Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-10-2020, 04:51 AM   #2147
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Re: Merged: The Movies Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownskinfan View Post
The ending makes the movie,IMO.My wife and I went to the movies to see it and we walked out about 3/4 thru,I kept waiting for something to happen,thought it was pretty fucking boring.Fast forward a month when I see it again at home and see the ending and boom ok now I get it.It's hard for me to grade this movie because I thought it was pretty boring till the end,while all of tarantino's other films I enjoyed as i was watching them
I agree , it all comes together at the end ,wasn't sure I would like Leo in this but he and Brad both did a great job in it. I realize Taratino's movies are over the top but the gore at the end did start to get to me.
Old 09-10-2020, 11:15 AM   #2148
SunnySide
Playmaker

I hear what Htown is saying, I thought it was kinda disappointing when I watched it in the movies. I was expecting some Kill Bill Pulp Fiction shit.

But, Ive watched the movie maybe 5 times in a week span and it grew on me. Its some masterful cinematography and acting and feel .. its kinda odd bc it doesnt have a real compass. There is no traditional "conflict-resolution" so the "plot" seems plotless and the "hero" ends up being Brad Pitt's character Cliff who bashes a hippies brains in savagely and enjoyably while on acid (which is what the manson followers were supposed to do).

If you watch it just going in looking to watch a good movie and not expecting Kill Bill 3, its awesome and pretty amazing.
Old 09-10-2020, 11:27 AM   #2149
MTK
\m/

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood was great, I thought DiCaprio was brilliant
Old 09-23-2020, 05:05 PM   #2150
SunnySide
Playmaker

The Florida Project -- with the hand held camera feel and the "day in the life" type story telling it was like a less interesting Gummo. It was good and Im glad i watched it .. but also feel kinda flat. The mother's over acting and inconsistent weird accent at times bothered me.

It was good, id recommend it if you like indie movies but I wont be watching it again.
Old 10-21-2020, 02:49 PM   #2151
SunnySide
Playmaker

City of Embers - a family movie, pretty good, surprised by all the good actors in it. With Covid we are doing family movie nights on friday and saturday night so we are running out of options.

Creep 2 - it was interesting, I loved the acting but it wasnt what I was looking for. Was looking for a more classic horror movie to watch with the lady in bed with candles lit and this wasnt it. I havent seen creep 1.
Old 10-26-2020, 04:37 PM   #2152
SunnySide
Playmaker

In my family we rotate turns on who picks the movie for Friday and Saturday night.

Babysitters guide to monster hunting - 2020 netflix family movie for halloween .. it was good for what it was.

Hamilton -- (my fucking 8 year old picked this) i can appreciate the unique work it was to create ... but to this 42 year old beer drinking dude .. it was real long and I felt drained afterwards. Like all the happiness was drained from me. Like a dementor from harry potter started sucking my soul out and no one came to stop it.

and no blow job .. after the kid went to sleep, my lady said she was just joking
Old 10-26-2020, 05:25 PM   #2153
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
In my family we rotate turns on who picks the movie for Friday and Saturday night.

Babysitters guide to monster hunting - 2020 netflix family movie for halloween .. it was good for what it was.

Hamilton -- (my fucking 8 year old picked this) i can appreciate the unique work it was to create ... but to this 42 year old beer drinking dude .. it was real long and I felt drained afterwards. Like all the happiness was drained from me. Like a dementor from harry potter started sucking my soul out and no one came to stop it.

and no blow job .. after the kid went to sleep, my lady said she was just joking
Only your soul got sucked? Brutal!!
sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 08:39 PM   #2154
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Borat 2 was good (unless you're a conservative with no sense of humor - any political replies @ me in the politics forum)

Saw Tenet with the bro a month ago. My brother loved it so much he wanted to see it again, I thought it was alright but kinda hard to follow, in the same vein as Inception I guess.

Uncut Gems was probably Sandler's best serious role flick, honestly I was happy with the ending because I disliked his character. Definitely one of Sandler's best acting jobs in a while though.
Old 10-26-2020, 08:42 PM   #2155
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Only your soul got sucked? Brutal!!

Can just imagine Sunny still sitting on the couch like "fml, everybody gets a happy ending except for me" lol
Old 10-27-2020, 10:34 AM   #2156
SunnySide
Playmaker

hamilton it was good, I can respect the work that went into it, I knew one day id have to watch it. Im proud that I did it and got it over with. i think every guy should have to watch it.

Peanut Butter Falcon - shai lebaouf (I like him, most dont).. it was alright. A malcontent with bad luck and no purpose in life meets a down syndrome guy with a simple singular purpose in life. Its a straight forward "odd couple" randomly meet up and go on a journey together type plot.

It goes quickly, enjoyable enough to watch. Light hearted with some touching moments.

Good one to watch with the lady in bed while you occassionally scroll your phone.
Old 10-28-2020, 09:37 AM   #2157
SunnySide
Playmaker

It Comes At Night -- this was before covid but it revolves around a mysterious sickness spreading across the country. No spoiler, you figure that out right away. Kinda like A Quiet Place in that it is set exclusively in a rural home setting, but not nearly as good imo. but its still good.
Left a lot of unanswered questions, too many imo. I read the director wanted it like that bc "this genre people always demand explanation" and he wanted to be different and he wanted "people to come to up with their own explanations" = cheesy crap imo.
Didnt live up to the good reviews I read.

Green Room - if you liked the punk scene, I would give this a watch. Travelling punk band play a show in rural neo nazi land. Patrick Stewart as the bad guy.

^^ i think both of these are A24 films
Old 10-28-2020, 06:17 PM   #2158
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
It Comes At Night -- this was before covid but it revolves around a mysterious sickness spreading across the country. No spoiler, you figure that out right away. Kinda like A Quiet Place in that it is set exclusively in a rural home setting, but not nearly as good imo. but its still good.
Left a lot of unanswered questions, too many imo. I read the director wanted it like that bc "this genre people always demand explanation" and he wanted to be different and he wanted "people to come to up with their own explanations" = cheesy crap imo.
Didnt live up to the good reviews I read.

Green Room - if you liked the punk scene, I would give this a watch. Travelling punk band play a show in rural neo nazi land. Patrick Stewart as the bad guy.

^^ i think both of these are A24 films
I've heard good things about Green Room, one of those movies that didn't get a lot of press but solid nonetheless.
Old 11-03-2020, 10:25 AM   #2159
SunnySide
Playmaker

Yesterday - interesting plot (a sudden phenomena happens where no one in the world knows/remembers the Beatles but this one struggling song writer), great acting, found the love arc based on one character being oblivious a good bit annoying.
I cant believe Ed Sheeren agreed to play the character he does, comes off as egotistical.

The Haunting (1999) - decent scary movie if you have kids aged 8-14 range. Lots of big name actors.
Old 11-03-2020, 08:09 PM   #2160
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

I watched the Jay and Silent Bob reboot on Sunday.

For those who don't know, my username originated from my love of the first one, it was and still is an all-time favorite of mine.

Which is why I'm sad to say I thought the reboot was terrible. Nothing against the diverse new cast and cameos from the old cast, but the jokes were incredibly weak. I started losing interest halfway in. It makes me wonder whether Kevin Smith has anything left in the tank as a writer.