hope Wentz goes the route of RGIII and is never the same again on that knee. Wishful thinking but that's where my head is. That's what these assholes around here deserve.

Last edited by Schneed10; 03-07-2018 at 11:48 AM.
Schneed10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 10:20 AM   #112
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

The Eagles are a good team, why would anyone say otherwise? You don't win a SB being just lucky.
Old 03-07-2018, 10:24 AM   #113
MTK
\m/

Why is well coached sort of being tossed around as an indictment against them?
Old 03-07-2018, 10:31 AM   #114
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Why is well coached sort of being tossed around as an indictment against them?
I agree that doesn't make sense. Belichick is undoubtedly a huge reason why the Pats have stayed on top for so long. Pederson has been impressive - he has been more aggressive as a playcaller and was rewarded in 2017 for it.

I think they'll lose something with Reich and DeFilippo leaving. Hopefully something significant. That will tell us a lot - who drove the Eagles' offensive success, was it those two guys or was it more Doug P?

Either way though, having a strong coaching staff is a good thing. This just in.
Old 03-07-2018, 10:49 AM   #115
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meks View Post
I really cannot even begin to give credit to philly. I just can't. I do not think they're that good. I think they were very lucky down the stretch and, sadly, very well coached. That's it. And with a season of film on them now I expect a drop off and I hope I'm right.
C'mon. I hate them as much as anyone but they had a great team. Great teams can overcome their injuries and the Eagles did exactly that. Plus their free agent signings were spot on. Give credit where credit is due.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 10:55 AM   #116
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
D HALL speaking of our former QB that one guy number 8.

“We kind of felt like the commitment wasn’t there from Kirk,” Hall said, via the Washington Post. “We obviously wanted Kirk. We franchised him because we wanted him there. It was up to ownership and the front office to kind of work those numbers out. They couldn’t get the numbers worked out, so he signed franchise tags those two football seasons. Everybody in that locker room was behind Kirk, wanted him there, but we wanted to feel like he wanted to be there as well. Having played 14 years, I understand, ‘Let’s go get the money,’ but at some point there has to be mutual interest from both parties to want to get better collectively as a team. Paying Kirk probably the $30 million he’s going to get, we couldn’t do that and get better as a football team.”

“I felt like some of the offers that we heard about — just being players in the locker room, you kind of hear whispers,” Hall said. “Some of the offers we felt like we heard, we were like, ‘Man, that’s a good deal. Why wouldn’t Kirk take it?’ So, we kind of did a lot of talking among ourselves, and it was just a feel. He never said anything. He never walked around like, ‘Man, why am I here?’ It was never anything like that. Kirk, from the moment he got in that locker room, he was nothing but a professional. He went about his business.”
If you got Kirk in a room behind closed doors I bet he'd say it came down to a bruised ego. He didn't like that they rolled out the red carpet for RG3 but didn't give him the same kind of respect. He's the better player and didn't get that same treatment. I put myself in that same situation. How would I feel? How would you?
Old 03-07-2018, 10:56 AM   #117
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
Yeah they are but they also have a totally devoted fan base, like ours use to be.
Old 03-07-2018, 11:29 AM   #118
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
If you got Kirk in a room behind closed doors I bet he'd say it came down to a bruised ego. He didn't like that they rolled out the red carpet for RG3 but didn't give him the same kind of respect. He's the better player and didn't get that same treatment. I put myself in that same situation. How would I feel? How would you?
RG3 was the 2nd overall pick though, that's how it goes in sports. It's like having 10 guys at the park and you get 1st pick, you are more likely to choose the best player that you have seen to that date. RG3 was a far better player in college.
Old 03-07-2018, 11:31 AM   #119
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Ironically, Cousins is going to a team that is rolling out the red carpet for him and kicking the QB that got them to the playoffs to the curb.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 11:45 AM   #120
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Ironically, Cousins is going to a team that is rolling out the red carpet for him and kicking the QB that got them to the playoffs to the curb.
I think the whole bruised ego/disrespect angle is a bit overblown. Was he really walking around butt hurt the last 6 years? Was he really so hurt he gladly took $45M to keep playing here the last 2 years?

In the end it simply didn't work out, just like plenty of other situations that players/teams have all the time in sports.