Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Buyers, Sellers, Both, or Neither?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-29-2020, 05:02 PM   #46
SunnySide
Playmaker

Re: Buyers, Sellers, Both, or Neither?

I did not see Darnold being this bad. I thought he was going to at least be a 10-15 rank QB like Matt Stafford/Carson Palmer type.

Advertisements
Old 10-29-2020, 06:09 PM   #47
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Darnold would be a hard pass from me. Why would the Jets make that move anyway?

To assure themselves Lawrence....
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 06:13 PM   #48
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

The Jets are 100% taking Lawrence so they could care less about Darnold
Old 10-29-2020, 07:20 PM   #49
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
The Jets are 100% taking Lawrence so they could care less about Darnold

But leaving Darnold in over say Haskins makes them better. They could play the “we have seen enough of Sam and want to see about DH card” but really it would be a straight tank.
There are some 1 loss teams that are really bad, and going winless isn’t as easy as it sounds. Lol. They wanna assure the first pick , make that trade. If DH couldn’t win with us he aint winning with the Jets...
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 09:35 PM   #50
rocnrik
Playmaker

There are those who think Haskins got a raw deal here and has had no support and will thrive elsewhere.. so if that’s the case then why can’t the same be said for Darnold? If we win 5-6 games we are not gonna get a high pick QB .. I’m not sure RR wants to go that route anyway .. so at that point we draft OL,WR, TE and bring in somebody like Darnold to compete with Kyle .. my plan was to lose out and draft Lawrence .. this team may catch a spark and surprise us .. 6 more wins and we can win division ..
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 01:05 AM   #51
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocnrik View Post
There are those who think Haskins got a raw deal here and has had no support and will thrive elsewhere.. so if that’s the case then why can’t the same be said for Darnold? If we win 5-6 games we are not gonna get a high pick QB .. I’m not sure RR wants to go that route anyway .. so at that point we draft OL,WR, TE and bring in somebody like Darnold to compete with Kyle .. my plan was to lose out and draft Lawrence .. this team may catch a spark and surprise us .. 6 more wins and we can win division ..
I'd trade Haskins and the worse of our 2 3rd round picks, and take a flier on Darnold. Haskins is done here. That ship has sailed. At this point Haskins isn't an asset of any kind. Basically it would be the pick we got for Trent for a flier on Darnold.

I'd also be perfectly happy keeping all the picks and getting a bunch of young cheap contracts.

Basically, at most I'd trade our 2nd 3rd round pick for Darnold, and if that's not the best option for the Jets, we keep all of our current picks.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 05:37 AM   #52
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
I'd trade Haskins and the worse of our 2 3rd round picks, and take a flier on Darnold. Haskins is done here. That ship has sailed. At this point Haskins isn't an asset of any kind. Basically it would be the pick we got for Trent for a flier on Darnold.

I'd also be perfectly happy keeping all the picks and getting a bunch of young cheap contracts.

Basically, at most I'd trade our 2nd 3rd round pick for Darnold, and if that's not the best option for the Jets, we keep all of our current picks.
You would trade a 3rd rounder Darnold?

sfok, normally I respect your football opinions, but you're smoking crack on this one. Why give up a 3rd rounder now when you can get him for nothing in the offseason?
Old 10-30-2020, 06:32 AM   #53
AnonEmouse
The Starter

I agree with Mooby; as I posted earlier a straight swap makes sense for WFT, but a pick doesn't as he wouldn't offer enough mid season to be value for it. Its not like he'd make us SB contenders over night, given our other big gaps.
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 09:22 AM   #54
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
It would be a no brainer...Darnold needs a change of scenery
They both do. I'd do this as a one-for-one deal.

We could maybe salvage some value from that draft picks we used for Haskins...and the Jets could start him and GUARANTEE they get Trevor.
Old 10-30-2020, 09:35 AM   #55
GridIron26
Playmaker

Maybe I'm just overthinking about Rivera's statement but it seems like the team is planning on keeping Kerrigan in his current role for next few years? I wouldn't oppose this move, unless someone comes in with an amazing offer for Kerrigan which is unlikely. Kerrigan has been pretty much a great player since day 1 and he has great work ethics, which should rub off onto Young and Sweat.
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 10:14 AM   #56
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by GridIron26 View Post
Maybe I'm just overthinking about Rivera's statement but it seems like the team is planning on keeping Kerrigan in his current role for next few years? I wouldn't oppose this move, unless someone comes in with an amazing offer for Kerrigan which is unlikely. Kerrigan has been pretty much a great player since day 1 and he has great work ethics, which should rub off onto Young and Sweat.
Keep him or trade him for a great offer, either way I'm happy. It's a bonus having a quality vet like Kerrigan as a backup who can still get snaps and even be prepared in case of injury. And to not have any ego about being the backup? That's a coach's dream.
Old 10-30-2020, 10:30 AM   #57
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by GridIron26 View Post
That is what he's supposed to say. I think Kerrigan and Anderson are on the trading block though - if they get the right offer(s). Just as most of us expected.

https://sportzbonanza.com/washington...ble-for-trade/
Chief X_Phackter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 11:46 AM   #58
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
You would trade a 3rd rounder Darnold?

sfok, normally I respect your football opinions, but you're smoking crack on this one. Why give up a 3rd rounder now when you can get him for nothing in the offseason?
There is no guarantee you can get him for nothing. Yeah, I'd trade a mid to late 3rd rounder, for a potential young QB.

I'm not saying they have to or should make that trade, but I'd be OK with it if they did make that trade. Anything more than that is a hard pass.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 11:56 AM   #59
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
To assure themselves Lawrence....
Ok but why would they want Haskins?

I don't see Haskins having much trade value. I'm sure someone will give him a shot as a free agent, but in a trade especially to a team like the Jets that is going to be blowing up their coaching staff after the season? Again, makes zero sense.
Old 10-30-2020, 11:59 AM   #60
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
There is no guarantee you can get him for nothing. Yeah, I'd trade a mid to late 3rd rounder, for a potential young QB.

I'm not saying they have to or should make that trade, but I'd be OK with it if they did make that trade. Anything more than that is a hard pass.
I'd rather them take their chances on a young QB in the 2021 draft.
Chief X_Phackter is online now   Reply With Quote