Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Kirk Cousins 24/7 thread

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: What should the Redskins do with Cousins?
Sign him to a long term deal 47 75.81%
Let him walk 4 6.45%
Use the franchise tag again 11 17.74%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2016, 11:17 AM   #16
Meks
Pro Bowl

Re: Kirk Cousins 24/7 thread

Boy the media sure loves to blow shit out of proportion when it comes to the Redskins... and JLC can suck a railroad spike he's an Ass-Hat
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR

Advertisements
Old 02-19-2016, 06:51 PM   #17
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

I don't know. It will be interesting to watch it pan out. I have a real bad feelings the Redskins suddenly become the Redskins again, screw up the negotiations with Cousins, and he ends up walking next offseason. To me, it is a damning sign that RG3 remains on the roster... Even other writers have pointed out the fact that March creeps ever closer and RG3 is still here. Do they pay RG3 AND Cousins? It sounds insane but it really isn't when you think of stuff we have done in the past and likely still could do.....
Old 02-19-2016, 07:43 PM   #18
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
I don't know. It will be interesting to watch it pan out. I have a real bad feelings the Redskins suddenly become the Redskins again, screw up the negotiations with Cousins, and he ends up walking next offseason. To me, it is a damning sign that RG3 remains on the roster... Even other writers have pointed out the fact that March creeps ever closer and RG3 is still here. Do they pay RG3 AND Cousins? It sounds insane but it really isn't when you think of stuff we have done in the past and likely still could do.....
I will never understand the way you think.

Everything written here is either entirely wrong or entirely misinterpreted.
Old 02-19-2016, 07:59 PM   #19
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

I have....EVERY confidence in the SM led Redskins................
Old 02-19-2016, 10:33 PM   #20
MTK
\m/

Kirk Cousins 24/7 thread

There's no sense in cutting RGIII when there's a chance of a trade, unlikely as it may be.

It's not a conspiracy, it's just common sense. Moves aren't made in this league until they have to be made, simple as that.
Old 02-19-2016, 10:39 PM   #21
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

I'll say it again, rg3 has nothing to do with the cousins contract negotiations.
Zero, nothing. Rg3 is not relevant to cousins.

He Gets Us
Old 02-20-2016, 06:47 AM   #22
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
I will never understand the way you think.

Everything written here is either entirely wrong or entirely misinterpreted.
I haven't been a fan as long as most people (i'm only 30 years old), so most of my experiences have been with us being the dumpster fire of the NFL, watching horrible FA signings, bad coach hirings, and general ineptness from the owner and his top people.

2015 for me, seemed too good to be true because for maybe the first time ever, we had a coach who had the balls to bench the anointed starter, and a GM who had his back. Everyone seemed to look like a competent unit.

I just get afraid, sometimes, that we will revert back to the crap that we are sadly known for. I love the skins with all my heart and hope its not true, but sometimes I just get afraid.
Old 02-20-2016, 09:08 AM   #23
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
I haven't been a fan as long as most people (i'm only 30 years old), so most of my experiences have been with us being the dumpster fire of the NFL, watching horrible FA signings, bad coach hirings, and general ineptness from the owner and his top people.

2015 for me, seemed too good to be true because for maybe the first time ever, we had a coach who had the balls to bench the anointed starter, and a GM who had his back. Everyone seemed to look like a competent unit.

I just get afraid, sometimes, that we will revert back to the crap that we are sadly known for. I love the skins with all my heart and hope its not true, but sometimes I just get afraid.
It's ok to believe SS. I'm sure a guy like McC knows his self worth and wouldn't have agreed to work here if it meant the owner would constantly be stepping on his toes and making him look bad.
Old 02-20-2016, 10:20 AM   #24
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Ex-NFL agent: RG3 'a pawn' in Redskins' contract talks with Cousins | FOX Sports

I will post this, for those who wondered why I think the way I do. I felt in the beginning, and still feel now, that they are going to keep RG3 just incase the situation with Cousins doesn't work out...
Old 02-20-2016, 10:43 AM   #25
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Ex-NFL agent: RG3 'a pawn' in Redskins' contract talks with Cousins | FOX Sports

I will post this, for those who wondered why I think the way I do. I felt in the beginning, and still feel now, that they are going to keep RG3 just incase the situation with Cousins doesn't work out...
I don't want to be harsh but I really can't wait until the day his bonus is due to arrive so this will be put to rest.
Old 02-20-2016, 12:08 PM   #26
RobH4413
Wildcard Bitches

Quote:

I don't understand what there isn't to work out.

Long term deal? We're good.
No long term deal? Franchise tag; we're good.

The last thing we would do would be to hold onto RG3 for next season. The very last. Even if Cousins dies in plane crash today, we are moving on from him.
Old 02-20-2016, 03:14 PM   #27
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
There's no sense in cutting RGIII when there's a chance of a trade,
How is there a chance? Nobody is taking on Griffin with a 16mil salary and why in the fuck would he structure his contract to facilitate a trade for us? Not when he could go out of the free market and determine his own destination?

There is no chance.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
Old 02-20-2016, 03:26 PM   #28
30gut
Playmaker

I've never heard of Joel Corry but that article makes him sound like an idiot.

How can someone or thing be used as a 'pawn' or as 'insurance' when the other party doesn't (and shouldn't) believe that person or thing is a viable option?

Kinda defeats the logic of his supposed point.
Old 02-20-2016, 03:59 PM   #29
That Guy
Living Legend

the world is full of idiots. the internet just gives them a voice.

rg3 will be gone, kirk will be here regardless of a new contract. i'm fine with it either way. he either has to prove it wasn't a fluke or we possibly save 20% over the long haul. good QBs cost more money than i'd like, but that's just the way things are.
Old 02-21-2016, 06:22 AM   #30
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker

I have been real critical of Cousins. This is how I view it....the Redskins didn't defeat a team with a winning records last year. We did win the NFC East only because it wasn't a competitive division. Cousins didn't play that great against teams with great defenses. Nor has he ever. I was pleased with the great improvement I saw from him...but I'm not sold on Kirk Cousins just yet.

Scot Mccloughan shouldn't sign him to a long term deal just yet. The Redskins should use the franchise tag on Cousins and see what he does in 2016....the challenge will be far stiffer with a 1st place schedule....