Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 03:42 PM   #16
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Re: OK..BYE's are over: Time to keep track of our Playoff hopes thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUL-SKINS View Post
Ace.............I actually like your post. It gives me hope for a second, then reality smacks me in the face.........then.......i'm depressed again. Ace don't listen to these pessimistic haters. Its very clicky around here. Like high school. Theres a group that sticks together and gangs up on newbies. They're like bullies!!!!!!!!!! J/K Your post are ridiculous.......haha im kidding
Are you kidding about kidding or about kidding:confused-. Do you need to meet out back after school to sort this out? And just who are you calling a pessimistic hater? They are just Real folk with Real thoughts about this team.

don't the emoticons make it cool!!!

Advertisements
Old 11-17-2010, 03:47 PM   #17
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceinthehouse View Post
In trouble and at 4-5
We will now need some help to get in most likely and I'm not giving up!

Week 11
---------------------------------------
Thursday Night: Chicago @ Miami
We need the Bears to go 6-4
Detroit @ Dallas
We will need help from Dallas later,so lets put the end to Dallas now at 8 losses
Green Bay at Minny
We need a Packers loss like the Bears,so they too can be 6-4
Arizona @ K.C.
Don't want Raiders in Playoffs because of the JC factor and I live in MO and like the Chiefs,plus we want only one team out of NFC West for sure
Washington @ Tennessee
We need to start winning!
Seattle @ N.O
Seattle winning helps us more. Keeps the Saints & Seattle at 6 wins with a loss here by Saints
Atlanta @ St.Louis
Falcons are making the playoffs. They already have 7 wins and we aren't catching them. So we need them to bury the Rams to help us. But don't panic if the falcons tank..Not all bad either if this somehow happened
Tampa bay @ Niners
This would be huge for us,if this happens. Specially with a game coming up against Tampa for us
Giants @ Philly
Take your pick! Both are 1-1 in the division & 6-3 overall. I actually believe an Eagles victory might help us more,but I'm not a 100 % sure on this yet. Either way...these two still play again. I'll be rooting for Tuck or Osi to send Vick to Injured Reserve either way...Sorry,that's just how i feel about all this,but I also have 4 dogs.

I'll keep this updated every week,to see what we need guys. (at least until we are mathematically eliminated)
Just be prepared to be rooting for teams you didn't think you would be and against teams who may be in it at the end,we didn't think would be. Specially as the season winds down. That's all for now....
Old 11-17-2010, 03:48 PM   #18
SirClintonPortis
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Are you kidding about kidding or about kidding:confused-. Do you need to meet out back after school to sort this out? And just who are you calling a pessimistic hater? They are just Real folk with Real thoughts about this team.

don't the emoticons make it cool!!!
I suggest that you go back the 80s, because that's when such an attitude was justified. We were top dogs, not we just think we're the shits because we make every game 50/50.

After all, it's obvious that no team has a probability of 1 that they'll win a games, but anything over 60% for this team is for the delusional fellas like yourself.

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
Old 11-17-2010, 03:53 PM   #19
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Can we all call for a The Skins got crushed, we aren't who some of us thought we were. All in all, I just want to lighten the mood a little.

After Monday, no one in their right mind can think of this team as any more than a low grade playoff entry at best, and a top 10 pick team at worst. We all are Skins fans regardless of if we lean more toward the koolaid or real.
Old 11-17-2010, 04:02 PM   #20
redsk1
The Starter

We just surrendered an NFL record of most points scored by a visiting team in the first half of a game. Not really ready to review playoff scenarios. I'm kinda just hoping we don't get embarrased Sunday.
Old 11-17-2010, 04:12 PM   #21
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post

sneak peek of me reading this thread

LOL....got to admit it, this one got to me!
Old 11-17-2010, 04:22 PM   #22
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
Playoffs? PLAYOFFS??? You want to talk about PLAYOFFS?? We can't do diddly poo on either side of the ball.
That was my exact first thought when I saw this thread title. We're 4-5 and just coming off getting blown out 59-28, and you want to talk about playoffs? It might be nice to be that optimistic Ace, but you really gotta hold your breath on this one. Let's take things one week at a time, we gotta see major improvement on both sides of the ball before playoffs even come into the conversation.
Old 11-17-2010, 05:06 PM   #23
over the mountain
Playmaker

Ace - we got some old goats on here who have seen and witnessed alot of trial and tribulation as skins fan. i cant speak for them but for myself, keep up the optimism and enthusiam buddy! this old goat appreciates a kick in the ass sometimes.

go skins!
Old 11-17-2010, 05:12 PM   #24
firstdown
Living Legend

This thread is a 4 on the Kinsey Scale
Old 11-17-2010, 05:35 PM   #25
JLee9718
Impact Rookie

To get to the playoffs, I expected more from the defense. Of course I expected more from the offense, too! When do we start getting it?
Old 11-17-2010, 06:30 PM   #26
44ever

I would say something negative about this thread, but last time I got on ace's post, CRR got all over my ass. I think CRedskinsRule is ace's big brother or something. Actually what the heck... we're going to the playoff's. YOUR DREAMING!!!!! well maybe....
Old 11-18-2010, 02:33 PM   #27
scott.sharrer
Camp Scrub

I know I am new to this site, but I have been a redskins fan for going on 30 years.

I am not in any means taking sides on the back and forth banter going on, just adding my opinion.

To THINK about playoffs is good, to TALK about the playoffs makes you LOOK like you are looking at the world of the NFL through magical glasses.

Now I would LOVE to see the skins win out and make the playoffs, and yes we would need some help to get in, but BEFORE we worry about what help we will need, we first HAVE to win. I don't care if the rest of the NFC lost the rest of their games (which I know isn't possible because Divisional and Conference games) we still wouldn't make the playoffs if WE don't win.

Lets worry about one win at a time
Old 11-18-2010, 02:47 PM   #28
Monkeydad
Living Legend

The West is putrid, 8-8 could win it. The North is weak this year, only GB has a chance. Only the NFC South looks good...on paper. TB is outplaying their talent. NO is not what they were.

There COULD be 3 NFC East playoff teams again and we know Dallas won't be one.

Still hope!

Not a lot, but we're far from dead. The second-half schedule looks a LOT easier than the first half with Indy, GB, Houston, etc.

A little early to start the playoff scenarios and who needs to lose to help us...but it was going to happen anyways. I'll watch it.

Realistically, I think we'll finish 8-8 and that's a big step forward from last season and a successful first-year of a massive transition. Still pulling for a playoff run though. We've run off 5 in a row to make the postseason before...with less talent on the roster than now.
Old 11-18-2010, 02:54 PM   #29
aceinthehouse
Special Teams

Lots of reasons why we could have lost as bad as we did the other night...

Didn't prepare well enough during bye
distraction of the Mcnabb benching festering for 2 weeks
Mcnabb contract extension
and so on...

Everything has settled down I hope with all of this.

If we can come out and play hard against the titans,who themselves got beat good by Miami...
We have a shot to do what no NFC East team has done this year and that's beat them

This gets us back to 5-5
with Minny at home next whom themselves have a locker room situation of their own...

Then the biggie at the *new* meadowlands afterwords...

This team needs one of those infamous "team meetings",so hopefully they can get back on track.

One thing we do know...the Eagles or Giants are going to have 4 losses this weekend.
We can do this...
Old 11-18-2010, 03:01 PM   #30
Monkeydad
Living Legend

11 Sun, Nov 21 Tennessee Titans @ Tennessee (5-4) 1:00 pm EST
12 Sun, Nov 28 Minnesota Vikings vs Minnesota (3-6) 1:00 pm EST
13 Sun, Dec 5 New York Giants @ NY Giants (6-3) 1:00 pm EST
14 Sun, Dec 12 Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs Tampa Bay (6-3) 1:00 pm
15 Sun, Dec 19 Dallas Cowboys @ Dallas (2-7) 1:00 pm EST
16 Sun, Dec 26 Jacksonville Jaguars @ Jacksonville (5-4) 1:00 pm EST

17 Sun, Jan 2 New York Giants vs NY Giants (6-3) 1:00 pm EST

Minnesota, Dallas and Jacksonville SHOULD be wins.
We should split the Giants.
Tampa Bay is not as good as their record.
Tennessee this week is a winnable game.

These remaining games are all winnable, none of the games scare me like a few in the first half, but realistically we'll probably drop one of the Giants games. The Titans are the best remaining team, I don't buy into the Bucs.

We CAN do it...we just need to get things going fast.