Around the Nfl week 5

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-13-2015, 03:05 PM   #121
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Around the Nfl week 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
Yeah but god damn is living in San Diego the good life!
Eh I prefer 4 seasons but i wouldn't be mad living there.

Advertisements
Old 10-13-2015, 03:16 PM   #122
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
Kirk managing a clock-eating 90-yard 4th qtr drive to beat Philly and a long drive with less than 45 seconds left to send the Atlanta game into OT in back-to-back weeks isn't good enough for you? He is a developing QB and you seem to expect him to play like John Elway on a weekly basis. That's not realistic or fair, IMO.

Jay Gruden says Kirk is getting better and I'll take his word for it. In due time, we'll find out if he's a keeper but I think it's still too soon to judge.
I would like to see him improve as the season goes on, not see so much up and down play. It's what I expected but I would like to see the uneven play sort of even out. Hopefully he gets Reed and Jackson back at some point.

I would also like to see KC get a full off season as the unquestioned starter so he gets all those reps. We may not see the real improvement until next year. But we MUST draft a QB next year. Maybe someone in the 3rd or 4h round.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 03:17 PM   #123
Giantone
Gamebreaker

This is terrible,prayers out to him and his family

Giants TE Daniel Fells....................

Doctors optimistic Daniel Fells of New York Giants won't lose foot from MRSA infection
Old 10-13-2015, 06:20 PM   #124
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
This is terrible,prayers out to him and his family

Giants TE Daniel Fells....................

Doctors optimistic Daniel Fells of New York Giants won't lose foot from MRSA infection

Glad they will probably save his foot. Thats the important thing.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 09:18 PM   #125
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
Kirk managing a clock-eating 90-yard 4th qtr drive to beat Philly and a long drive with less than 45 seconds left to send the Atlanta game into OT in back-to-back weeks isn't good enough for you? He is a developing QB and you seem to expect him to play like John Elway on a weekly basis. That's not realistic or fair, IMO.

Jay Gruden says Kirk is getting better and I'll take his word for it. In due time, we'll find out if he's a keeper but I think it's still too soon to judge.
So let me rephrase ... "Kirk is not a good QB now." Yes, the drives were impressive. Yay Kirk! But, for example, the 4th Q drive in Atlanta wen for naught on a ball that should never have left his hand. Will he improve? I hope so. However, if this is as good as it gets, he tops out as the second coming of Rex Grossman.

I am not expecting him to play like Elway "on a weekly basis." I just want better, consistent play and a showing that his flaws are improving. He still has problems with ball placement - his accuracy not good and, at times, really bad. He still makes bad decisions ... at times really bad. Recognizing these flaws and seeing the need for improvement is perfectly "realistic and fair."

I am neither a KC hater or fan. I just want the Skins to win. Objectively speaking, to do that consistently, I firmly believe we need better play from the QB position. Right now, Kirk is doing enough to win some and lose some. If he improves, great. However, my concern is that the mistakes he is making are the same mistakes he has always made.

Not saying we should ditch him tomorrow, just saying he needs to improve. A lot.
Old 10-13-2015, 10:23 PM   #126
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

I personally see improvement as far as the bad decisions. Remember the atrocious five int game against the giants last year? I think it was 5 againts them? Anyway although he still might relapse here and there , I can honestly say that this Kirk is imo vastly improved. I think he is sorely lacking a deep threat, a center to protect him, and most importantly he is fighting those demons from his humble beginnings. If Alot of other qb's had thrown a pass and their wr fell down that Would be that. Nobody would second guess the pass. He knows that he was a int machine for a spell but my God he was in the midst of the RG-3 saga in a city starving for a qb like no other. Gruden is giving the guy his full support and I think we are seeing the maturation process here. Maybe he falls flat on his face for the next several weeks and lets it all cave in around him but I for one would bet he doesnt. I think moments like the final two drives of regulation the last two weeks are going to help his confidence. The guy is getting thick skin, let it happen and pray. Lol.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 10:26 PM   #127
That Guy
Living Legend

those two ints weren't completely terrible like the last game he chucked a couple in. one was a fluke off his receivers hands and the other was a rushed throw (because he called the wrong protection) to a WR that fell down. maybe it'd be a pick anyways, maybe just incomplete, i dunno.

still it was an off game for him accuracy wise.
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote