Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Board Management > Thread Hell

WTF??DeAngelo hall continues to get dumped on.....

Thread Hell

Old 12-06-2008, 10:57 PM   #46
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Re: WTF??DeAngelo hall continues to get dumped on.....

If he can grow up and stick to playing a clean game without stupid personal fouls and show boating then maybe. I'm still not convinced on him.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth

Advertisements
Old 12-07-2008, 12:10 AM   #47
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
If he can grow up and stick to playing a clean game without stupid personal fouls and show boating then maybe. I'm still not convinced on him.
Since being with the Skins he's had 1 late hit call. Showboating.. I haven't seen any evidence of.

History doesn't always predict the future. I suspect the staff will make sure Hall stays in line.

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
Old 12-07-2008, 01:05 AM   #48
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
Since being with the Skins he's had 1 late hit call. Showboating.. I haven't seen any evidence of.

History doesn't always predict the future. I suspect the staff will make sure Hall stays in line.
He's only been with 'em for a couple weeks. and the 1 penalty was surely uncalled for. I like him, I hope he can find the self control, but like others have said, I just don't want the FO breaking the bank for him.
I saw the one INT that Springs blocked, and after shaking his head he went over and help Springs up. I think that is as positive, as the penalty was negative.
Old 12-07-2008, 01:08 AM   #49
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
He's only been with 'em for a couple weeks. and the 1 penalty was surely uncalled for. I like him, I hope he can find the self control, but like others have said, I just don't want the FO breaking the bank for him.
I saw the one INT that Springs blocked, and after shaking his head he went over and help Springs up. I think that is as positive, as the penalty was negative.
But still you have to consider how many plays are called in a game. Given the chance a guy could commit a personal foul on every play if he so desired. I think Hall just got too emotional on one play and wasn't using his head. Water under the bridge. Besides, it's not like that one play caused the Skins to lose the game.

If that the case, why not make a case for Moss actually SWINGING at a guy during the Seahawks game?

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
Old 12-07-2008, 01:11 AM   #50
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
But still you have to consider how many plays are called in a game. Given the chance a guy could commit a personal foul on every play if he so desired. I think Hall just got too emotional on one play and wasn't using his head. Water under the bridge. Besides, it's not like that one play caused the Skins to lose the game.

If that the case, why not make a case for Moss actually SWINGING at a guy during the Seahawks game?
Yeah, but Moss Rocks so I forgave him as soon as it happened. LOL
Old 12-07-2008, 01:23 AM   #51
hooskins
Most Interesting Man in the World

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
I agree that Hall brings things to the table that Smoot does not.

But the bold part is the key here: does that sound like the Redskins to you? Letting a marketable athlete go because he wants more money than his play on the field dicates he should get?

Hall is worth way more to Snyder in terms of $ than he's worth on the field. Ideally, DeAngelo Hall would be our nickelback, sell a bunch of jerseys, and return kicks for us. Realistically, he's our often toasted second corner of the future.
he was actually back on one punt, dont remember what game, but he let an obvious fair catch end up downing within the 5.

Bad way to start off.
Old 12-07-2008, 02:42 AM   #52
Defensewins
Playmaker

I can not believe this thread is still kicking. We gave up a second round pick and paid J. Taylor $8.5M this year for:

Jason Taylor 14 tackles and 1 sack....

and you have the audacity to complain about DeAngelo Hall getting league minimum: he has kept his mouth shut and stayed out of trouble. Honestly you guys putting down Hall sound like a bunch of bitches.
Old 12-07-2008, 02:51 AM   #53
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensewins View Post
I can not believe this thread is still kicking. We gave up a second round pick and paid J. Taylor $8.5M this year for:

and you have the audacity to complain about DeAngelo Hall getting league minimum: he has kept his mouth shut and stayed out of trouble. Honestly you guys putting down Hall sound like a bunch of bitches.
bada bing
Old 12-07-2008, 08:13 AM   #54
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:

he has kept his mouth shut and stayed out of trouble.

.........that you know of
Old 12-07-2008, 10:00 AM   #55
over the mountain
Playmaker

Quote:

I think the conversation is about whether to sign hall after this season, and if so, how much?

at seasons end we'll start to hear about the ball park numbers to resign hall. im just guessing but id expect him to want a long term deal something similar to the 7 YEAR $70,000,000.00 contract he signed in oakland. i hope he doesnt have the audacity to demand such a figure but he might.

id offer him 3 years, 12 mil salary with a 5 mil or so signing bonus which is still a good bit of change. i could see the skins offering him their standard backloaded longterm contract; something like 5 - 7 years at 30 - 40 mil with a 10 mil signing bonus but his salary the first 3 years would be in the 3-5 mil range greatly escalating to 7-10 mil salary at the backend which he would never see b/c he would be cut or traded by then or (if he worked out) would be asked to restructure.

the hall resigning should be interesting to follow in the offseason, hopefully danny and vinny dont think a few ints makes the guy indispensable.

go skins!!!! i hope our D stomps a mud hole in flacco!!
Old 12-07-2008, 06:34 PM   #56
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
the people jumping all over Hall's coverage skills amaze me. alot of them are the same people that wanted Fred Smoot back. Hall isn't a top tier corner.but he is a huge upgrade over Smoot. and Springs is just down right undependable. i say keep him, at a reasonable price. if he wants more then that, goodbye
you remember those exact people a few years later?
Old 12-07-2008, 10:54 PM   #57
NIKNIK_28

Smile Re: WTF??DeAngelo hall continues to get dumped on.....

As I was saying...............dude continues to shine for us yet again! Good fumble recovery D " Hawk"! I love all you haters...
Old 12-07-2008, 11:06 PM   #58
vallin21
The Starter

D hall is doing great proving all you "idiots" wrong
Old 12-07-2008, 11:17 PM   #59
NIKNIK_28

Talking Re: WTF??DeAngelo hall continues to get dumped on.....

How is he doing that? By being a ball hawk and getting turnovers again and again......oh yea, and we are the idiots! You jackoff
Old 12-07-2008, 11:20 PM   #60
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIKNIK_28 View Post
How is he doing that? By being a ball hawk and getting turnovers again and again......oh yea, and we are the idiots! You jackoff
Are you done yet?