Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Chase Young or Three First Round Picks?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 01-30-2020, 04:01 PM   #76
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Re: Chase Young or Three First Round Picks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Problem is you assume we can't solve the 'shitty CB' problem. We can. We have $60M in cap space. So we can fill holes in free agency. My point being you can't assume 'shitty CBs' will be part of the Week 1 roster under either scenario. A potential trade doesn't exist in a vacuum.
By the same token, we could fill pass rusher in free agency.

The idea that Young is automatically better that an Elite LB/CB/WR/OT + 2 more first round players is moronic.

So many Skins fans have zeroed in on drafting Young no matter what and this defies all logic and reason. Sure, Chase Young could be Nic Bosa. But with 3 first round picks, we could get the next Richard Sherman, Luke Kuechly, and Cam Jordan.

It all comes down to how Kyle Smith and Ron Rivera evaluate the talent in this draft and i guarantee you they have not zeroed in on Young as a "must draft at all costs" player at this point.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-30-2020, 07:37 PM   #77
Warthog
The Starter

Chase Young or Three First Round Picks?

I think Isaiah Simmons (LB) or Andrew Thomas (OT)is more of an critical position upgrade than Ohio State’s Okudah at CB. The EDGE position is one of the most important positions on the defense. The OT can protect the QB -important. The LB position often is the Captain of the defense and usually has the most tackles on the team - important. The CB can move around to guard (man-to-man) the elite WR #1. That elite WR can rip your team apart, like DeSean Jackson did us in the first Eagles game. But you can also get a very good to elite CB in FA. CB is a

The important part of any trade-down is that the first rounder has to be low enough to get you an elite player in a critical position. CB is important but just part of the DB crew. Not near as critical as Edge or MLB. These articles on Okudah are just space fillers. We either trade-down to get an important position with a first round pick 10 or under that gets the Redskins like premium OT or MLB, PLUS also getting a couple other first rounders or every pick OR this big trade will not happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"

Last edited by Warthog; 01-30-2020 at 08:40 PM.
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 09:35 PM   #78
NYCskinfan82
Playmaker

Make me blush is an expression i have used before in life when it came to making deals . I'm black so do you know how hard it is to make me blush and for you to be able to see it. Yeah that's the kind of deal i want otherwise take CY and have the potential to have a KILLER DLine.
NYCskinfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 09:47 PM   #79
Meks
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
I think Isaiah Simmons (LB) or Andrew Thomas (OT)is more of an critical position upgrade than Ohio State’s Okudah at CB. The EDGE position is one of the most important positions on the defense. The OT can protect the QB -important. The LB position often is the Captain of the defense and usually has the most tackles on the team - important. The CB can move around to guard (man-to-man) the elite WR #1. That elite WR can rip your team apart, like DeSean Jackson did us in the first Eagles game. But you can also get a very good to elite CB in FA. CB is a

The important part of any trade-down is that the first rounder has to be low enough to get you an elite player in a critical position. CB is important but just part of the DB crew. Not near as critical as Edge or MLB. These articles on Okudah are just space fillers. We either trade-down to get an important position with a first round pick 10 or under that gets the Redskins like premium OT or MLB, PLUS also getting a couple other first rounders or every pick OR this big trade will not happen.

I mean, desean Jackson ripped us apart in the first game cuz we couldn't sack Wentz, and we also had players missing assignments due to shitty halftime adjustments and coaching. Sometimes it doesn't matter how elite the CB is...
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 12:11 AM   #80
Warthog
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meks View Post
I mean, desean Jackson ripped us apart in the first game cuz we couldn't sack Wentz, and we also had players missing assignments due to shitty halftime adjustments and coaching. Sometimes it doesn't matter how elite the CB is...

I agree 100%. Part of the problem was Norman was playing and he’s lost more than a step or two, he lacked motivation and just basically sucked this year. The defense improved as soon as he was benched. Second problem was Greg Manusky’s defensive schemes which were confusing, complicated and DID NOT WORK. Gruden was also coaching and he never could motivate the team and had the WORST halftime adjustments I’ve ever seen. He was the exact opposite of Gibbs at halftime. Finally, DeSean wanted revenge because Bruce Allen dumped him after he had a 1,000 TD season with us - Bruce never made a even a single call or an offer to DeSean’s agent!! Bruce really knew how to napalm bridges when people moved on.

Having Chase Young charge inward will put huge pressure on the passer and will make all the CBs and DBs look better! I mean it has been so depressing over the last two decades to watch our general lack of a pass rush. We’ve had maybe one edge rusher who was decent, but we’ve never had an elite pass rush from both sides, without having to blitz. This last season we did have some sacks -46 and were 11th in the NFL. Unfortunately, the sacks didn’t help since our defense was 27th in the league. I think with a new HC and DC we’ll see a huge improvement in the defense whether we take Chase or trade down and end up with Simmons at LB.

I want Chase but there is a small possibility the Redskins might be offered a monster trade. When Tua and maybe Herbert do extremely well in the combine/college day some teams may shoot for the moon at QB. However, a big trade down will only happen if we still get an elite pick at an impact position. That doesn’t include CB, no matter how good Okudah is.

Flyboy.

Old 01-31-2020, 01:58 AM   #81
Meks
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
I agree 100%. Part of the problem was Norman was playing and he’s lost more than a step or two, he lacked motivation and just basically sucked this year. The defense improved as soon as he was benched. Second problem was Greg Manusky’s defensive schemes which were confusing, complicated and DID NOT WORK. Gruden was also coaching and he never could motivate the team and had the WORST halftime adjustments I’ve ever seen. He was the exact opposite of Gibbs at halftime. Finally, DeSean wanted revenge because Bruce Allen dumped him after he had a 1,000 TD season with us - Bruce never made a even a single call or an offer to DeSean’s agent!! Bruce really knew how to napalm bridges when people moved on.

Having Chase Young charge inward will put huge pressure on the passer and will make all the CBs and DBs look better! I mean it has been so depressing over the last two decades to watch our general lack of a pass rush. We’ve had maybe one edge rusher who was decent, but we’ve never had an elite pass rush from both sides, without having to blitz. This last season we did have some sacks -46 and were 11th in the NFL. Unfortunately, the sacks didn’t help since our defense was 27th in the league. I think with a new HC and DC we’ll see a huge improvement in the defense whether we take Chase or trade down and end up with Simmons at LB.

I want Chase but there is a small possibility the Redskins might be offered a monster trade. When Tua and maybe Herbert do extremely well in the combine/college day some teams may shoot for the moon at QB. However, a big trade down will only happen if we still get an elite pick at an impact position. That doesn’t include CB, no matter how good Okudah is.

If it's a 5 pick deal that includes three 1s and a 2 that's very very hard to turn down. Like you said small chance. Can't wait to see what happens
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 09:11 AM   #82
skinsfanmdc
Camp Scrub

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
No chance Rivera passes on a premium pass rusher for a corner.

This is what Scotty Mac said. You take the pass rusher.
skinsfanmdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 09:51 AM   #83
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

We had Champ Bailey , Josh Norman , Shawn Springs etc. All top 10 CBs when they played for the skins at some point and nothing happened..

Draft the pass rusher folks
Old 01-31-2020, 09:55 AM   #84
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
We had Champ Bailey , Josh Norman , Shawn Springs etc. All top 10 CBs when they played for the skins at some point and nothing happened..

Draft the pass rusher folks
Even Fred Smoot from 2002-2004 was a really good corner for us. It is just boring to know who we are getting 3 months ahead of time. People just need to get ready for Alien & Predator wrecking backfields, coming fall 2020.

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 11:20 AM   #85
skinsfanmdc
Camp Scrub

Chase Young to Giants. Remember this Redskins fans, saying you wanna trade the 2nd pick https://twitter.com/AjayAtayee/statu...67054367674369

Danny Dimes, Shaquan, Chase Young damn....
skinsfanmdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 03:57 PM   #86
AnonEmouse
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfanmdc View Post
Chase Young to Giants. Remember this Redskins fans, saying you wanna trade the 2nd pick https://twitter.com/AjayAtayee/statu...67054367674369

Exactly!
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 05:22 PM   #87
jamf
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfanmdc View Post

Last time the Redskins traded down with a division rival, 2014 with the Cowboys.

Cowboys Drafted Demarcus Lawrence ( 1 x 1st team all pro, 2 x Probowler)
Redskins got: Trent Murphy (1st team all roids) and Spencer Long.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 05:48 AM   #88
AnonEmouse
The Starter

He's not talking about trading with the Giants, if we trade out of 2, the Giants will take Young if he's still there. That I do not want to see.

It's not just about what we could get in a trade, it's also about what we give up, and its not just our draft position.
Old 02-01-2020, 02:14 PM   #89
Warthog
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonEmouse View Post
He's not talking about trading with the Giants, if we trade out of 2, the Giants will take Young if he's still there. That I do not want to see.

It's not just about what we could get in a trade, it's also about what we give up, and its not just our draft position.

Right, for those who want use to take a big trade haul, you have to accept the fact that CY may end up on a division rival. Then you play that rival (Giants) two times a season for a decade while Chase Young rubs our nose in the dirt for not taking him. Make no mistake, if CY ever gets to the Giants, they will NOT pass up on him.

Flyboy.

Old 02-01-2020, 08:05 PM   #90
AnonEmouse
The Starter

Yep, I remember the damage LT did for years. If Young is as good or better, you can't let him go to the Giants.