Welcome your Washington Commanders

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 02-02-2022, 11:59 AM   #136
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Welcome your Washington Commanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
Well, that does it for me. I was never a fan of the Commanders name.

A lot has transpired in the last 24 hours. Now we know that the Commanders were never a "finalist" in the names, it was chosen from almost day 1 of the new "search".

Jason Wright, who says that we couldn't use the name Red Wolves because of trademark issues, had no problem with taking the same name AND hash tag from the San Antonio Commanders, Semi-pro team. #takecommand

Dan still remains the owner no matter what, he is most likely a sex crimes king pin that will never see justice, couple all of that with the fact that we are putting lipstick on a pig. New uniforms, new logo / seal (with incorrect championship dates on it no less), and it is still going to be the same miserable fan experience - crumbling junky FedEx field that is only 25 - 50% full at any given time.

This is the farthest thing from the team I grew up with liking, for an organization that swore this rebranding would keep ties to the past and our heritage, of which this new name and scheme does nothing.

Twitter seems to be blowing up full of negatives and the horrible botch / hack job that this was. I honestly think this is the biggest F up in Sports History that I have ever saw, from the whole concept to the leaked unveiling at the very end.

I hope the mods let me stick around on some of the other threads / boards, I really have enjoyed talking to everyone over the years and I felt like I got along with mostly everyone.

But my Washington fandom is checking out after all of this. I've had a lot of ups and downs with this team, mostly downs, but still lots of good times! Thank you all from the bottom of my heart!
Snake, we will see you after the draft!

Advertisements
Old 02-02-2022, 12:02 PM   #137
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
I wear Skins hats all the time, mostly just hear an occasional nice hat from someone, that's about it. No fashion police knocking down my door. And I'll probably get a new Commanders hat if I see something I like.
https://fanatics.frgimages.com/FFIma...full.jpg&w=900

Love this
Old 02-02-2022, 12:04 PM   #138
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

https://fanatics.frgimages.com/FFIma...full.jpg&w=340

even this looks sharp IMO
Old 02-02-2022, 12:05 PM   #139
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:

But my Washington fandom is checking out after all of this. I've had a lot of ups and downs with this team, mostly downs, but still lots of good times! Thank you all from the bottom of my heart!
Cheers man.

I dont blame anyone for jumping ship. This ship sucks donkey ball sacks. Like a procession line of donkey after donkey presenting their balls for us to suck.

The 4 game win streak was fun and allowed us to flirt with the idea of the playoffs for a few weeks. Maybe next year we start out 3-1 before ending up sub .500. Hmmm sign me up for that 3-1 false hope donkey ball sack. Cleveland fans say its delicious, a little dusty though.

Being a fan of this team is a net negative. We have more unfun Sundays then fun Sundays.

Being a Caps fan rocks. They arent a top 5 team anymore but the win more than they lose, fun team to watch.

Sports are supposed to = fun. My 9 year old isnt watching bc its not fun. Its just her dad sitting on the couch yelling then walking around depressed for the rest of Sunday.

Winning = gameday get togethers and food, and fun. I have videos of the girls dressed up in skins gear singing Hail, huge food spreads, decorations ... that was ages ago.

Now its depressing. No one hosts Skins gameday parties anymore.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2022, 12:26 PM   #140
calia
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summo View Post
I love the burgundy face masks!

Completely agree. And the matte finish is cool too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-02-2022, 12:58 PM   #141
jamf
Pro Bowl

All single color for all 3?
These are Oregon Ducks uniforms in Burgundy and Gold.

I hate the W and the numbers on the white and black unis.
I like the burgundy unis.

I will not send Danny boy any money by purchasing Merch.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2022, 01:01 PM   #142
irish
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Love the Skins man, Nothing will ever replace that name and logo but I'm also open to new things. Commanders is solid, lets be honest its better than Defenders , Admirals , Redwolves , Redhogs, Football Team etc.
I dont think you are in the minority. You are right, the Redskins name is done and as part of this rebrand they couldn't just reconfigure the old uniforms, they had to look different and they do. Like I said in a previous post, the uniforms will develop over the next couple of years and get better. The Wizards and Nationals did it, WC can too.

Commanders is like iceberg lettuce. Its not great and doesn't suck. Its a decent name that everyone will get used to in a couple years.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2022, 01:10 PM   #143
jamf
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish View Post
Commanders is like iceberg lettuce. Its not great and doesn't suck. Its a decent name that everyone will get used to in a couple years.
Two years for iceberg lettuce.
This organization is more than content selling us mediocrity.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2022, 01:32 PM   #144
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
Two years for iceberg lettuce.
This organization is more than content selling us mediocrity.
Yeah it's kinda bland but what did u want? Like you personally?
Old 02-02-2022, 01:35 PM   #145
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

My son just said "U guys went from Redskins to the people who killed Redskins" LOL I laughed
Old 02-02-2022, 01:35 PM   #146
MTK
\m/

Thousands of fans = thousands of opinions, lots of them bad too. What sounds good to you might be shit to someone else, and vice versa. Commanders is just another name.
Old 02-02-2022, 01:38 PM   #147
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

OK Tell me these are not a top 10 Uniform?????
Old 02-02-2022, 01:41 PM   #148
MTK
\m/

Quote:

OK Tell me these are not a top 10 Uniform?????
The W on the front will take some getting used to. Everything else though, I'm digging it.
Old 02-02-2022, 01:42 PM   #149
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Yeah it's kinda bland but what did u want? Like you personally?
Washington Warhogs

SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2022, 01:46 PM   #150
Meks
Pro Bowl

Quote:

A lot has transpired in the last 24 hours. Now we know that the Commanders were never a "finalist" in the names, it was chosen from almost day 1 of the new "search".

Jason Wright, who says that we couldn't use the name Red Wolves because of trademark issues, had no problem with taking the same name AND hash tag from the San Antonio Commanders, Semi-pro team. #takecommand

Dan still remains the owner no matter what, he is most likely a sex crimes king pin that will never see justice, couple all of that with the fact that we are putting lipstick on a pig. New uniforms, new logo / seal (with incorrect championship dates on it no less), and it is still going to be the same miserable fan experience - crumbling junky FedEx field that is only 25 - 50% full at any given time.

This is the farthest thing from the team I grew up with liking, for an organization that swore this rebranding would keep ties to the past and our heritage, of which this new name and scheme does nothing.

Twitter seems to be blowing up full of negatives and the horrible botch / hack job that this was. I honestly think this is the biggest F up in Sports History that I have ever saw, from the whole concept to the leaked unveiling at the very end.

I hope the mods let me stick around on some of the other threads / boards, I really have enjoyed talking to everyone over the years and I felt like I got along with mostly everyone.

Sorry to hear but happy for ya if you're happy.

Welcome anytime, I'm sure.
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote