Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Redskins May Become An Afterthought IN D.C. Sports Soon

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-16-2019, 08:39 PM   #1
Burgold
Special Teams

Redskins May Become An Afterthought IN D.C. Sports Soon

In case nobody's paying attention,the Nationals are going to the World Series..the Mystics just won a title..the Caps are recent champs...Danny boy better wake up and take some notes,this town is diverse in sports now with actual winners,no longer are the Skins the only game in town,heck soon they may fall behind the Wizards and that would truly be the end...HAIL TO THE LATE ONCE GREAT-REDSKINS!!
Burgold is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-16-2019, 09:06 PM   #2
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Re: Redskins May Become An Afterthought IN D.C. Sports Soon

"Soon"

Nice qualifier.

Just playing devil's advocate here, I'm gonna say the Redskins are an afterthought in DC sports already. The Wizards are only in the same boat because they're still in a hangover from the Grunfeld era. It's gonna take a while to get them out of hole they're in, but at least they have hope. We have none. Only the diehards remain.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 06:49 AM   #3
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

You have to think, five years down the road the fanbase might be basically gone. Nobody is coming to games, etc.. How bad do things have to get financially, would Dan ever be forced to sell the skins due to financial constraints?
Old 10-17-2019, 08:23 AM   #4
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Until he sells or realizes he is the biggest part of the problem the Redskins will always suffer from the Snyder factor. The ceiling will never be more than 10 wins and maybe winning a wild card game. In fact in the last dozen plus years the team has only won 10 games one time and that was due to the fact the league hadn't figured out RG3 yet. I think over Snyder's ownership the Redskins rank something like 28th in wins. Hard to think the Redskins are perennial bottom feeders, but they are.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 08:50 AM   #5
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Nats/Caps giving props to the Mystics: https://russianmachineneverbreaks.co...s/#more-341235

Will Skins have them for ceremonial coin toss?
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 09:35 AM   #6
skinsfan69
Living Legend

I don't even wear my Skins gear anymore. I'l watch on Sun mainly because I want to see the 49ers and how well Kyle has that team playing. Only watched the 2nd half last week.

I dislike Bruce and Dan so much that they make it hard to root for the team. It has gotten to the point where I want them to lose just to embarrass those two clowns.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 09:40 AM   #7
skinsfan69
Living Legend

This Nats run is really what team sports is all about. Guys playing for each other and they enjoy each other.
Old 10-17-2019, 09:50 AM   #8
Defensewins
Playmaker

Nothing would fix this problem quicker than Dan to fire Bruce Allen.
Hire a Strong GM. Problem solved.
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 10:01 AM   #9
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
You have to think, five years down the road the fanbase might be basically gone. Nobody is coming to games, etc.. How bad do things have to get financially, would Dan ever be forced to sell the skins due to financial constraints?
You've heard of revenue sharing right? The league is raking in insane revenue just through TV deals. Last year the Redskins had operating income of $120M. It's going to take a very long time before there's any real financial concern.
Old 10-17-2019, 10:30 AM   #10
irish
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
"Soon"

Nice qualifier.

Just playing devil's advocate here, I'm gonna say the Redskins are an afterthought in DC sports already. The Wizards are only in the same boat because they're still in a hangover from the Grunfeld era. It's gonna take a while to get them out of hole they're in, but at least they have hope. We have none. Only the diehards remain.
I agree, only the diehards remain. I have been in the DMV since 88 and back then if you went to the grocery store on Sunday during a Skins game the game was on over the store's PA system. Now you mention the Skins and people either laugh or shake their head in disgust. For all intents and purposes they already are an afterthought. Its sad to see how far this organization has fallen.

Winning a Super Bowl would bring back a lot of the lapsed fans but for some people as long as DS is the owner it wont matter what the Skins do, they aren't coming back.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 11:04 AM   #11
jamf
Pro Bowl

The fan base has been suffering for 20 years but look how quickly things came together with that electric kid playing QB in 2012.

Modern DC is a tourist town with a lot to see and do for fans of visiting teams so it will never go back to the old days.

Also consider that DC was a shithole( sorry) during the Redskins glory years. All I knew about DC growing up was that it was the murder capital of the US and the mayor smoked crack. It wasn't the safest place to visit back in the day.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 11:08 AM   #12
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
The fan base has been suffering for 20 years but look how quickly things came together with that electric kid playing QB in 2012.

Modern DC is a tourist town with a lot to see and do for fans of visiting teams so it will never go back to the old days.

Also consider that DC was a shithole( sorry) during the Redskins glory years. All I knew about DC growing up was that it was the murder capital of the US and the mayor smoked crack. It wasn't the safest place to visit back in the day.
Exactly, all it takes is a star player and some wins to quickly rejuvenate the fan base. Could it be Haskins? It would be nice to get him in the starting lineup already.
Old 10-17-2019, 11:43 AM   #13
irish
Playmaker

Quote:

The tourist areas around the monuments and museums were as safe to visit then as they are now. The big difference now is that large swaths of the city that were shit-holes then are now very desirable places to live and hang out (Navy Yard).
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 06:43 PM   #14
Burgold
Special Teams

Guys listen up,not to get away from the subject here,but all of D.C. wasn't a[shithole]so don't believe everything you hear,all major cities have ghetto's and D.C. is no different...I'm a native and know what I'm talking about!!
Burgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 09:49 PM   #15
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:

And literally by the next year the stadium was empty, see Kansas City 2013. Also DC was not a shithole during the glory years. Plenty of nice areas back then.