Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

2013 Free Agents

Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2012, 02:21 AM   #1
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

2013 Free Agents

So some of you are upset with the play of some of our guys whether its, the OL not blocking, the secondary can't cover, we don't have depth here or there, so the next time you all are upset come to this thread and check out some of these FA who could be on our team next year. I'm putting down some names of guys that could be on our team.

Jake Long OT 28 Dolphins-- May not be a perfect fit for a ZBS, but he's the best LT in the league right now. May be franchised.

Brent Grimes CB 30 Falcons--Is a very good CB, BUT, he torn his achilles and is 30.

Victor Cruz WR 26 Giants-- He is going to be restricted so maybe a lot of money and possibly picks.

Wes Welker WR 32 Patriots--Very good Slot WR, but will be 32, and not a Key need for us, but is better than our slot guy now, Moss.

Sebastian Vollmer OT 28 Patriots-- Solid RT. Definitely an upgrade with what we have now, he seems athletic for ZBS, but is occasionally injured.

Ed Reed FS 34 Ravens--Not much needs to be said here. IF he hit the market and is still willing to play, he's definitely worth a 1 year deal. Darren Sharper New Orleans comes to mind.

Ryan Clady OT 26 Broncos--Obviously he'd be a target with Shanahan drafting him, and him being a natural in the ZBS, but would Denver let him walk...

Jarius Bryd FS 26 Bills--Good FS, had an amazing rookie year, has been solid, is a good depth signing, could pan out better somewhere else.

Jason Jones DT/DE 27 Seahawks--Would be a great fit with the 3-4 being that he's played DE and DT in the 4-3 real well. 3-4 End depth?

Kenny Philips FS 26 Giants-- Division rival; solid FS.

Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie CB 27 Eagles--Very good, young, athletic CB, division rival.

Aqib Talib CB 27 Bucs--Very possible he'll be wearing our colors next year with CB need and Bruce Allen drafting him. Headcase off the field though.

LaRon Landry SS 28 Jets--Odds that he wants to come back here, slim to none..still crazier things have happened in this league in terms of returning.

Sam Shields CB 25 Packers--Solid 3rd string CB. Good returner as well.

Cary Williams CB 26 Ravens--Very solid rangy CB. Is he good because of his defense and the fact he plays opposite Webb? Or is he just good?

Jermon Bushrod OT 29 Saints--Hasn't had a good year this year and is used to being Brees LT blocking for all of 2 seconds for him.

Brandon Albert OT 28 Chiefs--Really solid tackle, would probably be a great RT here opposed to a LT in KC. Can also play OG and is athletic.

DJ Moore CB 26 Bears-- Very good CB, gets a lot of big picks.

DaShon Goldson FS 28 49ers--Probably the best young FS in the league. He can cover well and really level someone too.

Darrell Revis CB 28 Jets--He's not going anywhere, but he's the best CB in the NFL, hands down, and is worth the money.

Mike Jenkins CB

Sean Smith CB

Jabarri Greer CB

Quentin Jammer CB

Antonie Cason CB

Patrick Chung FS 26 New England-- gets injured often, but has experience and is solid when healthy.

Anotine Caldwell OG 26 Houston--knows our offense and is young.

Last edited by CultBrennan59; 09-24-2012 at 02:27 AM.

Advertisements
Old 09-24-2012, 03:25 AM   #2
RGIII

Re: 2013 Free Agents

Skins won't have much dough to throw around next year either. Focus probably needs to be on fixing the defense and continiuing to draft starting-caliber prospects in round 2 and later. I think a shift to the 4-3 would be a boost to the current front seven. Years ago, there seemed to be a slew of DE/LB tweeners coming out of college that fit the 3-4 scheme. Skins decided to switch to the 3-4 when that trend was fading, forcing perhaps prototypical 4-3 DEs Kerrigan and Orakpo (4-3 DE Jenkins, 4-3 DT Cofield) into a 3-4 scheme. But there has been a lot ot talk about that in other threads already.

Trent Williams and his contract deserves a look over. What will be his status for next off-season? Skins need to somehow aquire two quality OTs and a safety this ofseason. I think a significant reason the secondary sucks so bad right now is the lack of pass rush generated with this 3-4 front played by guys who aren't thriving in it in addition to DBs who are in over their head with the coverages that the coaches are drawing up. Will this be another off-season of more questions than answers?

Last edited by RGIII; 09-24-2012 at 05:17 AM.
Old 09-24-2012, 07:21 AM   #3
Alvin Walton
Pro Bowl

Already?
Old 09-24-2012, 08:07 AM   #4
CrustyRedskin
Playmaker

I wonder if they take Visa/Mastercard cause -35 mill. Exactly how much money was spent on Defense last year?? Not enough.

HTTR. You wern't a bunch of losers on 10-27-14.
Old 10-05-2012, 12:51 AM   #5
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
So some of you are upset with the play of some of our guys whether its, the OL not blocking, the secondary can't cover, we don't have depth here or there, so the next time you all are upset come to this thread and check out some of these FA who could be on our team next year. I'm putting down some names of guys that could be on our team.

Jake Long OT 28 Dolphins-- May not be a perfect fit for a ZBS, but he's the best LT in the league right now. May be franchised.

Brent Grimes CB 30 Falcons--Is a very good CB, BUT, he torn his achilles and is 30.

Victor Cruz WR 26 Giants-- He is going to be restricted so maybe a lot of money and possibly picks.

Wes Welker WR 32 Patriots--Very good Slot WR, but will be 32, and not a Key need for us, but is better than our slot guy now, Moss.

Sebastian Vollmer OT 28 Patriots-- Solid RT. Definitely an upgrade with what we have now, he seems athletic for ZBS, but is occasionally injured.

Ed Reed FS 34 Ravens--Not much needs to be said here. IF he hit the market and is still willing to play, he's definitely worth a 1 year deal. Darren Sharper New Orleans comes to mind.

Ryan Clady OT 26 Broncos--Obviously he'd be a target with Shanahan drafting him, and him being a natural in the ZBS, but would Denver let him walk...

Jarius Bryd FS 26 Bills--Good FS, had an amazing rookie year, has been solid, is a good depth signing, could pan out better somewhere else.

Jason Jones DT/DE 27 Seahawks--Would be a great fit with the 3-4 being that he's played DE and DT in the 4-3 real well. 3-4 End depth?

Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie CB 27 Eagles--Very good, young, athletic CB, division rival.

Aqib Talib CB 27 Bucs--Very possible he'll be wearing our colors next year with CB need and Bruce Allen drafting him. Headcase off the field though.

LaRon Landry SS 28 Jets--Odds that he wants to come back here, slim to none..still crazier things have happened in this league in terms of returning.

Cary Williams CB 26 Ravens--Very solid rangy CB. Is he good because of his defense and the fact he plays opposite Webb? Or is he just good?

Jermon Bushrod OT 29 Saints--Hasn't had a good year this year and is used to being Brees LT blocking for all of 2 seconds for him.

Brandon Albert OT 28 Chiefs--Really solid tackle, would probably be a great RT here opposed to a LT in KC. Can also play OG and is athletic.

DaShon Goldson FS 28 49ers--Probably the best young FS in the league. He can cover well and really level someone too.

Darrell Revis CB 28 Jets--He's not going anywhere, but he's the best CB in the NFL, hands down, and is worth the money.

Mike Jenkins CB

Sean Smith CB

Jabarri Greer CB

Quentin Jammer CB

Antonie Cason CB

Patrick Chung FS 26 New England-- gets injured often, but has experience and is solid when healthy.

Started looking through DBs and I Italicized and put in red the ones that should NOT be on this list. They are rated worse than our CBs we have now.

I underlined the guys who are rated highly/underrated who are in our range. DRC will most likely be re-signed by the eagles.
Old 10-05-2012, 01:13 AM   #6
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

It's very early to look at 2013 but I'd def like clady at RT, and a few dbs mentioned for sure.
Old 10-05-2012, 01:58 AM   #7
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
It's very early to look at 2013 but I'd def like clady at RT, and a few dbs mentioned for sure.
Yeah, understandable. I was just looking at both teams players tonight on defense and thought they all had great CB play. We have poor CB play we need a starting CB (assuming we'd move Hall or Wilson to the slot as a 3rd CB). So I looked through PFF and Bleacher Reports scouting website and saw the CBs that consistently came up as good and the ones that came up as bad. And thats what I did above is crossed out (Put their names in Red) the ones that are bad.

I'm also just keeping this thread somewhat alive, because we all know, that once we lose a game because a player 'blew the game' or 'consistently got beat' that they'll want to know who could we replace them with or get next year to fix that, since we don't have a first rounder.
Old 10-05-2012, 11:13 AM   #8
los panda
Pro Bowl

i was really hoping goldson could have hit the market this year, i'm a fan of his.
Old 10-05-2012, 11:58 AM   #9
Mechanix544
The Starter

Quote:
Started looking through DBs and I Italicized and put in red the ones that should NOT be on this list. They are rated worse than our CBs we have now.

I underlined the guys who are rated highly/underrated who are in our range. DRC will most likely be re-signed by the eagles.
I've heard the eagles are not really that happy with how DRC has been playing and his cost. Not saying that he wouldnt be an upgrade, but would he be worth the price he is guaranteed to fetch?
Old 10-05-2012, 01:35 PM   #10
Evilgrin
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by los panda View Post
i was really hoping goldson could have hit the market this year, i'm a fan of his.
Pretty sure Pro football focus and a few of the other stat sites grade him out as below average. Which is still a step up for us, but he's gonna be way over paid.
Old 10-05-2012, 01:36 PM   #11
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:

Mike Jenkins CB

Sean Smith CB

Jabarri Greer CB

Quentin Jammer CB

Antonie Cason CB

I would be happy with any of the guys I put in bold - the rest i either dont see as a necessity rite now (cruz) or dont want because of age/injury/etc
Old 10-05-2012, 01:40 PM   #12
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanix544 View Post
I've heard the eagles are not really that happy with how DRC has been playing and his cost. Not saying that he wouldnt be an upgrade, but would he be worth the price he is guaranteed to fetch?
Yes, IMO he's worth it. In todays NFL, the CB's that do good or great jobs are typically (With Revis and Patrick Peterson the main exceptions) 6'1 or taller. Look at Seattles great secondary. Their starting CBs are both over 6'3. The WRs get taller, therefore the CBs need to get bigger. Plus DRC is physical, and Fast. The thing with him which people haven't tried yet, is putting him at FS too. I think he'd be great there too.
Old 10-05-2012, 01:43 PM   #13
los panda
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilgrin View Post
Pretty sure Pro football focus and a few of the other stat sites grade him out as below average. Which is still a step up for us, but he's gonna be way over paid.
he's not a complete player, but so few safeties are today. i agree, i was even surprised he was franchised, he'll be overpaid. at the time it was more of an argument of him vs landry. i favored goldson, but would i prefer an elderly ed reed, you bet your boots.

this is fantasy camp anyways, are either of these guys going to visit the skins next year? i doubt it.
Old 10-05-2012, 01:54 PM   #14
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by los panda View Post
he's not a complete player, but so few safeties are today. i agree, i was even surprised he was franchised, he'll be overpaid. at the time it was more of an argument of him vs landry. i favored goldson, but would i prefer an elderly ed reed, you bet your boots.

this is fantasy camp anyways, are either of these guys going to visit the skins next year? i doubt it.
I wonder how much of Goldson is good because of his defense or because he's great, or both.
Old 10-05-2012, 01:59 PM   #15
firstdown
Living Legend

We still have 15 more games to play this year.
Closed Thread