Reuben Foster carted off with apparent leg injury

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 05-23-2019, 11:36 AM   #76
GridIron26
Playmaker

Re: Reuben Foster carted off with apparent leg injury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
well, London Fletcher isn't walking through the door. We drafted young guys to develop at ILB, time is here to put up Harvey-Clemons, Hamilton and Rook
Absolutely! I hope Hamilton will develop well this year, but he has injury history so I'm not going to hold my breath on this one. I can see Redskins alternating between Bostic and Harvey-Clemons later in the season if Hamilton gets injured or doesn't work out as expected. I really like what Harvey-Clemons brings on the field but I am not sure if he will be able to take on a role to play 3 downs full time.
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 05-23-2019, 11:37 AM   #77
jamf
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by DYoungJelly View Post
What has Gruden done or not done that you disagree with regarding injuries?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I don't think practices are physical enough and I don't think players get enough contact when coming back from injuries.

Team practices and hitting are regulated by the NFL but I don't think Gruden maximizes the time he does have in camp and coddles the the players too much. I didn't care for Marty Schottenheimers Oklahoma drills when he was coach but at some point in camp and during the year you have to get the players used to hitting and being hit.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 11:43 AM   #78
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Anyone but fuckin' Mason Foster. I can't watch that crap again.
Zach Brown and Rueben Foster gone....expect a heavy dose of your boy. You might as well get a Mason Foster jersey and learn to love it.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 11:43 AM   #79
los panda
Pro Bowl

Bostic has never forced a fumble in his NFL career but he did have 1 int in his rookie season 6 years ago, so there's that.

Sent from a payphone using Tapatalk
Old 05-23-2019, 11:44 AM   #80
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
I don't think practices are physical enough and I don't think players get enough contact when coming back from injuries.

Team practices and hitting are regulated by the NFL but I don't think Gruden maximizes the time he does have in camp and coddles the the players too much. I didn't care for Marty Schottenheimers Oklahoma drills when he was coach but at some point in camp and during the year you have to get the players used to hitting and being hit.
Don't worry...like in other aspects of society, we are progressing soft: http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...a-drill-others

NFL asks teams to stop Oklahoma drill

He Gets Us
Old 05-23-2019, 11:57 AM   #81
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Don't worry...like in other aspects of society, we are progressing soft: http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...a-drill-others

NFL asks teams to stop Oklahoma drill
damn pussies and their concussions ruined the game
Old 05-23-2019, 12:03 PM   #82
MTK
\m/

Just asking here, but is there any proof that more hitting = less injuries?? Seems counterintuitive if you ask me.
Old 05-23-2019, 12:18 PM   #83
GridIron26
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Just asking here, but is there any proof that more hitting = less injuries?? Seems counterintuitive if you ask me.
Come on you should know this already, it's called alternative facts!
Old 05-23-2019, 12:30 PM   #84
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
So this complaint ive heard most from players and some coaches (which are mostly ex-players)....but yeah, you would think. but they the experts

He Gets Us
Old 05-23-2019, 12:55 PM   #85
DYoungJelly
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post

Which injuries from last year (2018) do you think would have been prevented or lessened by more hitting in practice?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Old 05-23-2019, 03:47 PM   #86
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Quote:
Apparently there IS a sweet spot: https://www.footballoutsiders.com/st...-more-injuries

For sure, if you are hitting non-stop then you can definitely see more injuries and the same is true for hitting less. The magic number? No one knows for sure, and this is a lot of science-y shit in that link I don't understand, lol.
Old 05-23-2019, 03:49 PM   #87
sandtrapjack
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GridIron26 View Post
Bostic is little more than JAG - he is good at run defense but not so much at passing coverage. I'm sure Hamilton will be #1 guy at that spot now but I won't be surprised if Bostic is next up if Hamilton gets injured or doesn't play well within few games.
It is not like he is a diamond in the rough, or asking more than he is worth. Bostic is as good as where he was signed. Fell through free agency without a nibble and like many vets, was sitting on the sideline waiting for a camp injury to enable his phone to ring. You get what you got.

But on the other hand this strategy seemed to work for Adrian Peterson.
sandtrapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 04:51 PM   #88
GridIron26
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandtrapjack View Post
It is not like he is a diamond in the rough, or asking more than he is worth. Bostic is as good as where he was signed. Fell through free agency without a nibble and like many vets, was sitting on the sideline waiting for a camp injury to enable his phone to ring. You get what you got.

But on the other hand this strategy seemed to work for Adrian Peterson.
Please don't get me wrong, I don't believe Bostic is a good player but I believe he is more than just a body. Granted, he played for few teams within few years. He started almost all games for Steelers last year and this tells me that he can contribute on the field. The bottom line is Bostic is just a one year rental for Redskins, nothing more.
Old 05-23-2019, 08:08 PM   #89
DYoungJelly
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
Apparently there IS a sweet spot: https://www.footballoutsiders.com/st...-more-injuries

For sure, if you are hitting non-stop then you can definitely see more injuries and the same is true for hitting less. The magic number? No one knows for sure, and this is a lot of science-y shit in that link I don't understand, lol.
Where are you gleaning there is a sweet spot from the article?

The conclusion of the article says:

There is no evidence that the 2011 CBA led to increased injuries in the NFL. It does not appear that the practice restrictions pushed the NFL, on average, from a state of optimal training that minimizes injury risk to one of undertraining. Of course restricting practice time may have other negative effects such as degrading player skill or game quality, but that is beyond the scope of this article.

The folks who compiled the data even tried to categorize the injuries as conditioning related (Hamstrings) and non-conditioning related (knees/ankles) and found no discernible difference:

We conducted several sensitivity analyses, which involve tweaking some analytical decisions and seeing how that changed our results. We tried including preseason injuries, including minor injuries, re-classifying ankle and knee injuries to be "non-conditioning," and looking at only hamstring injuries. None of them changed our conclusions.

Maybe I'm just missing it.

Last edited by DYoungJelly; 05-23-2019 at 09:36 PM.
DYoungJelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 08:26 PM   #90
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

https://www.profootballfocus.com/new...-foster-injury

“Shaun Dion Hamilton is in a position to break out in wake of Reuben Foster's injury”

Boom...kool aid time:

Throughout the draft process, PFF was cautious regarding Dion Hamilton’s ability to stay on the field. In 2016, he tore his right ACL during the SEC Championship, which caused him to miss the remainder of that postseason. The following year, he broke his right kneecap in early November. These injuries may have caused the Alabama linebacker’s draft stock to fall, but when Dion Hamilton was on the field, he was one of the best at his position.

In 2016, Dion Hamilton maintained the lowest passer rating when targeted (53.9) and secured the most stops (31) among SEC linebackers.

In his first glimpse of NFL action, Dion Hamilton made a splash in the 2018 NFL preseason, as he hit the opposing running back in the backfield a total of 10 times in his four preseason games, which was more than any other defensive player in the NFL.

The breakout potential exists for the 23-year-old linebacker if he can stay on the field. In 2018, Dion Hamilton was efficient with his minuscule sample size. Among all NFL linebackers in 2018, he earned an 86.8 pass-rush grade which tied for fourth in the league, and he secured an 84.2 tackling grade to boot.

He Gets Us