Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Should we be drafting Tua???

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: Should the Redskins take Tua #2 overall?
Yes 7 15.56%
No 38 84.44%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-28-2020, 10:40 AM   #31
skinsfanmdc
Camp Scrub

Re: Should we be drafting Tua???

Who listens to Mel Kiper lol. He sad Jimmy Clausen was the most NFL ready QB when entering the draft. Or Jamarcus Russel is the next Elway. If your a football fan listen the scouts and players that actually played because they are making the most sense right now lol. Like Charlie Casserly said to the junkies "we have a couple of months of people who are talking about what they don't know about".
Mel Kiper wrong Predictions
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiL-yTNa6QY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7J9w6gXxZA

Last edited by skinsfanmdc; 02-28-2020 at 12:26 PM.
skinsfanmdc is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 02-28-2020, 11:36 AM   #32
MTK
\m/

Nobody has a perfect record when predicting the draft. I wouldn't just completely disregard what Kiper says.
Old 02-28-2020, 11:37 AM   #33
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Mcshay says "I Know for a fact Miami wants Joe Burrow and could try a trade to #1"

That would be crazy
Old 02-28-2020, 11:44 AM   #34
MTK
\m/

If Tua didn't have the hip injury this would be a much more interesting conversation. I think he would be in the convo for #1 overall too.

If we didn't take Haskins last year I think Tua would be worth the risk. But unless you think Haskins is a more than likely bust this is a silly discussion.
Old 02-28-2020, 12:08 PM   #35
SunnySide
Playmaker

Most Accurate 2019 NFL Mock Draft: Kiper, McShay, Miller or Jeremiah?

Most correct picks, most correct slot-and-team picks and biggest whiffs.

Updated on April 26, 2019 at 11:58 AM EDT

Todd McShay and Daniel Jeremiah hit on nine of 32 first-round picks in their final NFL mock drafts, the best among the four most prominent draft analysts.

Both McShay and Jeremiah nailed the first three picks -- Kyler Murray, Nick Bosa and Quinnen Williams -- as did Mel Kiper Jr. Bleacher Report's Matt Miller, meanwhile, hit on Murray and Bosa but projected the New York Jets would select Ed Oliver instead of Williams.

Draft analyst comparison by draft slot only (for example, McShay mocked Devin Bush to the Denver Broncos at No. 10, and while the Pittsburgh Steelers selected Bush at No. 10, McShay still gets credit for hitting on Bush at No. 10):

McShay: 9 correct picks
Jeremiah: 9
Miller: 8
Kiper: 7

Draft slot and team (e.g. Murray and the Cardinals at No. 1):

McShay: 8
Jeremiah: 8
Miller: 6
Kiper: 6

PODCAST: Kiper on 2nd-Round Talent, Day 3 WRs

Team (e.g. credit for Daniel Jones to the Giants at No. 17):

Jeremiah: 9
McShay: 8
Kiper: 7
Miller: 6

First-rounders (number of their picks who went in the first round regardless of draft position):

McShay: 25
Jeremiah: 25
Kiper: 25
Miller: 24

https://herosports.com/nfl-draft/acc...-jeremiah-ahah

Should we do a combine/NFL draft thread? is there one that im not seeing?
Old 02-28-2020, 01:10 PM   #36
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

It seems every year at this time people get amnesia regarding the high pick draft busts of years gone by. All media hype runs rampant these days, generational talents are a dime a dozen in all major sports drafts and the weatherman claims we have a storm of the century every week.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 01:35 PM   #37
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
If Tua didn't have the hip injury this would be a much more interesting conversation. I think he would be in the convo for #1 overall too.

If we didn't take Haskins last year I think Tua would be worth the risk. But unless you think Haskins is a more than likely bust this is a silly discussion.
He's had a couple other nagging injuries too. He's already injury prone and hasn't taken an NFL snap.

IMO Tua is hands down better than Haskins. He has the potential to be an elite thrower/passer. On top of that there are no maturity issues or questionable things with work ethic or leadership. He just has the "it" factor. But we just can't take the risk on him.

As for Young, he's also most likely going to be a great player. But you need a great QB in order to try and compete for a championship, not a great DE. The difference in the SB was KC has one and SF didn't. So I always feel if you have a chance to upgrade at QB you have to take that chance.

The teams with the elite QB will always have a shot at winning a SB. The ones that don't have no chance.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 03:06 PM   #38
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
He's had a couple other nagging injuries too. He's already injury prone and hasn't taken an NFL snap.

IMO Tua is hands down better than Haskins. He has the potential to be an elite thrower/passer. On top of that there are no maturity issues or questionable things with work ethic or leadership. He just has the "it" factor. But we just can't take the risk on him.

As for Young, he's also most likely going to be a great player. But you need a great QB in order to try and compete for a championship, not a great DE. The difference in the SB was KC has one and SF didn't. So I always feel if you have a chance to upgrade at QB you have to take that chance.

The teams with the elite QB will always have a shot at winning a SB. The ones that don't have no chance.

Well said. If the team does not think Haskins is likely to ever be elite, but believes Tua can be, this is a no brainer - you draft Tua.

So far, to me, Haskins seems destined to be a middling QB. Not elite, not bad, but a serviceable starter. You don’t pass up on an elite QB because you have one that’s just OK.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 03:08 PM   #39
Redskins247
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post

This is how I feel as well. If Young becomes the next Lawrence Taylor, and Haskins can be as good as Phil Simms...then maybe we have a shot at making it work like Giants did back then. But Kerrigan it seems will still be here, so the cubbard is not bare at DE at all...but there's still a big ? at the most important position on the field and we have a draft pick that can give us a potential upgrade. Just because Haskins looked better towards the end of the season, is certainly no guarantee it will continue...everyone said the same thing about Trubisky after the 2018 season...how do Bears fans feel now?
Redskins247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 03:48 PM   #40
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

This is from cbssports.com most recent mock draft. I feel a little naughty for posting this.

NFL MOCK DRAFT ROUND 1

Round 1 - Pick 1

Joe Burrow QB
LSU • SR • 6'4" / 221 LBS
PROJECTED TEAM
Cincinnati
PROSPECT RNK
2nd
POSITION RNK
1st
Joe Burrow silenced any concerns that he would refuse to play for Cincinnati. It was the only obstacle remaining before the two parties came together.

Round 1 - Pick 2

Tua Tagovailoa QB
ALABAMA • JR • 6'0" / 217 LBS
PROJECTED TEAM
Washington
PROSPECT RNK
3rd
POSITION RNK
1st

If the NFL Draft were a straight forward venture then there would be no need for mock drafts. A year ago, the Cardinals selected Kyler Murray one year after drafting Josh Rosen in the top 10. If Washington comes to the conclusion that Tagovailoa is a better long-term option than Dwayne Haskins, why would they not take him and then deal Haskins for additional draft capital?
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 03:55 PM   #41
Number44
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
This is from cbssports.com most recent mock draft. I feel a little naughty for posting this.

NFL MOCK DRAFT ROUND 1

Round 1 - Pick 1

Joe Burrow QB
LSU • SR • 6'4" / 221 LBS
PROJECTED TEAM
Cincinnati
PROSPECT RNK
2nd
POSITION RNK
1st
Joe Burrow silenced any concerns that he would refuse to play for Cincinnati. It was the only obstacle remaining before the two parties came together.

Round 1 - Pick 2

Tua Tagovailoa QB
ALABAMA • JR • 6'0" / 217 LBS
PROJECTED TEAM
Washington
PROSPECT RNK
3rd
POSITION RNK
1st

If the NFL Draft were a straight forward venture then there would be no need for mock drafts. A year ago, the Cardinals selected Kyler Murray one year after drafting Josh Rosen in the top 10. If Washington comes to the conclusion that Tagovailoa is a better long-term option than Dwayne Haskins, why would they not take him and then deal Haskins for additional draft capital?
I think that perhaps some of us are forgetting about Young in the equation. It isn't a comparison of Haskins vs. Tua. It is a comparison of Haskins plus Young vs. Tua. If you think Haskins is so valuable that he could be traded for top draft picks, then all the more reason to keep him and draft Young. I'm a huge Tua fan, but we are talking about Haskins plus one of the top graded players of all time in Young. I really think RR looks at it this way as well.
Number44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 05:24 PM   #42
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

I want Young, he's the best player in this class and typically those guys pan out to be stars. Look at recent years.

Barkley - Stud
Q Nelson - Best OL in football
Myles Garrett - Stud

Draft Chase Young
Old 02-28-2020, 05:27 PM   #43
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskins247 View Post
This is how I feel as well. If Young becomes the next Lawrence Taylor, and Haskins can be as good as Phil Simms...then maybe we have a shot at making it work like Giants did back then. But Kerrigan it seems will still be here, so the cubbard is not bare at DE at all...but there's still a big ? at the most important position on the field and we have a draft pick that can give us a potential upgrade. Just because Haskins looked better towards the end of the season, is certainly no guarantee it will continue...everyone said the same thing about Trubisky after the 2018 season...how do Bears fans feel now?
Haskins has way more upside than Mitch ever did tho, If we didn't have such a glaring need of a legit star on Defense, I'd say F it Trade Haskins for a 3rd and take Tua but look at our dline, the interior is really good, the outside is average at best. Sweat could end up being a stud but he was not very good last yr, so there are concerns that he's just another P Smith, solid but not a dependable pass rusher. Chase Young could be the next Julius Peppers , those guys don't come around often.
Old 02-28-2020, 06:18 PM   #44
Warthog
The Starter

Should we be drafting Tua???

Haskins had two smoking hot games to finish out his seven-game season. They weren’t just “good” games - they showed his ability to play at an elite level in the NFL.

No one knows whether his last two games will translate in a long-term franchise QB. But he showed CONSTANT improvement the whole season. Both his last two games were OVER 120 QB rating exhibitions of his improving talent.

Haskin’s improved DESPITE a shaky OL, poor TEs, three rookie WR and a totally archaic offensive philosophy pushed by Callahan.

If Haskins did not improve - even with a 7-game sample, then I could see the angst about him. But he DID get better and he reached an OUTSTANDING level in just his sixth game. So why all the internet articles about taking Tua now and dumping Haskins? How good did he have to get to in his sixth game - a perfect game??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 08:50 PM   #45
rocnrik
Playmaker

Tua will be a monster in the league .. Franchise QB ..Best QB Washington has had maybe forever!! ... hmmm does that sound over the top .. yep but it also sounds exactly like what some are saying about Young.. who is right ?? Maybe nobody however there is NO debate of what the most important position in football is .. QB ! and that’s why we must seriously look at TUA .
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote