Panthers Post Game

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-02-2019, 12:51 PM   #31
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Panthers Post Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Kerrigan being out didn’t exactly hurt us either.....
He needs to go after this season, he's lost a step and its obvious.

Advertisements
Old 12-02-2019, 01:01 PM   #32
GridIron26
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
He needs to go after this season, he's lost a step and its obvious.
Redskins should have traded him away when Ravens asked about him. We lost two opportunities to gain valuable picks simply because of the FO's inability to accept the fact that we are rebuilding the team.
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 01:18 PM   #33
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Really like Kerrigan, his attitude, and his durability. However, if they can get something for him that improves the team, then do it. Continue the youth movement.
Chief X_Phackter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 01:50 PM   #34
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
Really like Kerrigan, his attitude, and his durability. However, if they can get something for him that improves the team, then do it. Continue the youth movement.
+1. Kerrigan deserves to experience winning at this stage in his career, I don't want him to waste his entire career playing for this squad.

They should sell on him and Trent after this year. Ideally it would've been done before this year but anybody who thought Jay Gruden would've been down with the rebuilding theme before this year hasn't been paying attention. The entire message from the FO before this ship wrecked was "we're close."
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 01:58 PM   #35
Warthog
The Starter

Due to concussion injuries, we are seeing the youth movement many of us wished for. Haskins is not there yet, but every game he gets better. There were two critical passes dropped, that should have been caught and would have given him another 50 yds.

It was GREAT to see a guy we never heard of: ORCHARD come into the game on a cheap FA signing and kick ASS. I also saw a nice interview with him where he thanked the team for hiring him! What a change - a low-price FA who OVER-PERFORMS!!

The WR core group is now out there, so perhaps we will draft for the OL instead of going for a WR in the first round. The WR group with a high percentage of draft busts ( at least for the Redskins) as we've found with many, many WR in the last two decades. We need new blood and talent in the OL - next year Moses, Scherff and Trent Williams will be gone.

I hope the little win streak does not divert Snyder from dumping Bruce Allen. I'm sure if Bruce had another press conference he'd be saying: "we're close". He's very happy with a 3 or 4 win season but the fans are not!

Also, I hope these wins against bad teams, late in a bust season, don't fool Snyder into keeping Callahan or BA. With the dumping of many overpriced FA (yeah - that's you Norman) there will be new cap room. If Snyder gives a new GM some real decision-power, we can get a NFL-savvy GM and HC.

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 02:05 PM   #36
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

With Guice cooling his heels, the lingering reporter slipped in a question about another one of Sunday’s standouts: Could he pick Nate Orchard out of a lineup?

Guice’s head turned skyward, revealing a scrunched up face with a quizzical expression.

“Who?” he whispered.

You know, number 54. The edge rusher who had a sack, dropped Panthers all-everything running back Christian McCaffrey for a loss on second-and-goal from Washington’s two-yard-line with 31 seconds remaining and then recovered a fumble to seal the win?

A couple of seconds passed before a wide-eyed reaction. “Oh, the guy making all those plays,” Guice said.

The side chat ended abruptly as Guice’s conservation with satellite radio began.

Nothing Sunday proved more jarring than the emergence of the unknown outside linebacker. Actually, two of them.

“We had contributions from two guys that weren’t even here last week,” interim head coach Bill Callahan said after Washington overcame a 14-0 first-quarter deficit for its first back-to-back wins since Week 7-8 of 2018. “One was on the practice squad and the other fella was on the street.”
Old 12-02-2019, 02:17 PM   #37
Indian-brave
Special Teams

Also, I hope these wins against bad teams, late in a bust season, don't fool Snyder into keeping Callahan or BA. With the dumping of many overpriced FA (yeah - that's you Norman) there will be new cap room. If Snyder gives a new GM some real decision-power, we can get a NFL-savvy GM and HC
========================================
What bust season? They're still in contention.
Indian-brave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 06:36 PM   #38
DYoungJelly
The Starter

How long do you think the defensive coaching staff has wanted to bench Norman?

Anecdotally, I don't recall a big miscommunication resulting in a big play yesterday.

Can't help but wonder how much he has contributed to the secondary issues.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Old 12-02-2019, 07:26 PM   #39
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
I don't think that's dumb at all. Why in the world are people rooting for their team to lose? So they can get a higher draft pick? I don't care if the Redskins end up with the 1st pick, the 3rd pick, or the 15th pick. They will get a first round draft pick, and a potential quality player, regardless. No one, not even Chase Young, is a guarantee. Do your best to win out, build the confidence of this young core of players, and take some momentum into 2020. That would mean so much more than any potential higher draft pick who some people curiously want to tank for. Leave the tanking to the NBA already. I want to see this team battle, improve, and hopefully win out. It's not likely, but that's what I want.
Agreed.

That's why I liked the ugly win last week, helps build confidence, and that's what this team needs.

+

Haskins is improving by the day, still a lot to work on, but I like the progress. Go back and watch the Jets game and tell me he hasn't taken a big step forward from where he was in that game.

This D and this OL just need to play with some fire to be good.

Orchard and Odom getting everybody like "wait, who?".

-

That onside kick was embarrassing, got me a "god we gonna Redskins this game!" scare

Moreau is still little bit of a concern to me, he gets beat quite a lot and got lucky the ball was overthrown on that long shot when he stumbled and fell... I know we're all happy Josh "washed" Norman got benched, but let's not pretend we have a solid replacement yet.
Old 12-02-2019, 09:54 PM   #40
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Call me what you wanna call me, I've been here all along. I've been a Redskins fan for almost 40 years. I have never rooted for this team to lose, and I never will. I don't know if that makes me a superfan or not, I'll let you decide that. I'm critical when I think criticism is necessary, but I don't over analyze. As bad as things have been, I can still enjoy a win, and hope there's many more to come.

Wasn’t 100% directed at you. Like 99%. Kidding. Been rooting for them for about 40 years or so myself.
It honestly was a comment directed at the fact that two weeks ago the overwhelming feeling on here was that we were done with football. Lol. Snyder had finally sucked the last bit of fandom we had left from our souls. Than we get a couple wins against teams with backup quarterbacks that really aren’t that good anyway and we are on the rise again.
I totally understand what you are saying. I really do. I love when they win just as much as you do. It does help morale. I can laugh at all the Giant fans up here in Jersey. We aren’t the worst team in the league and that is a good thing. BUT I am deathly afraid of Bruce Allen keeping his job. Im afraid of this entire staff keeping their jobs. I really think we need wholesale changes and I really think we need an absolute difference maker in the draft. But we do have a nice core of youngins, it’s just a fine line between these wins building confidence and these wins making Snyder think things have changed. We are 3-9. Things haven’t changed. Not yet. I pray that Guice, the wr’s , the d line, and especially Haskins pan out in a big way. But man that is going to be hampered if some of these morons hang around. So you will have to excuse my inability to get excited about the w’s. But it really is from a good place. I respect your opinions and your positivity though seriously.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 12:09 AM   #41
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

If we beat the Packers, fuck it, we're winning the division at 7-9 then winning the super bowl. Pass the fucking koolaid.

On a serious note, we actually have a winning streak. I'll take it.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 01:14 AM   #42
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Wasn’t 100% directed at you. Like 99%. Kidding. Been rooting for them for about 40 years or so myself.
It honestly was a comment directed at the fact that two weeks ago the overwhelming feeling on here was that we were done with football. Lol. Snyder had finally sucked the last bit of fandom we had left from our souls. Than we get a couple wins against teams with backup quarterbacks that really aren’t that good anyway and we are on the rise again.
I totally understand what you are saying. I really do. I love when they win just as much as you do. It does help morale. I can laugh at all the Giant fans up here in Jersey. We aren’t the worst team in the league and that is a good thing. BUT I am deathly afraid of Bruce Allen keeping his job. Im afraid of this entire staff keeping their jobs. I really think we need wholesale changes and I really think we need an absolute difference maker in the draft. But we do have a nice core of youngins, it’s just a fine line between these wins building confidence and these wins making Snyder think things have changed. We are 3-9. Things haven’t changed. Not yet. I pray that Guice, the wr’s , the d line, and especially Haskins pan out in a big way. But man that is going to be hampered if some of these morons hang around. So you will have to excuse my inability to get excited about the w’s. But it really is from a good place. I respect your opinions and your positivity though seriously.
I get it man, seriously, and I respect your opinions as well. While I understand it, and it's all totally warranted, I just get tired of all the negativity / pessimism. I just choose to try and find the positives, as few and far between they are sometimes. I'm not necessarily for wholesale changes, but BA does have to leave his current role AT LEAST, and a new defensive staff is probably necessary. I haven't made up my mind about Callahan and the current offensive staff. I do know we have a better chance of getting quality change if this team looks like it's on the rise, so I hope they keep it up. I'm not expecting a miracle, but 5 wins is doable in my opinion...6 is not out of the question if they continue to play like they did on Sunday.
Chief X_Phackter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 04:46 AM   #43
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
I get this feeling too. But on the other hand I want this roster to be attractive to new HC candidates...

The best might be to lose out with close games. So players feel competitive, build their self confidence up, look good to the next HC, but the record is still too awful for any of these clowns to keep their jobs !
Old 12-03-2019, 08:22 AM   #44
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

Quote:
I am 100% in agreement with you! I’m 58 i’ve been a fan since I was eight years old.I am not excited About any wins at this point, I’m afraid any win will just help Allen, Callahan, Manusky keep their jobs and I cannot bear that
Old 12-03-2019, 08:33 AM   #45
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

2020 NFL Draft order as of Week 14:
1. Bengals: 1-11
2. Giants: 2-10
3. Redskins: 3-9
4. Dolphins: 3-9
5. Falcons: 3-9
6. Lions: 3-8-1
7. Cardinals: 3-8-1