Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Post Dumpster Fire...er Skins vs. Saints Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: Biggest goat from the Saints debacle?
Coaches 29 76.32%
Alex Smith 3 7.89%
Offensive line 2 5.26%
Secondary 4 10.53%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-10-2018, 09:19 PM   #196
DYoungJelly
The Starter

Re: Post Dumpster Fire...er Skins vs. Saints Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
I think its absolutely a bad omen that after a bye week Alex Smith has a game like that versus a bad secondary. There is no fucking excuse for that performance.

Horrific doesn't do it justice.

It puts the thought in my head...Another fucking garbage QB move from Bruce and Dan.
Not just a bad secondary; they were the worst in the league in passing D on Football Outsiders before they played us.

They are still 31st:https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamdef

I really don't think Jay makes it till next year unless they right the ship convincingly by season's end.

Advertisements
Old 10-10-2018, 09:30 PM   #197
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5superbowls3wins View Post
Put in McCoy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Put in McCoy, sign Dez, if roster building is your expertise I thank the football gods you aren't our GM.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 09:33 PM   #198
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
I think its absolutely a bad omen that after a bye week Alex Smith has a game like that versus a bad secondary. There is no fucking excuse for that performance.

Horrific doesn't do it justice.

It puts the thought in my head...Another fucking garbage QB move from Bruce and Dan.
Bad playcalling led to some of those, guys not getting open either. Not all was on him but yes he played a bad game overall. I think we can say the whole damn team did
Old 10-11-2018, 03:26 AM   #199
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Bad playcalling led to some of those, guys not getting open either. Not all was on him but yes he played a bad game overall. I think we can say the whole damn team did
Hopkins didn't ...

Envoyé de mon SM-J320FN en utilisant Tapatalk
Old 10-11-2018, 08:35 AM   #200
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Another telling stat.

With Sean Mcvay calling plays we had a top 10 Offense

Since he has left and Jay is calling plays.

16th and 21st (2017, 2018).

20 PPG.
Old 10-11-2018, 08:43 AM   #201
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

What happens if we get blown out by Carolina at home?
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 09:03 AM   #202
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
Then most likely things will start to steam roll downhill with losses. I think we win this game because guys will be playing with pride and effort. Our Defense will be better too, the panthers don't have Brees and those weapons in a dome.
Old 10-11-2018, 09:11 AM   #203
GridIron26
Playmaker

For those people who are calling Redskins FO to fire Gruden, read this: https://www.hogshaven.com/2018/10/10...ing-jay-gruden

Please don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to defend Gruden. Gruden said it perfectly after the game, the game result reflects Gruden and coaches' inadequate preparation. Gruden never prepare team well for games played nationally. Firing Gruden is easy way to go but like the article explains, it doesn't always result in positive change in future. Also, we need to consider the fact that Alex Smith fits in Gruden's style well; if we fire Gruden then we likely would need to find new QB. Yes, Alex played shitty last Monday but the fact is we still have 12 more games to go. Cousins always played well in meaningless games and choked in big games. Alex so far have shown us that he can play well or shitty in meaningless games, we haven't seen how he handles big games.. Also, it doesn't look like we will have opportunity to draft top-ranked QBs next year. This would mean we might need to trade up to draft QB if we fire Gruden and hires a coach who wants his own QB.. The trade up in draft for RG3 strategy didn't work out well for us, and there is no guarantee that it will work for us this time. Let's say we fire Gruden, hire new coach and he wants new QB so we trade up for a QB, giving up two 1st round picks (maybe more than that). We eventually realize the QB we drafted is a bust. This means we are fucked for next few years.

I really wish we tried harder to keep McVay. I know McVay took over NFL by surprise and he got into right situation where the team generally had players McVay could utilize well. But still, based on stories I have read about McVay, it surprises me how Redskins didn't do everything they could to keep McVay on the team.
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 09:29 AM   #204
skinsfan69
Living Legend

So I was listening to 106.7 yesterday. And I forgot who the guest was but he had this source who he swore by. But this person was mentioning that the reason we didn't re up w/ doing practices w/ New England was that their staff or Belichick felt the Redskins were not prepared to practice with them. The Redskins were not ready to practice for training camp on their level.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 09:35 AM   #205
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

I was fortunate to live through the George Allen and Joe Gibbs I years. I know what a winning HC looks like. I know what going into every game certain that our team will play hard and knowing that they can beat any opponent feels like. This is not it.

Whether or not Jay Gruden lasts the entire season means nothing to me but his contract must not be extended beyond this season. We should all know who he is by now. He is the most mediocre of all mediocre NFL head coaches. We will never get to the Super Bowl with him at the helm.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 09:37 AM   #206
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by GridIron26 View Post
For those people who are calling Redskins FO to fire Gruden, read this: https://www.hogshaven.com/2018/10/10...ing-jay-gruden

Please don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to defend Gruden. Gruden said it perfectly after the game, the game result reflects Gruden and coaches' inadequate preparation. Gruden never prepare team well for games played nationally. Firing Gruden is easy way to go but like the article explains, it doesn't always result in positive change in future. Also, we need to consider the fact that Alex Smith fits in Gruden's style well; if we fire Gruden then we likely would need to find new QB. Yes, Alex played shitty last Monday but the fact is we still have 12 more games to go. Cousins always played well in meaningless games and choked in big games. Alex so far have shown us that he can play well or shitty in meaningless games, we haven't seen how he handles big games.. Also, it doesn't look like we will have opportunity to draft top-ranked QBs next year. This would mean we might need to trade up to draft QB if we fire Gruden and hires a coach who wants his own QB.. The trade up in draft for RG3 strategy didn't work out well for us, and there is no guarantee that it will work for us this time. Let's say we fire Gruden, hire new coach and he wants new QB so we trade up for a QB, giving up two 1st round picks (maybe more than that). We eventually realize the QB we drafted is a bust. This means we are fucked for next few years.

I really wish we tried harder to keep McVay. I know McVay took over NFL by surprise and he got into right situation where the team generally had players McVay could utilize well. But still, based on stories I have read about McVay, it surprises me how Redskins didn't do everything they could to keep McVay on the team.
Gridiron in this post, who are the decisions makers? That's your answer.
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 10:15 AM   #207
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Washington has one of the worst home field advantages in the NFL. They have also been beat 5 consecutive times by the Panthers three times away and twice at home. If Washington wants to make the playoffs they need to live by the old adage to making the playoffs: Take care of business at home and split on the road. I just don't see it happening.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 10:16 AM   #208
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
I was fortunate to live through the George Allen and Joe Gibbs I years. I know what a winning HC looks like. I know what going into every game certain that our team will play hard and knowing that they can beat any opponent feels like. This is not it.

Whether or not Jay Gruden lasts the entire season means nothing to me but his contract must not be extended beyond this season. We should all know who he is by now. He is the most mediocre of all mediocre NFL head coaches. We will never get to the Super Bowl with him at the helm.
Snyder will probably never fire a coach mid season again. That never works anyway.

Also I can't believe it but we're in 1st place in the NFC Least.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 11:24 AM   #209
5superbowls3wins
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
So I was listening to 106.7 yesterday. And I forgot who the guest was but he had this source who he swore by. But this person was mentioning that the reason we didn't re up w/ doing practices w/ New England was that their staff or Belichick felt the Redskins were not prepared to practice with them. The Redskins were not ready to practice for training camp on their level.

Maybe that explains all the injuries. Maybe they’re not in football shape

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
5superbowls3wins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 04:55 PM   #210
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Another telling stat.

With Sean Mcvay calling plays we had a top 10 Offense

Since he has left and Jay is calling plays.

16th and 21st (2017, 2018).

20 PPG.

If you can talk about McVay I can talk about Cousins. Lol
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote