Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Bruce Allen Thinks Everyone Should Be Judged By Their Record?? Ok.

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 05-01-2018, 02:51 PM   #106
MTK
\m/

Re: Bruce Allen Thinks Everyone Should Be Judged By Their Record?? Ok.

It’s quite possibly a make or break year for Allen. Anything less than the playoffs will be a failure and changes could come

Advertisements
Old 05-01-2018, 04:03 PM   #107
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

When it comes to BA, it pretty much boils down to this.

He replaced Vinny Cerrato. Thus, he was an improvement over his predecessor.

However, as I have said before, replacing a giant, garbage pail full of stinking sh** with a smaller, less smelly pile of sh**, still leaves you with a pile of sh**.
Old 05-01-2018, 04:04 PM   #108
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Also, as someone else on twitter pointed out to me, the drafts actually started improving when Gruden came on board and started having a say in the draft board.
Old 05-01-2018, 04:12 PM   #109
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
Terrelle Pryor, Terrell McClain, Stacy McGree, Brian Quick, Junior Gallete (3 times!), Kendall Reyes, Duke Ihenacho, David Bruton, Jeron Johnson, Jason Hatcher, Brandon Meriweather .

It's great we don't over pay aging superstars anymore but the team doesn't have solid roster.

They chose not to pay Jackson or Garcon last year and it costs the team wins. That was a Bruce decision.

Bruce let Chris Baker go and Signed McGee and McLain, that was a huge failure last year as well. Those new guys got paid 10M(5 each) to be a speed bump last year.

Kendall Reyes...
The day after Reyes signing, Cooley did a film review of the guy and said that he doesn't belong in the league. I Blame Joe Berry( Reyes old coach in SD) but this is BA's responsibility.

Name a good signing and I'll give you 2 that did jack shit for the team.

The Redskins are going to finish 3rd in the division again but they will have the most salary cap space next year! WINNING!

Man I really hate BA and his bargain basement players and his bargain basement winning percentage.

Sorry for being a jerk. I'm going to step away from the keyboard.
We don't have the most salary cap space next year, not even close, but he has basically been building through the draft.

He's not an elite GM, and I doubt anyone would shed a tear if he leaves, BUT the Skins organization took giant leaps forward under his tenure, and DS has learned how to be an owner, not a fan. Maybe that was growing pains from Dan, but I tend to give BA a lot of credit for getting DS to back off and let football people do the heavy lifting.

This team is about to take off, in a good way. They invested too much emotion into the RG3/KC drama, but the rest of the team has been built up immensely. Now that we have a competent QB who wants to be here, I would be shocked if we aren't looking at 10+ wins the next 3 seasons, and longer.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 05:53 PM   #110
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Bruce Allen Thinks Everyone Should Be Judged By Their Record?? Ok.

I don’t know who is primarily responsible for the free agents and rookies we’ve brought in over the past few years.... jay, Kyle, Bruce, Eric, and Bruce all have roles. We don’t know for whose voice is loudest when it comes to making final decisions, but i feel like they’ve been doing a damn fine job.

The problems that we continue to have are from a PR/media relations perspective (and nasty leaks) and that falls on Bruce.

What I don’t want to see happen is for someone (Eric or Kyle) to leave and go somewhere else and for us to later find out that they had a bigger role than we realized in the teams success in player acquisitions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 08:02 PM   #111
jamf
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
... DS has learned how to be an owner, not a fan. Maybe that was growing pains from Dan, but I tend to give BA a lot of credit for getting DS to back off and let football people do the heavy lifting.
I hope you're right about the team improving and 3 years of 10+ wins.

Winning cures all, but...

Bruce Allen went to Tampa one season after they one the Superbowl and cut John Lynch and Warren Sapp right off the bat to save money, Sapp made 7 consecutive probowls and was healthy when cut.

Guess what he did in 5 seasons with a relatively young Superbowl team and a superstar head coach?
38-40!

With the Redskins:
55-73!

13 Seasons and only 4 Playoff appearances without a playoff win as the head guy(our 9-7 Division win was a total fluke but i'll take what I can get).

Bruce Allen is a loser!
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 08:11 PM   #112
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
I hope you're right about the team improving and 3 years of 10+ wins.

Winning cures all, but...

Bruce Allen went to Tampa one season after they one the Superbowl and cut John Lynch and Warren Sapp right off the bat to save money, Sapp made 7 consecutive probowls and was healthy when cut.

Guess what he did in 5 seasons with a relatively young Superbowl team and a superstar head coach?
38-40!

With the Redskins:
55-73!

13 Seasons and only 4 Playoff appearances without a playoff win as the head guy(our 9-7 Division win was a total fluke but i'll take what I can get).

Bruce Allen is a loser!
Its rarely one person's fault.

That said BA has several character flaws that have contributed heavily to the team's mediocrity, so if he goes fine. I hope that the organization's structure to get past DS's problems, or that he has matured as an owner so he doesnt need a VC or BA type middleman to run interference.

BA is just a better VC. Its still not the best football structure.
Old 05-01-2018, 08:34 PM   #113
Defensewins
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
He's not an elite GM, and I doubt anyone would shed a tear if he leaves, BUT the Skins organization took giant leaps forward under his tenure, and DS has learned how to be an owner, not a fan. Maybe that was growing pains from Dan, but I tend to give BA a lot of credit for getting DS to back off and let football people do the heavy lifting.
I disagree. DS backed off because at the end of the Cerrato era fans at the Redskins home games were wearing Shirts that dispareged Snyder. Fans were hanging banners at his Stadium blaming Snyder and embarrassing him publically. The fans for the first time in modern Redskins history were turning on the owner. I think that is when dumpster fire term was frequent on this site.
Do you remember that?
That is why he backed off.
Allen just happened to be the next guy.
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 08:42 PM   #114
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensewins View Post
I disagree. DS backed off because at the end of the Cerrato era fans at the Redskins home games were wearing Shirts that dispareged Snyder. Fans were hanging banners at his Stadium blaming Snyder and embarrassing him publically. The fans for the first time in modern Redskins history were turning on the owner. I think that is when dumpster fire term was frequent on this site.
Do you remember that?
That is why he backed off.
Allen just happened to be the next guy.
But i think BA has worked to keep DS weaned off the interference model.

Since i dont know the exact interactions i can't prove it, so until BA leaves and we see DS's next hire we will disagree about if or how much BAs presence has mitigated DS's negative tendencies
Old 05-01-2018, 11:08 PM   #115
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
When it comes to BA, it pretty much boils down to this.

He replaced Vinny Cerrato. Thus, he was an improvement over his predecessor.

However, as I have said before, replacing a giant, garbage pail full of stinking sh** with a smaller, less smelly pile of sh**, still leaves you with a pile of sh**.
Easily my favorite post of the month of May. You're in the clubhouse with the lead with 30 days to go.

Last edited by sdskinsfan2001; 05-02-2018 at 12:19 PM.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 09:24 AM   #116
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
I don’t know who is primarily responsible for the free agents and rookies we’ve brought in over the past few years.... jay, Kyle, Bruce, Eric, and Bruce all have roles. We don’t know for whose voice is loudest when it comes to making final decisions, but i feel like they’ve been doing a damn fine job.

The problems that we continue to have are from a PR/media relations perspective (and nasty leaks) and that falls on Bruce.

What I don’t want to see happen is for someone (Eric or Kyle) to leave and go somewhere else and for us to later find out that they had a bigger role than we realized in the teams success in player acquisitions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As much as I defend BA and the current FO, I agree 100% with this.
Old 05-02-2018, 09:38 AM   #117
metalskins
The Starter

Quote:
Also, as someone else on twitter pointed out to me, the drafts actually started improving when Gruden came on board and started having a say in the draft board.
I agree with this. I had posted the draft results dating back to 2009, which I think would be Bruce Allen's first full year as GM. While one could argue that Mike Shanahan had some say so in later drafts, the drafts weren't particularly that great looking back on it. Very few players from those drafts (pre-Gruden) are still with the team or even still playing at all. However, there seems to be much improvement with the last few drafts.

Knowing you're never going to hit on every single player, still, there are a couple drafts where one could easily say they deserve a big fat F.

One editorial I read (it was a Raiders editorial so take it for what it's worth) claimed that Allen hasn't been a part of the player personnel since 2015. I don't believe that, because obviously, Williams will tell you Bruce has still been heavily involved. If Allen has taken somewhat of a backseat, then I'm not sure we can say it's a coincidence that the drafts have been on an upward trajectory.
Old 05-02-2018, 06:50 PM   #118
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Snyder did not back off until RG3 failed. After he was beat out by Cousins, he still needed to be talked into starting Cousins by Scott and Jay. After that we pretty much haven't seen or heard a peep.from the guy. Nothing. I just find it so strange that the majority owner of an NFL team has not spoken to his fan base or the media in several years.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 07:43 PM   #119
DYoungJelly
The Starter

Quote:
Totally agree with you and metal.

This is a fantastic observation.

Our best drafts from top to bottom have been with Gruden.

I read he stood on the table for Ionnidas and did this year for the 7th round receiver.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Old 05-02-2018, 08:49 PM   #120
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DYoungJelly View Post
Totally agree with you and metal.

This is a fantastic observation.

Our best drafts from top to bottom have been with Gruden.

I read he stood on the table for Ionnidas and did this year for the 7th round receiver.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
That was just because he wanted more pizza