Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Bleacher Report Interview with GMSM

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 04-12-2016, 10:19 PM   #1
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Bleacher Report Interview with GMSM

Scot McCloughan Q&A: The Philosophy and Tools of a Successful NFL GM | Bleacher Report

I'll be the first to admit I don't like BR much but since this is just an interview with Scot McC I don't care. JIC you haven't had your McC fix since he's been hired, here's another look inside the mind of the man I trust to fix our franchise.

Interesting tidbit from the transcript as well. Scherff missed only one offensive play last year, and it was because his shoe fell off. Apparently to this day he still yells at McC about it.

Advertisements
Old 04-13-2016, 12:12 AM   #2
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Re: Bleacher Report Interview with GMSM

Read it earlier on FB, he seems to know who he wants at #21, as long as he's there when they pick.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 01:21 PM   #3
calia
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Read it earlier on FB, he seems to know who he wants at #21, as long as he's there when they pick.
I love this quote re: Scherff:

He's not the most flashy guy, he's not the prettiest guy, but he's a football player, and that's what I'm talking about with a red. Now, he might be a blue in two years, three years. Who knows? But right now, he's a red. He's a core guy, and, all of sudden, guys walk in next year and see him, they'll be like, "OK, that's how we act. That's how we lift weights. That's how we condition. That's how we go to meetings. That's how we practice." Guys walk in, and they're scared of him. Trent Williams is scared of him, and he's a Pro Bowler. Trent said, "I don't want to mess with that guy." And [Scherff] is a rookie, but that's what starts building a culture. He's a red. You wait and see who we take at 21 in the draft this year. He's a red.
Old 04-13-2016, 05:53 PM   #4
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Listening to SM talk just puts a smile on my face. He gets it. He knows that free agency is basically for suckers. He's the type of guy that thinks that mid rounder is just as important as the 1st rounder. I could listen to him talk football all day and night.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 06:07 PM   #5
Defensewins
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by calia View Post

He's not the most flashy guy, he's not the prettiest guy, but he's a football player, and that's what I'm talking about with a red. Now, he might be a blue in two years, three years. Who knows? But right now, he's a red. He's a core guy, and, all of sudden, guys walk in next year and see him, they'll be like, "OK, that's how we act. That's how we lift weights. That's how we condition. That's how we go to meetings. That's how we practice." Guys walk in, and they're scared of him. Trent Williams is scared of him, and he's a Pro Bowler. Trent said, "I don't want to mess with that guy." And [Scherff] is a rookie, but that's what starts building a culture. He's a red. You wait and see who we take at 21 in the draft this year. He's a red.
Yes.
He is trying to build a solid team. That is all.
Not sell tickets with big name flashy players or win a popularity contests. That is why he gets it.
If you build a solid team and win games the rest - selling tickets and popularity will take care of itself. Just win. Winning cures everything!
I hope all of our draft picks this year are all boring, but they all become solid football players.
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 11:11 PM   #6
hutch17
Special Teams

Quote:

I think from this quote and what SM has said publicly, that this means he is staring straight at Center Ryan kelly from Alalabama.

Guy is tough, big, mean and from a big program who knows how to win. Plus he is a true leader, all the traits that SM is looking for. Oh yeah bonus he fills a position of need.
hutch17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 11:26 PM   #7
hutch17
Special Teams

Quote:

I think from this quote and what SM has said publicly, that this means he is staring straight at Center Ryan kelly from Alabama.

Guy is tough, big, mean and from a big program who knows how to win. Plus he is a true leader, all the traits that SM is looking for. Oh yeah bonus he fills a position of need.
hutch17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 06:24 AM   #8
30gut
Playmaker

I think Scott is one of the best GMs in the business.

Interesting article; imo it's basically fluff.

I mean of course he knows who he wants at 21 just as I'm sure he knows who he wants at every pick. Just as im sure they also have alternates by rank/grade they also have trade scenarios and have worked the phones to open preliminary lines of communication for trades.
30gut is offline   Reply With Quote