Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Washington Football > Locker Room Main Forum

WFT Free Agency

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: Grade WFT's free agency haul so far (Fitz, Samuel, Jackson)
A 28 48.28%
B 26 44.83%
C 3 5.17%
D 1 1.72%
F 0 0%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-12-2021, 12:40 PM   #361
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Re: WFT Free Agency

Yes, we should have learned that lesson with Kirk.

If someone accepts playing on a SECOND tag, they're playing you for the money and n ot interested in sticking around long term.

Advertisements
Old 04-12-2021, 01:12 PM   #362
Chief X_Phackter
Playmaker

It could also be that the team has decided that they are not willing to pay him long-term, but since they have the cap space, they want to guarantee that they retain his services for one more year while they continue to build a competitive roster.

No one really knows what's going on behind the scenes, we can all just speculate. Like I've said before though, I'm just glad he'll be holding down that right side for at least one more year.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 01:19 PM   #363
Pervis_Griffith
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
It could also be that the team has decided that they are not willing to pay him long-term, but since they have the cap space, they want to guarantee that they retain his services for one more year while they continue to build a competitive roster.

No one really knows what's going on behind the scenes, we can all just speculate. Like I've said before though, I'm just glad he'll be holding down that right side for at least one more year.

This is where I am in this process.

I am glad we have him for one more year, and hope it can work out long term .....

.... but honestly I don't want to over-invest in any guard on our roster. Spend that money on Tackle, or D-Line, or future QB. Find serviceable, competent Guards to play between a "very good" Center, and "very good" to "outstanding" Tackles.
Pervis_Griffith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 08:28 AM   #364
AnonEmouse
The Starter

Scalper, when you say 4 respectable C's, do you mean Center or CB? I can only see 3 C's on the WFT roster?
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 10:16 AM   #365
Chief X_Phackter
Playmaker

Maybe he's including Beau Benzschawel, who was claimed off waivers yesterday. He has been mostly a Guard though, and he has only appeared in 3 NFL games in 2 years. They must be thinking John Matsko can get the best out of him. Who knows, maybe...

Chase Roullier, Tyler Larsen, and Keith Ismael are the only true Centers currently on the depth chart.
Old 04-14-2021, 10:33 AM   #366
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

KJ Wright would be a solid fit, Kwon Alexander also
Old 04-14-2021, 10:59 AM   #367
EdmundDorf
Impact Rookie

Personally I would only class Roullier as "respectable" as in a veteran starter. The other guys basically haven't played a down outside of ST. Hard to class them as respectable.
EdmundDorf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 11:00 AM   #368
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Maybe I missed this posted, but Keim has stated the Skins do have interest in LT Villanueva from the Steelers and could be more interest post draft if he donít take a tackle high in the draft.

I would be in favor of this move if we donít come away with one in the draft

Letís go Brandon!
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 11:04 AM   #369
GridIron26
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
KJ Wright would be a solid fit, Kwon Alexander also
Agreed.. I wonder how far Alexander is in his Achilles recovery progress at this time tho. I think it's likely we will wait until after the draft to sign any players that could become starters.
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 12:19 PM   #370
simbosargos75
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
Maybe he's including Beau Benzschawel, who was claimed off waivers yesterday. He has been mostly a Guard though, and he has only appeared in 3 NFL games in 2 years. They must be thinking John Matsko can get the best out of him. Who knows, maybe...

Chase Roullier, Tyler Larsen, and Keith Ismael are the only true Centers currently on the depth chart.
I really really hope Beau can help. I doubt it, but I really hope so. I've known him since he was 5 years old or so. His youngest brother is friends with my daughter. It would make me incredibly happy to see him succeed, but I really doubt it. He is beat up bad physically.

--On Wisconsin
simbosargos75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 12:36 PM   #371
AnonEmouse
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Maybe I missed this posted, but Keim has stated the Skins do have interest in LT Villanueva from the Steelers and could be more interest post draft if he donít take a tackle high in the draft.

I would be in favour of this move if we donít come away with one in the draft
Maybe add Fisher and Schwartz to that list. Though neither look healthy right now, I'd kick the tyres if we don't get a new LT in the draft.
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 01:21 PM   #372
Chief X_Phackter
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post

I would be in favor of this move if we donít come away with one in the draft
Villanueva would be a solid addition, whether they draft a T or not. He's not Trent Williams, but about the same age and damn good. He definitely has a few more years left in him. I might be mistaken, but I don't think he's missed a game due to injury since he's been in the NFL ~2014-15.
Old 04-14-2021, 01:25 PM   #373
Pervis_Griffith
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by simbosargos75 View Post
I really really hope Beau can help. I doubt it, but I really hope so. I've known him since he was 5 years old or so. His youngest brother is friends with my daughter. It would make me incredibly happy to see him succeed, but I really doubt it. He is beat up bad physically.

That's cool ... and brutally honest.

Obviously, RR and Co see enough to bring him in. Hopefully they can bring the best out of him.
Old 04-14-2021, 02:05 PM   #374
simbosargos75
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pervis_Griffith View Post
That's cool ... and brutally honest.

Obviously, RR and Co see enough to bring him in. Hopefully they can bring the best out of him.
Yeah, his younger brother had to retire in college due to knee issues. His youngest brother will be a freshman at Wisconsin in the fall and has had some injury problems as well. His dad also played at Wisconsin and had to retire (while in college) due to back issues.

They are just huge people and have all the pain associated with being huge.

Tremendous people though by all accounts, so even if Beau isn't playing he'll be a huge plus in the locker room.

--On Wisconsin
simbosargos75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 03:09 PM   #375
Pervis_Griffith
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by simbosargos75 View Post
Yeah, his younger brother had to retire in college due to knee issues. His youngest brother will be a freshman at Wisconsin in the fall and has had some injury problems as well. His dad also played at Wisconsin and had to retire (while in college) due to back issues.

They are just huge people and have all the pain associated with being huge.

Tremendous people though by all accounts, so even if Beau isn't playing he'll be a huge plus in the locker room.

This is a big part of RR's transformation of the Skins, and is underrated in it's importance.