Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2009, 04:37 PM   #46
Longtimefan
Playmaker

Re: Report: Shanahan to DC done deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
All of a sudden the news has gotten awfully quiet....The team is adamantly denying the Shanahan talk, but we know that means nothing.....
That's just out of respect (what little they have left) for Jim Zorn. It would be totally out of character for a team to anounce a new coach with one already in their employ with a year left on his contract.

Advertisements
Old 12-18-2009, 04:37 PM   #47
Redskin Warrior
The Starter

This isn't true my boner went down............damn!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
First they ban winning...now this?
Old 12-18-2009, 04:44 PM   #48
vallin21
The Starter

I'm betting it's true but out of respect for Zorn the FO is waiting until the season's over to announce this.
Old 12-18-2009, 04:45 PM   #49
rbanerjee23
The Starter

y r people getting their hopes up...this is classic Snyder, bring in a big name coach and the team ends up going 6-10...Norv Turner, Schottenheimer, Spurrier a ringin' a bell? Let's rein in the optimism...when snyder stops pulling this s***, then Ill have hope

-Mike Shanahan

HTTR
Old 12-18-2009, 05:00 PM   #50
Zorn on the 4th of July
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbanerjee23 View Post
y r people getting their hopes up...this is classic Snyder, bring in a big name coach and the team ends up going 6-10...Norv Turner, Schottenheimer, Spurrier a ringin' a bell? Let's rein in the optimism...when snyder stops pulling this s***, then Ill have hope
In the pit of my stomach, I have the same exact feeling, but I am learning not go with my gut anymore (SEE: my ridiculous screen name). Besides, by going with the OPPOSITE of what my gut is suggesting, I can at least still claim that my gut is some sort of compass for the team's success . . .

. . . it's just off by about 180 degrees.

If Zorn is replaced before the end of the season, I will lose a lot of the goodwill towards the front office that was built over the last 48 hours. The team is playing well; let the guy finish out the season with some dignity.
Old 12-18-2009, 05:00 PM   #51
Redskin Warrior
The Starter

Quote:
Totally different Vinny is not here that's big difference IMO.

Quote:
Old 12-18-2009, 05:12 PM   #52
Darrell_Green_28
The Starter

I wonder if they talked to Sherm and he said no he didnt want the HC job. and will use that in the Rooney Rule..
Old 12-18-2009, 05:16 PM   #53
Defensewins
Playmaker

Quote:
To a certain extent I have to agree. I saw an earlier post saying we will win the division for sure next year. I think we have to take it slowly and not get too crazy. It is REALLY GREAT that Vinny bag of doughnuts is gone.
It takes time to build a solid team and deep team. It will not be in one year.
Old 12-18-2009, 05:21 PM   #54
Redskin Warrior
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensewins View Post
To a certain extent I have to agree. I saw an earlier post saying we will win the division for sure next year. I think we have to take it slowly and not get too crazy. It is REALLY GREAT that Vinny bag of doughnuts is gone.
It takes time to build a solid team and deep team. It will not be in one year.
I agree with your statement and honestly I think it will take a least 2-3 years before we become a contender to win the NFC East. I like Shanny a lot I hope we land him and not the Cowgirls or Bills.

Quote:
Old 12-18-2009, 06:02 PM   #55
MTK
\m/

Here's the scoop from SS who texted me:

-Shanahan was not in DC today

-Terms of a deal have been in place for a while now, the holdup was he didn't want Vinny in a decision making role, he doesn't want to take over during the season, and he wants to wait until after the Texans season is over to bring his son Kyle with him.

-He's also waiting to see what will happen with Dallas, but his focus has shifted to the Skins now.

-Skins are also interested in bringing in Doug Williams but it probably wouldn't happen until March, if it does at all. DW might not be as interested as the Skins though, thinks he may have more upside with Tampa.
Old 12-18-2009, 06:04 PM   #56
Redskin Warrior
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post

-Terms of a deal have been in place for a while now, the holdup was he didn't want Vinny in a decision making role, he doesn't want to take over during the season, and he wants to wait until after the Texans season is over to bring his son Kyle with him.

-He's also waiting to see what will happen with Dallas, but his focus has shifted to the Skins now.

-Skins are also interested in bringing in Doug Williams but it probably wouldn't happen until March, if it does at all. DW might not be as interested as the Skins though, thinks he may have more upside with Tampa.
Good news I hope Shanny brings in Kyle & Allen brings in Doug that would be a good look.

Quote:
Old 12-18-2009, 06:06 PM   #57
wolfeskins
The Starter

if the skins do get shanny does that help or hurt clintons chances of remaining on the team? under shanny clinton was awesome but he was also traded away by shanny.
Old 12-18-2009, 06:06 PM   #58
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:

Thanks for the update and thanks to Smoot for sending it.
Old 12-18-2009, 06:06 PM   #59
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Quote:

Great stuff as usual from Smootsmack. Lol, wouldn't it be crazy though if they brought back Spurrier?

Ironically though a few things need to come to fruition to make this official. First the Texans need to loose their next game to knock them out of the playoffs, that way his son Kyle can be brought in as the OC/Assistant Head Coach. On top of that, as sick as it is, the Cowboys need to be the playoffs, at least for this deal to be on the safe side. I still feel like the Redskins will get Shannahan even if Dallas doesn't make the playoffs, but at the same time it would be a slam dunk for us in terms of getting Shannahan if they did.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Old 12-18-2009, 06:24 PM   #60
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag359 View Post
Cowboys need to be the playoffs, at least for this deal to be on the safe side. I still feel like the Redskins will get Shannahan even if Dallas doesn't make the playoffs, but at the same time it would be a slam dunk for us in terms of getting Shannahan if they did.
Are you implying that the Redskins should loose to Dallas to prolong their season and the Redskins jump on Shanahan? That would be pretty entertaining.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
Closed Thread