Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Looking ahead to the Eagles

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-04-2015, 11:29 AM   #106
30gut
Playmaker

Re: Looking ahead to the Eagles

Finally...the 3rd and 2 pass call--

I don't have a problem with the call itself. The concept and play design was sound just poorly executed. But that is the risk you take with a pass play in that situation. More has to go right for a pass play to work then a run play. There are reasons why passing is lower efficiency then running, passing failure rates are MUCH higher then runs.

And early in the game for a team that fancies itself a run team that was an opportunity to establish the run game.

Further historically the fact remains that we were better running the ball on 3rd and 2 or less then we are passing the ball; that was a fact last year. Now fast forward to this year. We have been improved OL and OL coach. And we were able to run the ball effectively against the Rams D and 8 man front and the Rams DL is better then the Giants. So for me the high efficiency play is to run the ball and we didn't and it failed.
30gut is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-04-2015, 11:41 AM   #107
30gut
Playmaker

It's was a low efficiency play call that could possibly have a higher yield then a run. But that 1st 3rd and 2 situation call more for efficiency then big yards.

To each theirs....

Anyhow cheers to a win today!
30gut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 04:30 PM   #108
DYoungJelly
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30gut View Post
I would hate it if you were OC. Lol, If a team wanted to stop your run game all they need to do is show you an 8 man box and you wouldn't even try.

You know how teams acclimate an fresh OL into the game? Run the ball. So I disagree completely with LeRib being in the game is a good reason to pass instead of run. I believe the exact opposite is true for most if not all coaches.
The first part isn't remotely close to what I posted.

The second part was but one of several considerations.

The Giants defensive coordinator agreed with you because he committed 9 guys to stop the run. (I'm counting the safety who ignored the receivers and was staring at our running back the whole play)

I agreed with a pass call on a single play where a great run defense showed before the snap they were selling out to stop the run and then did.

Nothing more.
DYoungJelly is offline   Reply With Quote