Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Pick 38 and Beyond (2015 Draft)

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 04-28-2015, 12:11 PM   #1
30gut
Playmaker

Pick 38 and Beyond (2015 Draft)

Fellow fans and draftniks.

Its time for the Scott McCloughan's first Redskins's draft.

There has been a bunch of discussion about pick number 5.

But what about the rest of the draft? Right now (fingers crossed we get more) but right now we have 5, 38, 69, 105, 141, 182 and 222.

For draft nerds the draft doesn't really start until after the much talked about pick 5.

So....Enough preamble.

What prospects do you like at pick 38 and beyond?

To get it started below are links to Gil Brandt, well respected former GM, with his top 100+40 prospects and PFF new college stats mock draft.

Hot 100 + 40: Leonard Williams top prospect in 2015 NFL Draft - NFL.com

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...draft-round-2/

Brandt's:

32. Eddie Goldman, DT, Florida State
Goldman (6-foot-3 7/8, 336 pounds, 5.27 40) has good quickness and athletic ability for his position and had four sacks and 15 quarterback pressures last season.

33. Jake Fisher, OT, Oregon
Fisher (6-6 1/8, 306 pounds, 4.97 40) allowed one sack last season, against a player ranked in the top 25 at his position, and seven quarterback pressures. He's very athletic and played tight end in high school.

34. Donovan Smith, OL, Penn State
Smith (6-5 5/8, 338 pounds, 5.18 40) has big upside. He allowed 3.5 sacks last season, including one vs. an offensive lineman ranked in the top 25 at his position, and had no holding penalties called on him.

35. Damarious Randall, S, Arizona State
Randall (5-10 7/8, 196 pounds, 4.40 40) is an athlete with good speed (6.83 3-cone drill, 4.07 short shuttle), and he will tackle -- last season, he had five double-digit tackle games and finished the year with 96. From 54 targets, he was burned 25 times (46.3 percent) for five touchdowns.

36. Eli Harold, OLB, Virginia
Harold (6-3 1/8, 247 pounds, 4.58 40) can rush the passer or drop back in coverage. He had 6.5 sacks and 53 tackles last season, with 24 quarterback pressures.

37. Devin Smith, WR, Ohio State
Smith (6-0 3/8, 196 pounds, 4.37 40) is a big-play receiver who averaged 28.2 yards per catch and had 12 touchdowns last season. He caught 33 of his 49 targets, with two drops.

38. Arik Armstead, DT, Oregon
Armstead (6-7 1/8, 292 pounds, 5.06 40) had only 2.5 sacks and 46 tackles last season. he did play well against Ohio State in the national championship game, with nine tackles.

39. Benardrick McKinney, LB, Mississippi State
McKinney (6-4 1/8, 246 pounds, 4.62 40) had 71 tackles and three sacks last season. The big question with him is whether he can play all three downs. I believe he can.

40. Phillip Dorsett, WR, Miami (Fla.)
Dorsett (5-9 3/4, 185 pounds, 4.28 40) is a good route runner who averaged 24 yards per catch with 10 touchdowns last season. From 73 targets, he had 36 catches, with three drops.

41. Cedric Ogbuehi, OL, Texas A&M
NFL teams want their offensive tackles to have long arms, and Ogbuehi (6-foot-2 1/4, 306 pounds) has 35 7/8-inch arms. He gave up seven sacks last season, including five against pass rushers ranked in the top 25 at their position, and had one holding call. He didn't run the 40 because of an injury.

42. T.J. Clemmings, OT, Pittsburgh
Clemmings (6-4 3/4, 309 pounds, 5.12 40) spent only two years on offense after starting his career as a defensive end. He was ranked higher as a prospect before having a disappointing week at the Senior Bowl.

43. D'Joun Smith, CB, Florida Atlantic
Smith (5-10, 187 pounds, 4.37 40) is a cornerback who can also play free safety. He had seven interceptions in 2013, and last season he totaled 53 tackles.

PFF/CFF:

33. Tennessee Titans: Cedric Ogbuhei, OT, Texas A&M

Gone are the days of David Stewart and Michael Roos, so with Ogubehi on the board the Titans find a partner in crime for Taylor Lewan. His ACL injury isn’t ideal and he isn’t the most physical blocker around, but his work in pass protection would provide an immediate upgrade (health permitting).

34. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Owamagbe Odighizuwa, ER, UCLA

The tweener does a great job of getting linemen going backward and was incredibly productive throughout 2014. The Bucs desperately need some pass rush to alleviate some of the pressure on Gerald McCoy to do it all.

35. Oakland Raiders: Paul Dawson, LB, TCU

Speaking of productive, how about Mr. Productivity. Dawson had a nose for the ball like no other in college football, recording the most run stops and the best run stop percentage of all players. By a distance. There are concerns how he’ll hold up against better athletes, but is there a player in the draft with his instincts?

36. Jacksonville Jaguars: Trae Waynes, CB, Michigan State

Change of direction concerns see him fall in our mock despite wildly touted as the top cornerback out there. Jacksonville isn’t short on cornerbacks but landing a guy with his ceiling in Round 2 never hurts.

37. New York Jets: Laken Tomlinson, OG, Duke

An offensive line can go from good to godawful in a heartbeat and the Jets aren’t getting any younger. Tomlinson would add some push and some power to a unit that hasn’t had much success finding successors as players have moved on or retired. He had the second-highest ranking of all guards last year.

38. Washington Redskins: Cam Erving, OT, Florida State

Erving showed enough in his starts at center to suggest he could be a real difference-maker there. The Redskins are in need of retooling their line and Erving could prove a big cog in that.

39. Chicago Bears: Stephone Anthony, LB, Clemson

Graded exceptionally well throughout 2014 with the fearsome Clemson line doing a good job keeping bodies off him. Chicago needs help all through their defense and linebacker is certainly no exception.

40. New York Giants: Damarious Randall, S, Arizona State

Antrel Rolle is gone so the team has to be looking at safety with nothing proven on the roster to take over. Step forward Randall who was a Top 10 safety in our production grades last year, grading positively in every facet of play.

41. St Louis Rams: Quinten Rollins, CB, Miami (OH)

Rollins offer tremendous upside with just one year of college ball on his resume, especially with as impressive a year as it was. His level of competition may not have compared to other cornerbacks but his production certainly did, with his ball skills (eight picks) on show and a third-highest production grade on the year.

42. Atlanta Falcons: Clive Walford, TE, Miami

Matt Ryan could really use Tony Gonzalez right? Well Gonzalez is gone so it’s time Atlanta found a replacement for him and there isn’t a better pure catch tight end around. Walford had the highest mark of tight ends last year in this regard.

43. Cleveland Browns: Malcom Brown, DT, Texas

Might need some nurturing to develop a more rounded skill set, but it’s his ability to penetrate in the run game that will have Cleveland looking. They need to make some plays in the backfield to make life easier.

44. New Orleans Saints: Byron Jones, CB, Connecticut

Something of a shame he didn’t play most of the 2014 season but was impressive enough when he did. The bigger type of corner is very much in right now and New Orleans are certainly subscribing to that fashion.

What say you?
30gut is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-28-2015, 12:15 PM   #2
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Pick 38 and Beyond (2015 Draft)

Cam Erving OT from FSU, this is who I want in the second...my second choice would be the Guard from Duke if Erving is gone.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 01:03 PM   #3
Schneed10
A Dude

Man so many moving parts.

I'm hoping to be the team to take advantage of an unexpected precipitous fall from a player most would grade as a first rounder.

You can pick out any guy graded as a first rounder and say well there's no way he'll last to 38. But on the flip side, SOMEBODY's gonna fall. I hope we snag them, unless McC doesn't like them either. In which case BPA.

So basically, just give me Scot's BPA and I'm happy.
Old 04-28-2015, 01:10 PM   #4
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Lockett from K. State. He could probably come in and play the slot and return punts better than Roberts. Kid is a stud that will go under the radar.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 04:47 PM   #5
SirLK26
The Starter

There's going to be some good defensive linemen at 38. I don't see Brown dropping, but Goldman, Phillips, Armstead, and Davis could all be there. Take your pick.

Also a bunch of really good receivers in the 2nd-4th range.
SirLK26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 05:46 PM   #6
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirLK26 View Post
There's going to be some good defensive linemen at 38. I don't see Brown dropping, but Goldman, Phillips, Armstead, and Davis could all be there. Take your pick.

Also a bunch of really good receivers in the 2nd-4th range.
Other good players who might be there at 38:

ILB - Stephone Anthony, Bernardrick McKinney, Denzel Perryman, Paul Dawson
OL - Donovan Smith, AJ Cann, Jake Fisher, Cedric Ogbuehi, Laken Tomlinson
RB - Ameer Abdullah, Duke Johnson
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 06:05 PM   #7
Defensewins
Playmaker

Miami TE Clive Walford - big strong athletic TE that can block and catch. Former Basketball player with big hands.
Coming off a knee injury so he could drop to round 2-3 area. We need a big physical good at everything type TE. We do not have one. This is a big need.
Jordan Reed is a terrible blocker and very injury prone. He is a softy.
As much as I would love to draft a great ILB in round 2-3, TE is a bigger need and i like Miami TE Clive Walford. Looks like the real deal.
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 06:08 PM   #8
Irrefutable
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Cam Erving OT from FSU, this is who I want in the second...my second choice would be the Guard from Duke if Erving is gone.
Erving started the season at tackle, and was moved to center. I think NFL staff project him at center. He is good, but not an NFL tackle
Irrefutable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 06:20 PM   #9
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensewins View Post
Miami TE Clive Walford - big strong athletic TE that can block and catch. Former Basketball player with big hands.
Coming off a knee injury so he could drop to round 2-3 area. We need a big physical good at everything type TE. We do not have one. This is a big need.
As much as I would love to draft a great ILB in round 2-3, TE is a bigger need and i like Miami TE Clive Walford. Looks like the real deal.
Need? Did you say need? Watch your mouth around here! JoeRedskin might be provoked into washing out your mouth with soap.
Old 04-28-2015, 08:06 PM   #10
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensewins View Post
I'm in total 100% agreement with this. Reed is soft and doesn't seem to want to get down and dirty with blocking. Paul is willing but isn't strong enough. Paulson isn't enough of a receiving threat. We need to try and find a traditional TE that can handle NFL Lb's but can also catch as well.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 08:06 PM   #11
Defensewins
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
Need? Did you say need? Watch your mouth around here! JoeRedskin might be provoked into washing out your mouth with soap.
Ha!
Fortunately for me this is a situation where BPA and need meet. He is rated a 2nd rounder who is on the rise. He could possibly be gone when we make our second round selection.
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 12:59 AM   #12
53Fan
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irrefutable View Post
Erving started the season at tackle, and was moved to center. I think NFL staff project him at center. He is good, but not an NFL tackle
And he played well at center and has the size Scott M. likes. Of course if we had drafted Alex Mack instead of Owrakpo in 2009 who I said looked muscle bound and basically a muscle tear waiting to happen, we wouldn't need Erving for the type of offense we want to run. (Sorry, had to throw that in there. Where's Gtripp?) I like him at that spot and also Jake Fisher if he's available. He's quick, big, athletic, and led his conference, twice I think, in pancake blocks. I want our O-Line to punish people and have some quality depth for once in the last millennium.
Old 04-29-2015, 08:20 AM   #13
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

I watched some film on Cam Erving and I thought he was very impressive. He's very strong, especially in the lower body, and he's big enough to handle NT's. I'm thinking he may go sooner than many people think he will. Mike Mayock rated him the 26th best player in the draft and he looks like a first rounder to me, even as a center. I'd love to have him on our team but we may not get a shot to draft him.
Old 04-29-2015, 09:00 AM   #14
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Cam Erving is gonna be a steal where ever he lands...He is not only a grater, but a mauler.

The WR Lockett is a player who is gonna be better than a couple other WR who will be taken in the first. Im with skinsfan69, Id give him serious consideration. He is in the mold of badass playmaker...while I dont know if I would take him early in the second, if we moved down and didnt take Cooper/White in the first, id look at him late in second round or 3rd round.

He Gets Us
Old 04-29-2015, 09:04 AM   #15
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Denzel Perryman ILB is another guy Id consider along with Cam Erving and Laken Tomlison at 38. Perryman is gonna be really good.

He Gets Us