We Want Vick!

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 08-28-2009, 10:36 AM   #16
dmek25
MVP

Re: We Want Vick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
I think he'll mind his Ps and Qs pretty well. He is looking to cash in so he has to be good both playing and behavior wise. The problem that exists is that Philly fans make Redskins fans look reasoned and focused. The implosion that is coming is going to be from the OTHER QB. If McNabb thought it was bad after they drafted Kolb and everyone decided his days were numbered, just wait. Now they have a potentially dynamic offensive weapon who has happened to win games playing the QB position before. That plus neurotic fans, and a thin-skinned attitude could b pretty caustic. Of course they could simply play well and everything would be fine but one hint of underachieving and the whole deal could get pretty ugly.
i agree with buster. the implosion coming from within. not Vick, but the big baby McNabb.

Advertisements
Old 08-28-2009, 10:37 AM   #17
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
When I was 10 years old, I was asking "wtf is Jay Schroeder doing?"
I can't believe we have people here named after Schroeder and Frerotte.

What's next... Friesz fan?
Old 08-28-2009, 10:54 AM   #18
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
I can't believe we have people here named after Schroeder and Frerotte.

What's next... Friesz fan?
IP ban if Heath Shuler shows up. I was just explaining to my wife how he ruined our lives for a few years when she saw his jersey when browsing for Skins items on eBay for our son.
Old 08-28-2009, 10:55 AM   #19
Jay Schroeder
Special Teams

haha....I know Schroeder sucked.....who gives a shit about a screen name though...

I think your just salty that I stated an opinion on JC and you seem to ride his package
Jay Schroeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 10:57 AM   #20
mredskins
MVP

Vick goes 4/4 in a pre-season game and he is basically crowned MVP for the season by the media. Good lord the media loves to build them up then tear them down again. For Vick this has happened many times.
Old 08-28-2009, 11:02 AM   #21
mredskins
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
IP ban if Heath Shuler shows up. I was just explaining to my wife how he ruined our lives for a few years when she saw his jersey when browsing for Skins items on eBay for our son.

I still wear his jersey to games. People get the biggest kick out of it. I always say hey I just want to show I have not been around just for the good times, though there has not been many good times since 91.

Good bless the Skins fan who came on board after say 95 and is still a fan. I at least can remeber back in my spank bank to the SB wins when times are really though. What do the post 95 fan hang on to? The B-Mitch run back in the Tampa Bay playoff game?
Old 08-28-2009, 11:03 AM   #22
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Schroeder View Post
haha....I know Schroeder sucked.....who gives a shit about a screen name though...

I think your just salty that I stated an opinion on JC and you seem to ride his package
Well it represents who you are on the board, so are you saying you suck too?? Just find it odd to name yourself after a mediocre QB, and one that his teammates generally hated.

As for your comments on JC I could care less. I don't keep track of who says what, nor am I that petty to rag on you based on your opinion. Again, I'm not keeping score.
Old 08-28-2009, 11:05 AM   #23
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Well it represents who you are on the board, so are you saying you suck too?? Just find it odd to name yourself after a mediocre QB, and one that his teammates generally hated.

As for your comments on JC I could care less. I don't keep track of who says what, nor am I that petty to rag on you based on your opinion. Again, I'm not keeping score.
Matty 1 Jay Schroeder 0
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 11:08 AM   #24
Jay Schroeder
Special Teams

touche

Yeah...Im saying I suck...I have total self loathing issues...

the name does get me nostalgic for the first Gibbs era in general...I guess the choice may have been a half assed attempt at showing that...

but in Schroeders defense...he showed the same level of talent that Campbell has thus far
Jay Schroeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 11:10 AM   #25
tdSKINS1
Impact Rookie

Despite what a lot of you all said earlier about my threads about Vick the Eagles got a steal here. He is an incredible athlete and is still very capable of being a starter in this league. Can anyone sit here and tell me the 49'rs, the Browns, the Bills, the Bucs, i could go on have better QB's then Vick. I have said it from the beginningt that we should have got him when he was available. We talk about Colt Brennan and Chase Daniels and even Todd Collins being back ups.. when Mike could have came in and could have been a solid if not great back up to Jason immediately.
#21 Never Forget
HOKIES!
tdSKINS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 11:11 AM   #26
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Cut Campbell and bring back Heath Shuler!
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 11:14 AM   #27
Skinny Tee
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
Vick goes 4/4 in a pre-season game and he is basically crowned MVP for the season by the media. Good lord the media loves to build them up then tear them down again. For Vick this has happened many times.
And 2 of those throws were option shuffle passes to RB's and the third was a screen pass. Hardly the stat I thought it was when I saw it previewed on FOX's Thursday night game.

I still contend that he is going to be in no shape to be able to recapture his previous breakaway speed and agility.

D Mac and the eagles are talking about keeping D-Coor's up at night with Vick in the lineup...Please...Vick has to reprove himself before I would start losing sleep over him being in the lineup.

I know what he used to do but what can he do now...He's not suiting up to play games on ESPN Classic.
Old 08-28-2009, 11:20 AM   #28
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Not to highjack this but I always wondered why Vick never became a real good passer. He's got that great release, kind of like a quick flick of the wrist and the ball gets there in a hurry. Always throws a spiral... like Warren Moon did. Maybe it was his work ethic.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 11:21 AM   #29
mredskins
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Tee View Post
And 2 of those throws were option shuffle passes to RB's and the third was a screen pass. Hardly the stat I thought it was when I saw it previewed on FOX's Thursday night game.

I still contend that he is going to be in no shape to be able to recapture his previous breakaway speed and agility.

D Mac and the eagles are talking about keeping D-Coor's up at night with Vick in the lineup...Please...Vick has to reprove himself before I would start losing sleep over him being in the lineup.

I know what he used to do but what can he do now...He's not suiting up to play games on ESPN Classic.
I agree and I was watching that games as well. It was like breaking news! Good lord.

Quick question to folks who watched that game in HD. Did you feel like the picture was skipping a bit when the game was in play? It did it on both my HD TV's. Really weird.
Old 08-28-2009, 11:22 AM   #30
BringBackJoeT
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
i agree with buster. the implosion coming from within. not Vick, but the big baby McNabb.
. . . thus creating the possibility that Vick might actually look like the sympathetic character when it's all said and done. Good lord.
BringBackJoeT is offline   Reply With Quote