Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

2022 Commanders off season thread part 1

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 05-05-2022, 03:46 PM   #916
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: 2022 Commanders off season thread part 1

If James Bradberry gets cut, I'd expect Ron to be all in on that and actually I hope we do. He's a good CB

Advertisements
Old 05-05-2022, 04:07 PM   #917
GridIron26
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
If James Bradberry gets cut, I'd expect Ron to be all in on that and actually I hope we do. He's a good CB
I wouldn't oppose to that idea, although it probably would mean St. Juste will not get to play much which could stunt his growth. But then Rivera needs to win this year so this is likely the least of his concerns.
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 04:08 PM   #918
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
https://www.nfl.com/news/cap-strappe...end-of-the-wee

Cap-strapped Giants expected to part ways with James Bradberry by 'end of the week'

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 04:45 PM   #919
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
I don't buy into the idea that Reich thought Wentz needed to be fixed. He brought him in because he thought he would help that team win in a system Wentz was familiar with.

Wentz didn't cause his team to lose crucial games. He's the QB so yeah, he gets the blame...that's been the case for as long as the QB position has been held to a higher standard and determined to be 'the most important position in football'. The losing was a collective effort, and I think Reich would have been more than fine running it back with Wentz, but he doesn't make the decisions in Indy.
You talk about the QB position as if you were the ghost of George Allen. The QB position is the most important in football. Why do they get paid the most money if it isn't?

What do you expect of you team's starting QB? Like every other fan, you expect him to win key games and to make plays in crunch time. In simple terms, you expect him to lead his team and to win. So do I.

I don't question Wentz's talent. He is very talented. I also couldn't care less if he throws for 7,000 yards and 40 TDs with the Commanders if he falls apart in the stretch and causes his team to miss the playoffs. Once again, he must win and to do that he must lead by example and make the key plays when needed. It goes with the territory.

My problem with him is he has not only failed to live up to expectations with his last two teams but he has been shown to the door by both of them. That's why I don't trust him to be the answer to our QB problem. We'll see what happens.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 05:00 PM   #920
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
You talk about the QB position as if you were the ghost of George Allen. The QB position is the most important in football. Why do they get paid the most money if it isn't?

What do you expect of you team's starting QB? Like every other fan, you expect him to win key games and to make plays in crunch time. In simple terms, you expect him to lead his team and to win. So do I.

I don't question Wentz's talent. He is very talented. I also couldn't care less if he throws for 7,000 yards and 40 TDs with the Commanders if he falls apart in the stretch and causes his team to miss the playoffs. Once again, he must win and to do that he must lead by example and make the key plays when needed. It goes with the territory.

My problem with him is he has not only failed to live up to expectations with his last two teams but he has been shown to the door by both of them. That's why I don't trust him to be the answer to our QB problem. We'll see what happens.
LOL, I never said I didn't agree with the idea that QB is the most important position in football...

The ghost of GA...

Yeah, you expect that of your starting QB, but I'm not so naive so as to not expect the rest of the team to hold their weight too. It's a team sport. Even great QBs succumb to the limits of the rest of their team.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 05:16 PM   #921
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
The contract is already drafted. Hopefully no one leaks it.
sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 06:24 PM   #922
calia
Playmaker

I’d be happy with a little Bradberry in the building. Still would like to see some veteran LB help though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-05-2022, 08:42 PM   #923
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
Pittman was awesome last season.

As for Wentz, he constantly threw into double and triple coverage. Late in the season he just freaked out completely and made some of the worst plays I've ever witnessed, to the point where I feel that it could be fairly said that he caused his team to lose crucial games.

That and the fact that it was reported that Wentz had the same type of problems in Indy that he had in Phiily causes me to doubt that he can lead the Commanders. If Frank Reich couldn't fix him, how has he changed to give us hope that our staff can?
The thing with that narrative that Wentz "caused his team to lose crucial games" is, yes there has to be some truth to it, and yes 2 teams moving on from him is some kind of a red flag... But... watching at games I just don't see it... Busy personal life until July so I probably won't have time to watch games before that... But the 2 games I watched to far, including the infamous Jaguars game, didn't show me a guy costing his teams games. It showed me an NFL starting QB giving his team a chance, making some really hard throws, and yes making some bad mistakes when trying too hard because his defense couldn't stop my grand ma in an electric wheelchair on low battery and his Oline couldn't pick up a nanometer on 3rd/4th and short...

We're not getting 2017 Wentz. But don't fall for the lazy narrative, watch the context in which 2 teams moved from him, with the Colts it really seems like a knee jerk move by the owner more than a long thought coach decision. And watch the actual games, it's not nearly as bad as it's made out to be. Even that last game, one ugly INT and a couple of high throws, but other than that a very decent game.
Old 05-06-2022, 09:34 AM   #924
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Listening to Galdi's breakdown of Rivera talking about our rookies, I was particularly intrigued by 7th round G Chris Paul, seems like he can play anywhere on the line and is quite big, hopefully Matsko can develop him into a nice Oline swiss army knife.
Ron also sounded incredibly confident that 4th round S Percy Turner will play at least 33% of defensive snaps as the 3rd safety/nickel. I'm not as worried as some of you are about our DB room, but it would sure be nice if he could take some of McCain's snaps over the course of the season...
Old 05-06-2022, 03:21 PM   #925
Giantone
Gamebreaker

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/g...wl-cornerback/
Old 05-06-2022, 03:40 PM   #926
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
I'd be shocked if it wasn't us that signed him. I bet he gets a 1 year deal from us.
Old 05-06-2022, 04:10 PM   #927
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
I'd be shocked if it wasn't us that signed him. I bet he gets a 1 year deal from us.
I don't want him in the NFC East but I like the guy , he is worth the money.
Old 05-07-2022, 10:20 AM   #928
That Guy
Living Legend

wentz and howell are way better than what we had last year.

I would rather have stafford, but we made a fair offer and he said he didn't want to be here, just like wilson etc. Wentz is the guy we could get, and he's on a 1 year deal with 2 years of team options essentially.

Trust me, if rodgers suddenly wanted to play here, we'd figure it out. This was a 2022 move that could work out and turn into more, or become a 1 year rental. I don't care what Ron said, the contract hasn't been extended, so there's no downside to seeing how the season turns out and re-considering afterwards.
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 10:19 AM   #929
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
I miss getting fish tacos that came on those back in SD. I actually like the helmets. The rest of the uniforms leave a lot to be desired.

If its anything like 99% of our seasons, it will end up being unwarranted optimism. But I'd still rather think positive then spending the next 5 months just shitting on everything.
The last two Cinco De Mayo's I was at La Puerta on 4th Street. Ever been there?? Such a great place to drink margaritas and eat tacos.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 11:05 AM   #930
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
The last two Cinco De Mayo's I was at La Puerta on 4th Street. Ever been there?? Such a great place to drink margaritas and eat tacos.
Yep, I've been there a few times. Definitely a great place to go to.

They have a great chicken caesar salad too.