Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

If I were G.M.

Locker Room Main Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-25-2004, 02:14 PM   #1
skins009
Impact Rookie

If I were G.M.

I must say guys I think this offseason other that bringing Gibbs in and our great coaching staff, was a major disappointment in terms of our personal moves. Again we craped away our draft picks and over payed big time for players. Thats gonna break the team up in two years.

First move, get rid of Champs ass. They were right to trade champ away, but denver def. got the better deal out of it. And we really gave Portis to much money. Here's what I would have done. One of the trade offers I believe we we got from the Jets was Shaun Ellis and the 12th pick. I would have taken that deal for sure. That would give us a great up and coming d-linemen that is coming off of a 12.5 sack year and is great against the run.

Second move, not trading for brunnel. We again could have gotten this guy for much cheaper by just waiting for the jaguars to release him and outbidding people. Plus look at the other list of vetern quaterbacks we could have had for half the price: Jeff Garcia, Tim Couch, Kurt Warner. Ramsey is clearly our future we didn't need to do this.

Free agency: I love the signing of Marcus Washington. I would have signed Robaire Smith over Corn. Griffen, who we again gave way to much money for. Just look at the numbers Smith: sacks 4.5, tackles 35 Griffen: 1 sack
I also would have signed Ahmed Plummer over shuan Springs. He is younger and would have cost a lot less. This way we would actually have the money to resign Smoot.

Draft.
1. Sean Tayler Love this pick, guy is gonna change the game
12. Stephan Jackson Gives a young star running back, who can pound it inside
51. Antwan Odom Gives us a young pass rusher with great potential
3 rd. pick Randy Starks Gives us a great steal at DT. The thing scouts forgot about this guy is that he was the youngest player in the draft, and is really gonna improve.
5. Chris Cooley.

As you can see my moves actually solve our biggest problem from last year, the d-line. Our strong draft gives us some young talent which were gonna be able to keep together. Plus is much more fincially beneficial to build through the draft.
skins009 is offline   Reply With Quote