Offseason predictions

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-23-2010, 05:05 PM   #16
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Re: Offseason predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by theJBexperience View Post
An offseason thread already? We're still in season and in the playoff picture, BUT sure, I'll play. We draft Noel Devine late in the draft, and he becomes the next 1500 yard/15 TD Shannyback.
Just wait until next week's "2011 OTAs Haynesworth Edition: Let the Obsession Begin" thread, with special guest Kevin Sheehan.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-23-2010, 05:17 PM   #17
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

This "rental" players will be gone in my opinion:

Galloway
Rabach
Holliday
Daniels
Hunter Smith
Bidwell
Hicks
Furrey

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 07:06 PM   #18
Gmanc711
Thank You, Sean.

I hope they don't go to 18 games. I wouldn't mind an 18 week season with 2 byes and starting labor day weekend....but otherwise no thanks.
Gmanc711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 07:20 PM   #19
GusFrerotte

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
I say no to 18. Thats too many games especially for the teams that are done by Thanksgiving. 16 makes sense, who wants a team that goes 4-14? yuck

I agree Okie. Damn too many good young players gone for the season with the current 16. 18 will further damage careers for the short or long term just to make an extra buck. Greed is watering down the overall quality of the NFL product, along with too many yellow flags.
GusFrerotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 07:47 PM   #20
backrow
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusFrerotte View Post
I agree Okie. Damn too many good young players gone for the season with the current 16. 18 will further damage careers for the short or long term just to make an extra buck. Greed is watering down the overall quality of the NFL product, along with too many yellow flags.
So, kick the Jaguars, Lions, Cowpies, and Bills out of the NFL and it won't be so watered down! (Water going down!)
Old 11-23-2010, 09:27 PM   #21
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by backrow View Post
So, kick the Jaguars, Lions, Cowpies, and Bills out of the NFL and it won't be so watered down! (Water going down!)
You can add the NFC West to that list.
R.I.P. #21
Old 11-23-2010, 09:43 PM   #22
mbedner3420
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
Barring a lockout, I predict that in the upcoming off-season:

1. We will draft players;
2. We will sign some free-agents; and
3. Cut some veterans.

Further, I predict that some of the players we draft, sign or cut in the off-season will be offensive or defensive players.
Best post of the night!
mbedner3420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 10:13 PM   #23
SouperMeister
Playmaker

If Kenny Tate leaves Maryland early, I predict that we make a play to draft him to give us a big playmaker with lots of range at FS.
SouperMeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 10:58 PM   #24
Pocket$ $traight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Just wait until next week's "2011 OTAs Haynesworth Edition: Let the Obsession Begin" thread, with special guest Kevin Sheehan.
There aren't going to be OTAs. That is one reason I think Al is back next year.
Pocket$ $traight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 02:50 AM   #25
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

2 Pages and no mention of VJax? I guess it's only worth it if we have to give up draft picks for him. Lol. Anyway being the resident draft freak (not expert mind you) I've started looking at guys we might draft in the middle of the first round to the middle of the second round

Julio Jones - WR - Bama - A 6'4 deep threat with a good head on his shoulders. Route running and ball skills still need a little work but with proper coaching he can be our very own version of VJax, minus the DUI's

Adrian Clayborne - 3-4 DE/4-3 DT - With Haynesworth all but gone and the team still reeling from the 3-4 transition the team will be hard pressed not to at least attempt to add a blue chip defensive player that fits their new system. One of the most dominant players in college football he's an ideal fit for the 3-4. Clayborne is a high motor guy that does everything well, yet at the same time he's not elite in any particular area.

Anthony Castonzo - OT - Boston College - Might be to early to consider drafting another tackle since next year we'll have a healthy Jamaal Brown with a second year Trent Willliams but Castonzo is an agile blocker that understands angles, ie he's a great fit for a zone scheme. Then again this could easily be one of those guys that's rated high going in and ends up being a 3rd or 4th round pick.

Dont'a Hightower - ILB - Bama - Experience in a 3-4, knows how to make calls and read defenses. Has the size, plays hard, not elite in any particular area but does everything well. Only problem is he's coming off a serious knee injury.

Andrew Jackson - G - Fresno State - Quick agile guard projected around the 3rd or 4th round, could easily last longer seeing as how a lot of the guys projected in that range tend to fall on draft day.

Ryan Mallet - QB - Arkansas - Kind of a shot in the dark here but no one expected Shanny to draft Cutler a year after Plummer went to the Pro Bowl. Mallet has a strong arm and experience in a pro system. Personally reminds me of Matt Schuab.

Rahim Moore - FS - UCLA - Rangy safety with good ball skills. 10 int's in 2009.

Unfortunately there are no true early round NT prospects. The closest we have right now is a few overweight guys from small schools with huge character issues and work ethic problems. In other words don't expect the team to have the option of drafting a Dan Williams like prospect.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 09:04 AM   #26
Alvin Walton
Pro Bowl

Boot Haynseworth.
Cut Portis.
Draft OL and RB.
Find FA recievers.
Old 11-24-2010, 10:10 AM   #27
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

I predict that by June 30th I will be anxiously awaiting the next season, dreading the off-season lockout, and be filled with Kool-aid believing we will be NFC East champs and SB bound.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 10:53 AM   #28
aceinthehouse
Special Teams

I predict the Redskins will go after 1 big name WR in the off season...
Not Moss,TO,Edwards,Jackson or anyone we have had an opportunity to get this season via F/A or through trade.

It will be a player like Fitzgerald who's a free agent.
Somebody with good character...I don't think Shanny wants any prima donna's.
Why he tried to get rid of Brandon Marshall...

Someone like Fitz or Lee Evans or a Kenny Britt/Nate Washington...
Maybe a Devry Henderson or so...

I don't see us drafting a WR in the 1st or 2nd round.
I see us drafting on the Lines on O or D...We could use some Guards,NT or possibly even a LB.

I do have a sneakin' suspicion that Shanny wants RB Mark Ingram however...
No real reason why I think that,but I think he would be a very good fit in this Offense and system.

Problem is...He will probably be a 1st round pick.
I think if Ingram were to slip to the 2nd round though...Shanny might go after him.

Certainly not his "MO" as he usually gets these guy in the later rounds like 4th,5th and later,but Ingram is a talent you can build an offense around.

If we somehow draft a QB...I think it will be in the 5th or later...(won't have a 3rd or 4th unless that changes somehow)

But overall and not really knowing what round we will draft guys...I do see us targeting the follow positions somewhere in the draft no matter the round.

QB(if they like who is there a lot)
RB
Any on O-Line,but mostly G or C
WR (Maybe....I actually think we won't,but I'll put it here cause it's an obvious need....think we will address this in FA personally)
LB
and possibly Safety and or CB (Carlos is a free agent and we really don't know who that other safety next to Landry is going to be) Horton? Moore? Doughty? Macho? Russell?

I personally like Moore the best as I think he's the best overall player,so if he plays well..we may let Safety go..

What will be the most interesting thing in the off season,will be what trades we make to pick up extra draft picks?
Do we trade fat Al?
Do we somehow tag Carlos and trade him?
Do we trade Moss to get younger?
What about Portis?
Do we trade Cooley or Davis?

Do we make any trades to stock up on draft picks?
The real question should be...Are there any players we have,that a team would trade a reasonably GOOD draft for?

I mean seriously...we traded our starting QB for the last 4 years a 4th round pick for the year 2794...I know he sucks,but damn...

Can we get anything for the 2011 draft,is what I want to know?
Old 11-24-2010, 11:14 AM   #29
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Ace,

I don't think the Cards let Fitz walk, he's their major offensive weapon. Can't see Shanahan drafting a first round RB, I think it'd be a bad idea if he does so. This team desperately needs a true 3-4 nose tackle, but you're right, they do need interior linemen. And I think out of all the players you listed, Haynesworth is the only one that is worth trading and may get something in return.
R.I.P. #21
Old 11-28-2010, 03:53 PM   #30
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Primary Needs:

1.NT
2.RB
3.WR
4.C or Guard
5.DE