Mail-In Balloting

Debating with the enemy

Old 10-13-2020, 12:45 AM   #31
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Re: Mail-In Balloting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
Like I said before I'm voting in person, then we go out for breakfast.
Something special about voting in person. Unless its illegal, I will vote in person every time until I die (unless there is just absolutely no way I can physically get there). Hope you have a great breakfast that day. 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-13-2020, 10:50 AM   #32
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Something special about voting in person. Unless its illegal, I will vote in person every time until I die (unless there is just absolutely no way I can physically get there). Hope you have a great breakfast that day. 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸
Thanks.
Old 10-13-2020, 10:56 AM   #33
Giantone
Gamebreaker

news.yahoo.com/california-election-officials-denounce-state-gops-fake-ballot-collection-boxes-183436649.html

California's Republican Party Told To Remove Its Unofficial Vote-By-Mail Collection Boxes

California’s attorney general and secretary of state told Republicans on Monday to knock it off after election officials reported that the state party had been breaking the law by placing makeshift, unauthorized ballot dropoff boxes around the state and falsely labeling them “official.”

Following reports of the mysterious ballot collection boxes on Sunday, the chief of California’s elections division released a statement saying “the use of unauthorized, non-official vote-by-mail ballot drop boxes does not comply with state law governing ballot collection activities.
Old 10-13-2020, 12:34 PM   #34
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Speaking of voting, I come home today (been staying at a friends most nights) and my mail is literally nothing but people telling me who and what I should vote for.

Might vote Kristin Gaspar solely for being a smokeshow lol.
Old 10-17-2020, 05:27 PM   #35
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Why am I not surprised.

https://news.yahoo.com/ohio-printing...141518596.html

In Ohio, a Printing Company Is Overwhelmed, and Mail Ballots Are Delayed

Midwest Direct is owned by two brothers: Richard Gebbie, the chief executive, and James Gebbie, the chair. This summer they began flying a Trump 2020 flag above Midwest Direct’s headquarters on the west side of Cleveland. It was a curious juxtaposition — a company in the business of distributing absentee ballots through the mail showing a preference for a president who has spent months denigrating the practice of voting by mail.

As the presidential election headed into the final stretch in late summer, counties in Ohio and Pennsylvania worried that a deluge of absentee ballot requests would swamp their printing capacity. So dozens of them contracted with Midwest Direct, a Cleveland mailing company.

But when it came time to print and ship Ohio ballots early last week, it was Midwest Direct that was overwhelmed. Several Ohio counties that expected absentee ballots printed by the company to land in voters’ mailboxes are now scrambling to print them themselves or find a last-minute contingency plan less than three weeks before Election Day.

In Pennsylvania, for instance, nearly 30,000 ballots sent to voters in Allegheny County, which includes Pittsburgh, went to the wrong addresses.

The counties had provided the company with lists of tens of thousands of requests weeks in advance. The company’s inability to meet demand has underscored the stress that mail voting has put on the nation’s election process as the coronavirus pandemic curtails in-person voting. Midwest Direct is the primary outside provider of absentee ballots for 16 Ohio counties, though many also have their own in-house operations
Old 11-02-2020, 04:32 PM   #36
SunnySide
Playmaker

lol my mail in ballot has been sitting in my car for a week plus now.

im going to drop it off to drop box tonight
Old 11-02-2020, 04:44 PM   #37
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Sent mine in. Other than the intense amount of personal information the state used to verify I am who I say I am it was a comfortable process. Received a confirmation email when it was delivered and then a confirmation email that it was received for processing. Looks like you will be able to follow its processing which is pretty nice.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 05:00 PM   #38
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

I have a question (a morbid one I admit), and I am curious if anybody knows the procedure in place (I assume there is one). I voted early at a polling place. If I were to die before tomorrow, would my ballot count? Same question for mail in ballots.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 06:09 PM   #39
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I have a question (a morbid one I admit), and I am curious if anybody knows the procedure in place (I assume there is one). I voted early at a polling place. If I were to die before tomorrow, would my ballot count? Same question for mail in ballots.
Yes, you were alive when you filled it out and mailed it, weren't you?
Old 11-02-2020, 06:16 PM   #40
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Yes, you were alive when you filled it out and mailed it, weren't you?
That makes sense, but since I am not on the date of the vote, in the hypothetical, I wondered if that's something thats checked.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Old 11-02-2020, 06:25 PM   #41
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
That makes sense, but since I am not on the date of the vote, in the hypothetical, I wondered if that's something thats checked.

Pretty sure it's the same thing if a candidate on the ballot dies but wins the election . It counts.
Old 11-02-2020, 06:28 PM   #42
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Democrats aren't required to actually be alive to vote at anytime of the process.

Sorry, couldn't help myself there lol.
Old 11-02-2020, 06:32 PM   #43
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Pretty sure it's the same thing if a candidate on the ballot dies but wins the election . It counts.
Gotcha