Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

McNabb a REDSKIN!

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: Donovan McNabb is now a Redskin, do you approve?
Yes 65 72.22%
No 25 27.78%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2010, 09:02 AM   #766
MTK
\m/

Re: McNabb a REDSKIN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
I'll agree with you mentally he's alot better then JC. He's less mobile then JC right now though. Pick your poison.

Lastly, Why did JC put up similar numbers if he's not a good, not as smart, worse OL, bad HC, and a very bad scheme? All I'm saying is take the whole picture in and look at it. Don't simply look at the fact that McNabb will be a HOF. McNabb was a franchise with the Eagles. McNabb used to be mobile. McNabb put up numbers.... but with better situation not that much better then JC for being 10 times better. I just feel we are getting rooked again. We just got snookered by Andy Reid. Jason Taylor ring a bell? I just hope after this year McNabb does not go back to the Eagles.
Last year JC played 16 games, DM played 14. So if you projected out DM's numbers to 16 games we're talking about him throwing for 4060 yards and 25 TDs. The numbers aren't so comparable then.

DM's QB rating was also much higher.

Advertisements
Old 04-05-2010, 09:02 AM   #767
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
So would you rather have Kolb or McNabb as your opening day starter with the Redskins?
I guess I'd prefer Kolb. LOL. Young, healthy, and would be starting for years to come in order to build and grow into the scheme we are planning to use.
Old 04-05-2010, 09:02 AM   #768
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
I'll agree with you mentally he's alot better then JC. He's less mobile then JC right now though. Pick your poison.

Lastly, Why did JC put up similar numbers if he's not a good, not as smart, worse OL, bad HC, and a very bad scheme? All I'm saying is take the whole picture in and look at it. Don't simply look at the fact that McNabb will be a HOF. McNabb was a franchise with the Eagles. McNabb used to be mobile. McNabb put up numbers.... but with better situation not that much better then JC for being 10 times better. I just feel we are getting rooked again. We just got snookered by Andy Reid. Jason Taylor ring a bell? I just hope after this year McNabb does not go back to the Eagles.
I think JC is what he is. Simply an average servicable QB that needs everything around him to be working well in order to be successful. McNabb doesn't need that. Plus Jason Taylor was not in the prime of his career and we asked him to play out of position...and QB is a much more important position than DE.
Old 04-05-2010, 09:04 AM   #769
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
So would you rather have Kolb or McNabb as your opening day starter with the Redskins?
That's a good question. I haven't seen as much of Kolb as I have McNabb, and if we're basing this on what we know (career resumes) I would have to take McNabb.
Old 04-05-2010, 09:05 AM   #770
warpaint
The Starter

Quote:
I'll agree with you mentally he's alot better then JC. He's less mobile then JC right now though. Pick your poison
But JC is scared to take off and run and he takes to long to pull the trigger. I'll take McNabb
Old 04-05-2010, 09:05 AM   #771
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
I think JC is what he is. Simply an average servicable QB that needs everything around him to be working well in order to be successful. McNabb doesn't need that. Plus Jason Taylor was not in the prime of his career and we asked him to play out of position...and QB is a much more important position than DE.
Yeah the comparison to Jason Taylor doesn't make much sense. Two completely different situations.
Old 04-05-2010, 09:06 AM   #772
diehard
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
At least McNabb has been there, done that. JC hasn't even been able to lead a team to the playoffs yet. Not saying that's totally his fault because it's not. But with Shanahan and McNabb, you have to feel much better about that vs. Zorn and Campbell.
Right. Been there, done that... but, won't do much else. Any fan of a NFC East team knows McNabb choked when he had the chance to win the SB. PHI fans have even seen enough of what McNabb can do. Why love this move? Why even bring up Zorn? Isn't Campbell better with Shanahan?
Old 04-05-2010, 09:07 AM   #773
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Quote:
Last year JC played 16 games, DM played 14. So if you projected out DM's numbers to 16 games we're talking about him throwing for 4060 yards and 25 TDs. The numbers aren't so comparable then.

DM's QB rating was also much higher.
I'm not sure I'd call 5 more TD's a huge difference. Making up numbers is speculation. McNabb plays a good team he might not have gotten the numbers, he plays a bad team he throws up more. But I'll give you the fact that your giving McNabb close to 200 yrds for each game.

Chalk me up to a Skeptic of this move. Hope it works out but would rather have had a Drafted Qb for our future.
Old 04-05-2010, 09:08 AM   #774
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
I'm argueing that McNabb's not in his prime either. After two injury plagued yrs he's not the same QB.
Old 04-05-2010, 09:09 AM   #775
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehard View Post
Right. Been there, done that... but, won't do much else. Any fan of a NFC East team knows McNabb choked when he had the chance to win the SB. PHI fans have even seen enough of what McNabb can do. Why love this move? Why even bring up Zorn? Isn't Campbell better with Shanahan?
Shanahan obviously didn't think so.
Old 04-05-2010, 09:10 AM   #776
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Quote:
Yeah the comparison to Jason Taylor doesn't make much sense. Two completely different situations.
How is it completely different? Both were old players. Both we gave up draft picks for. One didn't live up to his resume and went back to a team we gave draft picks for. I just hope it doesn't happen again.
Old 04-05-2010, 09:10 AM   #777
mredskins
MVP

Quote:
That's a good question. I haven't seen as much of Kolb as I have McNabb, and if we're basing this on what we know (career resumes) I would have to take McNabb.

Fair enough and I agree, I would be doing back flips right now if say we were a playoff team last year or a bubble team at least but since we were so bad I don't see how McNabb gets us over the top (over the top to me is playoffs with a decent run in them, not necessarily SB champs).

Here is my one glimmer of hope. that Mike S. and company came in saw this team and realize they can do great stuff if you tweak a few key positions. From what it has sound like from last year it was just a complete mountie. So maybe the skins will have an about face this year. NFL is the best league to go worst to first in.
Old 04-05-2010, 09:13 AM   #778
MTK
\m/

Quote:
I'm argueing that McNabb's not in his prime either. After two injury plagued yrs he's not the same QB.
You keep harping on the injuries but those 2 injury filled seasons were in 2005 and 2006.

In the 3 seasons since then he's throw for 10,793 yards, 64 TDs, and 28 INTs.

He just posted a 92.9 QB rating last year, the 3rd best single season rating in his career.

Are we talking about the same guy?
Old 04-05-2010, 09:13 AM   #779
warpaint
The Starter

Quote:
Shanahan obviously didn't think so.
And no other team is trying to make a move for JC. There were alot of times last year when JC just stunk it up.
Old 04-05-2010, 09:14 AM   #780
irish
Playmaker

Quote:
DM isnt in his prime anymore and anyone that watches football knows that. Shanny knows JC doesnt have it and doesnt want to waste time trying so they have decided to move on. It will be interesting to see how many games DM plays without getting hurt but it wont be 16.
Closed Thread