Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Who will be the next coach of the Redskins and does it even freakin matter?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-07-2019, 03:01 PM   #31
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Re: Who will be the next coach of the Redskins and does it even freakin matter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Don't come in here making jokes G1.

Sidenote, where's sandtrap at the last couple weeks? something change or?

He’ll be back soon because they play the Jets this weekend. What a fraud that team is. They act elite, but never play elite.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-07-2019, 03:04 PM   #32
Frost
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtk View Post
broken record time, nothing is going to change until snyder hires a proven gm and is given total autonomy.

We need a complete culture change here. It's been a clown show under snyder and it will only continue as long as he has any input in the operation of the team.

100%
Old 10-07-2019, 03:15 PM   #33
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Redskins interim coach Bill Callahan said he’s not ready to start rookie QB Dwayne Haskins. Said Wants him to continue building his game. Decision for Miami and time being is either Case Keenum or Colt McCoy.
Old 10-07-2019, 03:19 PM   #34
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Don’t get why everyone is excited about bieniemy as an option. He doesn’t even call plays. The KC offense is 100% Andy Reid.

The only type of coach who could succeed here is one who, through his reputation, would demand respect by Bruce and Dan. Someone with enough cache that they’d give him total control of football operations and stay the hell out of his way.

I don’t see anyone like that you wanting to come here. Of the 3 names mentioned, only Tomlin MIGHT garner that level of respect, but we’d have to trade a lot to acquire him and I’m not sure he could even be successful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 03:30 PM   #35
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
Don’t get why everyone is excited about bieniemy as an option. He doesn’t even call plays. The KC offense is 100% Andy Reid.

The only type of coach who could succeed here is one who, through his reputation, would demand respect by Bruce and Dan. Someone with enough cache that they’d give him total control of football operations and stay the hell out of his way.

I don’t see anyone like that you wanting to come here. Of the 3 names mentioned, only Tomlin MIGHT garner that level of respect, but we’d have to trade a lot to acquire him and I’m not sure he could even be successful.

Sounds the same when people get excited about Josh McDaniels, he's success is mainly because of Belichick and Brady. We saw what he could do (or couldn't do) in Denver.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 03:32 PM   #36
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

https://dailysnark.com/redskins-are-...e-controversy/
Old 10-07-2019, 03:39 PM   #37
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Redskins interim coach Bill Callahan said he’s not ready to start rookie QB Dwayne Haskins. Said Wants him to continue building his game. Decision for Miami and time being is either Case Keenum or Colt McCoy.

FFS

Old 10-07-2019, 04:01 PM   #38
SunnySide
Playmaker

Haskins will get plenty of snaps this season. Injuries to Colt and Case will happen and force the issue.

I would bet by seasons end, Haskins takes the most snaps among the 3 of them.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 04:22 PM   #39
MTK
\m/

They need to be getting Haskins ready for Miami... WTF are they dicking around with him for? 0-5, season lost, HC just got fired, GET THE KID IN THERE ALREADY
Old 10-07-2019, 04:57 PM   #40
rocnrik
Playmaker

You guys are on the mark for saying it won’t matter who the next coach is with Bruce/snyder in charge.. Case in point is haskins.. so The story is Jay did not want him but he was overruled .. Haskins does nothing in camp and pre season to convince Jay .. when he gets put in he plays bad .. Jay gets fired and the new coach doesn’t think Haskins is ready to play.. so are you guys siding with Bruce and snyder or do you think the coaches know more... my opinion is I trust the coaches more than the front office.. If Haskins can’t impress a coach to play him over colt and Case damn that means we blew a top pick yet agian .. and after realizing you guys are correct about Bruce and dan would that be a surprise...
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 05:09 PM   #41
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocnrik View Post
You guys are on the mark for saying it won’t matter who the next coach is with Bruce/snyder in charge.. Case in point is haskins.. so The story is Jay did not want him but he was overruled .. Haskins does nothing in camp and pre season to convince Jay .. when he gets put in he plays bad .. Jay gets fired and the new coach doesn’t think Haskins is ready to play.. so are you guys siding with Bruce and snyder or do you think the coaches know more... my opinion is I trust the coaches more than the front office.. If Haskins can’t impress a coach to play him over colt and Case damn that means we blew a top pick yet agian .. and after realizing you guys are correct about Bruce and dan would that be a surprise...
Couple of things to untie. Juts my opinions.

1. I dont think Jay didnt want Haskins, he just didnt want Haskins at 15 overall.

2. Id say the majority of fans agree that Haskins is not ready-ready. I think the fan divide is what is best for Haskins long term - (1) play the kid and let him learn by fire, he will only learn if he gets live reps, or (2) play the vets and bring the kid along until he is better prepared to read defenses, slide protections, etc.

3. I dont think many people are saying Haskins was a blown pick. Way to early to tell. I think fan divide comes into just how much of a project he is. Me personally, I think Daniel Jones starting for 4 years or so was way more prepared to start than Dwayne Haskins and his 14 games at OSU.

I think he is a project and even though he spurned the Terps and my view of Haskins is coming from a negative place .. his arm talent is there and he seems to hang tough in the pocket perhaps to tough to relaxed imo.

He has the tools, I just dont like him turning into an RG3 light with his liking of an instagram post of Jays firing and some other stuff. Apparently with RG3 in meetings he would repeatedly say "yeah I got it, i got it" then come game time not have a clue.
SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 05:20 PM   #42
rocnrik
Playmaker

Good points !!! It will be interesting to see this play out.
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 05:24 PM   #43
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:

Idk. Shanahan wasn’t exactly a success. Schottenheimer. Gibbs 2.0. Nobody is gonna flourish under this smug jackass. It isn’t a secret either. We will get another yes man and BA will continue to draft poorly. Honestly I hate to beat a dead horse but nothing changes until Douche Snyder is gone and that is never.....
We have one faint hope. That is whoever we hire turns out to be a great coach and wins sooner than later, at which point Danny sits back n smiles and orders BA to do the same. It would have to happen organically and by a sheer stroke of luck when Snyder hires someone.
Old 10-07-2019, 05:33 PM   #44
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocnrik View Post

Haskins was a unique player in college. He played such a limited amount of games, but played so well. It is unusual to see someone so good but with such a small sample size. If they didn’t take him at 15 he would have probably been gone before they got another chance.
So I don’t think we “blew” the pick. I think it is just typical Redskin luck that of all the quarterbacks who have been drafted high and plugged in as starters over the last few years that we got the one who only played 14 games in college......
Old 10-07-2019, 07:00 PM   #45
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:

EB is well respected around the league, in his own locker room and has paid his dues. I would suspect that Reid would tell him not to come here and wait for a better job.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote