The Playoff Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 01-31-2022, 09:49 PM   #511
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Re: The Playoff Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Twitter has been brutal the last 24 hours or so. Too many people complaining that Ron doesn't need a 5 year plan, the Bengals turned it around in 2 years so why can't we? Well, if the next Joe Burrow is out there and we can get him, problem solved. If it were only that simple.

It wasn't just Joey B either. Their defense vastly improved and they had a good coach that knew how to make adjustments. See Bengals defense in 1st half and compare it with 2nd half. We don't have that. It's also what cost the Bills the game too. Coaching matters big time.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-31-2022, 09:52 PM   #512
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Re: The Playoff Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Why do you hate the 49ers so much? lol. Do you hate the SF Giants and Warriors too?

A good friend of mine from HS lives out in San Mateo and says the same thing, that 49 fans are just unbearable.

I hope to get out to Half Moon Bay one day for some golf.
If you lived here through the 80’s here when both teams were great you would know. Fans wouldn’t give the Redskins the respect, saying they won 2 SB’s wins during the strike season. The NFC championship game that we won 24-21 they bitched and whined that the refs were paid by Washington (Ronnie Lott called for interference), players like OL Randy Cross talked shit after game. Ever since I fucking hated them. I live 20 minutes from the HMB golf course (North in Pacifica). If you ever come let me know, have a few beers.

I found something that basically says it all:

RandyCross has gone on record as saying that the Conference Championship[ game after the 1983 season, in which the Skins won on a Mosely field goal, motivated SF to emerge the powerhouse they later became. He decried two late penalties that he felt were phantoms. However, a play late in the game would have sealed it for the Skins without question. Art Monk (of course) was blatantly mugged on a pass to the sideline and no flag was thrown. That would have iced the game. Cross never talks about that play. And by the way, its a good thing he's on radio cause I don't have to look at his teeth. Every time he smiles, it reminds me that I have to pressure-wash my deck.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth

Last edited by SFREDSKIN; 01-31-2022 at 10:09 PM.
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote