Bruce Allen 28 54.90%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-29-2018, 03:31 PM   #1
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Re: Battle of the bad GM's

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCRedskinsFan View Post
It’s amazing how short memories are around here. Vinny was amazingly inept at his job. When Bruce came in, we considered him a savior of sorts, or at least someone who could keep DS at bay. Didn’t exactly work out that way, but as bad as he is in his own way, Bruce is leagues ahead of Vinny.

Anybody that thinks differently is either very new here or has forgotten just how bad the good old days really were.
How many draft picks has Bruce given away when it comes to QB's? 1 pick for the Smith trade, plus a quality starter, 2 high picks for McNabb, 3 high picks for Griffin and then he let a quality starting QB leave. So by my count that is 6 high draft picks and two quality starters. I can not remember any NFL executive that has been stupid enough to give all that away, but also one that can survive that.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 04:27 PM   #2
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
How many draft picks has Bruce given away when it comes to QB's? 1 pick for the Smith trade, plus a quality starter, 2 high picks for McNabb, 3 high picks for Griffin and then he let a quality starting QB leave. So by my count that is 6 high draft picks and two quality starters. I can not remember any NFL executive that has been stupid enough to give all that away, but also one that can survive that.

Excellent point....but in the case of the picks that were given up for Robert Griffin Snyder and Allen outvoted Mike Shanahan.... but everything else you highlighted is Allen's own doing....
Old 12-29-2018, 04:57 PM   #3
Defensewins
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Add to that, Allen was voted least trustworthy NFL GM by player agents.
I am not sure Cerrato ever reached that low.
Allen and Cerrato both did a terrible job of running this team.
Allen is not a very good leader and brings out the worst in the Redskins Front Office. The endless amount classless and embarrassing situations created by them is proof enough...it is time for Allen to go. We need a change.
Allen has had enough time. Time is up.
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 09:55 AM   #4
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensewins View Post
Add to that, Allen was voted least trustworthy NFL GM by player agents.
I am not sure Cerrato ever reached that low.
Allen and Cerrato both did a terrible job of running this team.
Allen is not a very good leader and brings out the worst in the Redskins Front Office. The endless amount classless and embarrassing situations created by them is proof enough...it is time for Allen to go. We need a change.
Allen has had enough time. Time is up.
That, Sir, is the very best reason to fire both Allen and Gruden. By now, Snyder should know their capabilities and it should be clear to him that they can't get him where he wants to go with his franchise. So, time is up.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 11:17 AM   #5
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
That, Sir, is the very best reason to fire both Allen and Gruden. By now, Snyder should know their capabilities and it should be clear to him that they can't get him where he wants to go with his franchise. So, time is up.
I agree with this post 100%. And this is how most NFL owners would view the situation. However, Dan is not most owners. Him and Bruce are close. They are bros. Closer than Dan and Vinny ever were. Dan worships Bruce's every word. And he takes what Bruce says as gospel. We could still be surprised if Bruce gets fired / re-assigned, and i'd be happy to eat crow if that's the case.
Old 12-30-2018, 11:22 AM   #6
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
I agree with this post 100%. And this is how most NFL owners would view the situation. However, Dan is not most owners. Him and Bruce are close. They are bros. Closer than Dan and Vinny ever were. Dan worships Bruce's every word. And he takes what Bruce says as gospel. We could still be surprised if Bruce gets fired / re-assigned, and i'd be happy to eat crow if that's the case.
Source?
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 11:44 AM   #7
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
I don't think it's that simple....people fail to mention that Bruce Allen is George Allen's son....and it's because of that fact Bruce Allen remains in the position he's in.....and no fucking body ever mentions this.....it would be the same thing if JD or Coy was team president and had a .412 winning percentage in 10 years....Coy or JD would get a pass because they are Joe Gibbs sons....and this is Snyder's problem....he gives Bruce Allen privilege because of what his father still means to the Redskins organization...anyone with keen insight can see that....if it were any other NFL organization Allen would have been terminated...just like he was in Tampa Bay.

Last edited by REDSKINS4ever; 12-30-2018 at 03:16 PM.
REDSKINS4ever is offline   Reply With Quote