Falcons Pregame

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-08-2015, 03:17 PM   #46
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Re: Falcons Pregame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
My concern is our secondary and their passing game. We need to control the clock and score TD's instead of FG's. We can win, rattle Ryan.
That is THE biggest key for me. We can keep the ball away from them for 40+ minutes, and move the ball up and down the field, but if we get 3s instead of 6s, then we will lose.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-08-2015, 03:25 PM   #47
calia
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Good news, Per Keim:

Redskins coach Jay Gruden said an MRI showed no damage to Chris Culliver's left knee. Gruden said, "it's something he has to deal with from a pain standpoint." Gruden said he's not sure yet about his chances to play Sunday at Atlanta.
Good news, but if he's still sore, I hope that they sit him and hopefully he's 100% against the Jets). He was clearly not healthy last week and got torched for 2 TDs -- what do you think JJ will do to him?
Old 10-08-2015, 03:55 PM   #48
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

It's not the ideal situation, but I think you have to put Breeland on Julio, then go from there depending on the receiver sets. Julio has more than twice as many receptions as the next guy on that team. You simply can't afford to put someone on him that can't run with him.

Freeman out of the backfield as a receiver worries me more than Julio though...
Old 10-08-2015, 04:07 PM   #49
Bucket
Playmaker

Dont see us winning this game. A lot of things going against us. If we do win.. I expect Super Bowl predictions next week.
Bucket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 04:27 PM   #50
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

If it were here, I would say we have a shot. Matty Ice doesn't lose many home games.
Old 10-08-2015, 04:53 PM   #51
martytheman
Camp Scrub

my biggest fear for this game is that the birds will do what the giants did to minimize the pass rush by going to that quick/short passing game. I hope the dc doesn't fall into the trap of being afraid of getting beat deep and playing everyone so far off the ball to minimize the chance of getting beat deep that it opens up miles of underneath room for them to get 1st downs and chew up clock.
They did that against the giants in fear of getting beat by ODB, I'm afraid we will see the same thing this week. Zero or one sack by the defense because the short stuff is open, no turnovers forced and a runaway game.

HOPEFULLY they will play aggressive and force the birds to win the game, vs giving it to them an easy 5 to 8 yards at a time, which will result in a sure loss anyway.

To elaborate further, look at the cowgirls game. up 28-7 what do they do?
play prevent and lose the game.
I think we will start out playing prevent, especially with the depleted secondary. What that will do is give them long time consuming drives, make their running game look more credible than it is, and by the time they decide to change the plan because prevent isn't working, it will be too late.

Here's to hoping they prove me wrong!
martytheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 05:07 PM   #52
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by martytheman View Post
my biggest fear for this game is that the birds will do what the giants did to minimize the pass rush by going to that quick/short passing game. I hope the dc doesn't fall into the trap of being afraid of getting beat deep and playing everyone so far off the ball to minimize the chance of getting beat deep that it opens up miles of underneath room for them to get 1st downs and chew up clock.
They did that against the giants in fear of getting beat by ODB, I'm afraid we will see the same thing this week. Zero or one sack by the defense because the short stuff is open, no turnovers forced and a runaway game.

HOPEFULLY they will play aggressive and force the birds to win the game, vs giving it to them an easy 5 to 8 yards at a time, which will result in a sure loss anyway.
I'm ok with keeping everything in front of them, make ATL earn it all the way down the field...as long as we choke 'em out in the red zone and force FG attempts
Old 10-08-2015, 05:16 PM   #53
martytheman
Camp Scrub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
I'm ok with keeping everything in front of them, make ATL earn it all the way down the field...as long as we choke 'em out in the red zone and force FG attempts
The problem is, that plays right into the birds strength. Ryan is more than happy to throw short and fast and keep a clean jersey, Julio runs a ton of underneath stuff and can beat you just as badly with rac as he can over the top.
I really hope the redskins can start strong, chew up some clock and come away with td's instead of fg's. IF they can do that, I like their chances. Unfortunately recent history against that team suggests otherwise.
martytheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 05:26 PM   #54
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

I think the Redskins chances are on who plays and how effective the dinged up players are. Last Sunday Culliver was so ineffective I think Amerson could have played better (Did I really say that?). Sometimes a back-up at 100% is better than your starter at 80%. When I said back-up I know Amerson is gone to the Raiders.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 05:46 PM   #55
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Keys to the game are simple. Win the turnover battle and blitz the hell outta Ryan. Cannot give that guy time.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 07:09 PM   #56
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

I think this game gets played much like the Giants game, and with the same results. We just don't have the overall talent to beat dynamic receivers.

But if Breeland plays lights out on JJ then maybe the rest can put a solid outing together. Even so, I think we need 28 points minimum to beat them.

Final score
Was 22
Atl 42

Lets move on quickly.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 07:25 PM   #57
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I think this game gets played much like the Giants game, and with the same results. We just don't have the overall talent to beat dynamic receivers.

But if Breeland plays lights out on JJ then maybe the rest can put a solid outing together. Even so, I think we need 28 points minimum to beat them.

Final score

Was 22

Atl 42

Lets move on quickly.

This reminds me i forgot a very important key to the game. Run it down their effing throats like we are trying to hurt them and keep the ball outta their dang hands.
Old 10-08-2015, 07:27 PM   #58
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Playing keep away doesn't always work:

Colts vs. Dolphins - Game Recap - September 21, 2009 - ESPN
Old 10-08-2015, 07:32 PM   #59
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post

No but u didnt have to reference 2009 to find an exception. You could have referenced week one when we played the Fins. Lol
Obviously we have to not only run but move the chains and score. JC has to be the KC of last week. As in 0 int's!
Old 10-08-2015, 07:34 PM   #60
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
No but u didnt have to reference 2009 to find an exception. You could have referenced week one when we played the Fins. Lol
Obviously we have to not only run but move the chains and score. JC has to be the KC of last week. As in 0 int's!
That game always sticks in my mind. Colts had it for less than 15 minutes, and hey ran 35 plays to 84 for the Dolphins. and still won 27 - 23. It was a crazy game.