Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Attending Redskins @ Bills 11/3!

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 07-27-2019, 06:38 PM   #1
los panda
Pro Bowl

Attending Redskins @ Bills 11/3!

My buddy who lives in the heart of Cowboy Country flew out here to go to the Redskins @ Rams game with me two years ago. We didn't attend any games last year but recently decided that we should make it an annual tradition, to catch at least one Redskins game together.

This year it'll be in Buffalo. We have a mutual friend from high school in MD who now lives outside Buffalo near his extended family (all Bills fans). They have club level season tickets, an RV with parking pass, and just scored additional club level tickets for us.

I am super excited! Not only for this game, but for future years as well. Our families in MD live about 30 minutes from FedExField and my buddy lives about 30 minutes from AT&T Stadium. Redskins home games and Redskins @ Cowboys will always be reliable options for us, or we can venture to other cities like we're doing this year.

Anyone else have any fun traditions with friends or family? HTTR!!!

Advertisements
Old 07-27-2019, 07:57 PM   #2
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Re: Attending Redskins @ Bills 11/3!

Quote:
Originally Posted by los panda View Post
My buddy who lives in the heart of Cowboy Country flew out here to go to the Redskins @ Rams game with me two years ago. We didn't attend any games last year but recently decided that we should make it an annual tradition, to catch at least one Redskins game together.

This year it'll be in Buffalo. We have a mutual friend from high school in MD who now lives outside Buffalo near his extended family (all Bills fans). They have club level season tickets, an RV with parking pass, and just scored additional club level tickets for us.

I am super excited! Not only for this game, but for future years as well. Our families in MD live about 30 minutes from FedExField and my buddy lives about 30 minutes from AT&T Stadium. Redskins home games and Redskins @ Cowboys will always be reliable options for us, or we can venture to other cities like we're doing this year.

Sounds great man! That's what sport is about! Sharing with people that matters... and others that you don't know!

Enjoy! I had a blast for my first game in the US last year, and I actually liked FedEx field, allows you to be really close to the field, so I definitely plan on doing that again when my bank account is up to the task ^^

HTTR !
Old 07-27-2019, 08:35 PM   #3
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Hope that is early enough in November that the cold weather and snow haven't hit yet.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 07:21 AM   #4
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:

That is a great idea for a tradition. How much fun is this season's trip going to be with the RV (Tailgate!) and the club level tickets? It sounds like a wonderful memory in the making. I hope you have a blast!
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 10:25 AM   #5
los panda
Pro Bowl

Thanks guys, I'm really looking forward to it.

I'll also be able to cross something off my bucket list: eating buffalo wings at the Anchor Bar as well as Duff's. Both have been alleged to be the birthplace of the buffalo wing. Buffalo wings are my favorite food, hands down, not even close.
Old 07-28-2019, 11:10 AM   #6
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

I'll be there Panda. Wear a hoodie and sweats
Old 07-28-2019, 07:10 PM   #7
los panda
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
I'll be there Panda. Wear a hoodie and sweats
Are you really going?

Sent from a payphone using Tapatalk
Old 07-28-2019, 08:34 PM   #8
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Are you really going?

yeah my buddy has season tix to the Bills
Old 07-28-2019, 08:35 PM   #9
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
Hope that is early enough in November that the cold weather and snow haven't hit yet.
It's very possible for snow here by Halloween
Old 07-29-2019, 07:44 PM   #10
los panda
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
yeah my buddy has season tix to the Bills
That's awesome, man!

Old 07-29-2019, 08:06 PM   #11
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:

As for the fun tradition you asked about, living in France does create some weird traditions amongst diehard football fan.
The most obvious one is staying up all night to watch games.
The SuperBowl often is an occasion to get together, either at a friend's place, in a "specialized" pub or in a bar rented by a local football team, to share your unconventional passion both with real fans willing to wait 2am on a Sunday night (technically Monday morning) to watch Football, and with new people that get to discover American Football that way.

But during the season it's also fun to do the same thing with real diehard fans (last year I found a NFL pub in Paris, I occasionally meet American on holidays or business trip that are more than happy to find a place to watch games) ... or even alone, I'll occasionally stay up if I don't work the following day to watch a prime time Redskins game with my headset on (1pm and 4pm games respectively start at 7pm and 10pm for me so they're easier to watch live) trying not to wake the wife up with my muffled shouting.

Now, the said wife starting working in Tokyo last month. So I'm roughly spending a quarter of my time in Japan.
I've already been to a couple of games over there, (Japanese "Ame-Futo" is actually great, surprisingly high quality football displayed, highly entertaining!), and made a friend in the stands, I'll be curious to see if I find anybody willing to watch live NFL games despite the 13 hours time difference ^^
If so, that'll sure make some nice football tradition: how about a 5 am (4pm) or 9am (8pm) football game with some coffee and pancake in a Tokyo pub ?
Old 07-30-2019, 02:36 PM   #12
los panda
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
As for the fun tradition you asked about, living in France does create some weird traditions amongst diehard football fan.
The most obvious one is staying up all night to watch games.
The SuperBowl often is an occasion to get together, either at a friend's place, in a "specialized" pub or in a bar rented by a local football team, to share your unconventional passion both with real fans willing to wait 2am on a Sunday night (technically Monday morning) to watch Football, and with new people that get to discover American Football that way.

But during the season it's also fun to do the same thing with real diehard fans (last year I found a NFL pub in Paris, I occasionally meet American on holidays or business trip that are more than happy to find a place to watch games) ... or even alone, I'll occasionally stay up if I don't work the following day to watch a prime time Redskins game with my headset on (1pm and 4pm games respectively start at 7pm and 10pm for me so they're easier to watch live) trying not to wake the wife up with my muffled shouting.

Now, the said wife starting working in Tokyo last month. So I'm roughly spending a quarter of my time in Japan.
I've already been to a couple of games over there, (Japanese "Ame-Futo" is actually great, surprisingly high quality football displayed, highly entertaining!), and made a friend in the stands, I'll be curious to see if I find anybody willing to watch live NFL games despite the 13 hours time difference ^^
If so, that'll sure make some nice football tradition: how about a 5 am (4pm) or 9am (8pm) football game with some coffee and pancake in a Tokyo pub ?
That's what it's all about. So happy to hear this.

Does your wife have any interest? My wife tries to humor me but I can tell it's like watching paint dry for her. Hopefully my daughter will like to watch with me
Old 07-30-2019, 02:46 PM   #13
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
That's what it's all about. So happy to hear this.

Does your wife have any interest? My wife tries to humor me but I can tell it's like watching paint dry for her. Hopefully my daughter will like to watch with me
Haha honestly no. We went to the painful London tied game a couple of years ago, she definitely enjoyed the show, plus she's really nice so she's happy to see me excited and all... (ok that came out weird but I'll leave it as it is ^^) But the first time she was able to follow the ball during the whole play was like late in the 3rd quarter...

Sometimes I'd get her to watch an exciting play, but she'll watch as a diplomatic move : "Ok I'll watch it because you accepted to watch 2 minutes of make up video the other day" ...

Maybe you can get your daughter to play? :-D Women football is a real thing now in the US, isn't ? In France it's developing surprisingly fast when you take into consideration what Men US Football is over here...