Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Rogers Frustrated By Some Redskins Fans

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-30-2010, 08:48 AM   #61
44ever

Re: Rogers Frustrated By Some Redskins Fans

Wonder if B. Banks, Rak or Fletcher is having this problem with the fans? Just a thought...
44ever is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-30-2010, 08:56 AM   #62
Longtimefan
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44ever View Post
Wonder if B. Banks, Rak or Fletcher is having this problem with the fans? Just a thought...
They probably wouldn't say so publicly if they did.
Old 11-30-2010, 09:02 AM   #63
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Carlos Rogers is the LAST individual that should ever say anything in regards to how fans act. Here is a clue Carlos. Stop giving them a reason to BOO your sorry ass. That means actually catching a interception when it means something. That means not giving up a big play and you turn to the nearest guy and act like it was his fault. Yeah Carlos, we boo your asses because you suck. You are deserving of the BOOs and you will continue to get it until you start giving the fans a reason not to boo. That means not complaining during the off season about your contract, then coming into the season dropping INT after INT that could potentially win (or secure) victories for this team.

The best quote I heard in regards to this was:

"you can't ask the fans to be the 12th man when the first 11 don't show up themselves."
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 09:04 AM   #64
#56fanatic
The Starter

the way i look at it is we fans spend a crap load of money on tickets to go to the games and pay their salaries. If we want to boo at the piss poor play then as fans we have that right. Not taking anything away from it being right or wrong, but give us something to cheer about and the booing stops. It is really that simple. I have been going to the games since I was like 5, and honestly i never really remember fans booing at RFK, it has gotten exceptionally bad the last few years. And I understand why. I live in Charlotte now and can't go to many games, but i sit and curse the TV and say we stink all the time. I would probably be joining in on the booing if I was sitting there watching the crap they have been putting on the field.
#56fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 09:06 AM   #65
#56fanatic
The Starter

My best guess Carlos probably wont be back next year. So, he better not sign with Philly because if the boo Santa, they will certainly boo his sorry not catching ass.
#56fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 09:20 AM   #66
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

All of your dogging Rogers, I think you really need to look at what he brings to this team. Yes, he drops picks. We all know that, it's part of who he is as a player -- and it doesn't bother me. I'd take 2 Carlos Rogers over 2 DeAngelo Halls any day of the week. Sure, Hall will make a flashy play and grab a big pick. Hall will also give up a lot of big plays.

Sure, Carlos gets beat from time to time. Every CB does. It's just part of the position. Especially as the game slowly gets more and more slanted towards the offense. How many times do they call the guy Carlos is on for a big play. Very rarely. He's, by far, our best cover corner. I think you could argue a top 10 cover corner in the league.

If I were Allen, I would have been working on Carlos' contract far before McNabbs.
Old 11-30-2010, 09:27 AM   #67
hooskins
Most Interesting Man in the World

Los is our best CB. Period. Hall equates to a riverboat gambler and for all the picks he has had this season they just balance all the times he was burned seasons past.

There are games where QBs just don't throw Los' direction. There is some validity in what he is saying. There are fans who almost enjoy it when the team struggles. I am sure Matty can confirm this with increased site traffic after losses vs. wins. Those are the same "fans" that go to games with pessimistic attitudes and foaming at the mouth to boo.
Old 11-30-2010, 09:31 AM   #68
Paintrain
Pro Bowl

I'm glad Rogers is frustrated with some fans. Good, because I am frustrated by Rogers.

He's got more mouth than production, the worst attribute of an NFL player who thinks he is better than he actually is. I've never heard more from a guy who does less. He's a GOOD cover corner, not great and far from elite. When I think of him I think getting beat, getting benched and dropping easy INT. The apologists KILL ME 'sure he doesn't make interceptions but he's in position to break up the pass'. That's part of your job and why you won't be getting the big dollar extension you feel you 'deserve'. How some fans are willing to accept that is baffling to me.

Maybe you should worry less about the fans and more about your assignments, not getting beaten on double moves and not getting beat deep by the TE on a 3rd & 1 when playaction was an obvious call.

I'm not dead but this team is dead to me...but now that McCloughan is here they may have new life!

Jay Gruden = Zorny McSpurrier
Kirk Cousins = Next Grossman
Paintrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 09:39 AM   #69
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooskins View Post
Los is our best CB. Period. Hall equates to a riverboat gambler and for all the picks he has had this season they just balance all the times he was burned seasons past.

There are games where QBs just don't throw Los' direction. There is some validity in what he is saying. There are fans who almost enjoy it when the team struggles. I am sure Matty can confirm this with increased site traffic after losses vs. wins. Those are the same "fans" that go to games with pessimistic attitudes and foaming at the mouth to boo.
I agree with the Hall comment. It's amazing how many fans are so blinded by the (he's been to a pro-bowl and the # of INTs) aura of DeAngelo Hall. Guy has been rated as one of the worst CBs in the game at the end of his Atlanta days up until the Redskins. If you are so bad that the Raiders cut you after 8 weeks, that's saying a lot. Even this year when D-hall called out Haslett about wanting to be put on the best receiver, what does the idiot do that following sunday? He gets beat by their #2 WR for touchdown. (against the Rams no doubt) In fact, it's happened many times this year with him.

As far as the second part, I think fans come in to "vent" their frustration with this team and organization as a whole. We deserve better quite frankly. However, most fans are totally clueless about talent and the reality of our team. We have Rams/Bills/Panthers type of talent on our team currently, and it's not going to change over night. It's going to take a few off-seasons to clean this mess up that's still left over from Vinny's party. If people would get a grip on reality, then it would cut down on the need to vent when we lose. Hell, I think we are overachieving to be honest with you.
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 09:43 AM   #70
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44ever View Post
“We know we can have a great home-field advantage if we can give them something to cheer about,” inside linebacker London Fletcher said. “[Sunday] was a great opportunity to get our fans into the game and keep them into the game.”
Old 11-30-2010, 10:03 AM   #71
mredskins
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
I agree with the Hall comment. It's amazing how many fans are so blinded by the (he's been to a pro-bowl and the # of INTs) aura of DeAngelo Hall. Guy has been rated as one of the worst CBs in the game at the end of his Atlanta days up until the Redskins. If you are so bad that the Raiders cut you after 8 weeks, that's saying a lot. Even this year when D-hall called out Haslett about wanting to be put on the best receiver, what does the idiot do that following sunday? He gets beat by their #2 WR for touchdown. (against the Rams no doubt) In fact, it's happened many times this year with him.

As far as the second part, I think fans come in to "vent" their frustration with this team and organization as a whole. We deserve better quite frankly. However, most fans are totally clueless about talent and the reality of our team. We have Rams/Bills/Panthers type of talent on our team currently, and it's not going to change over night. It's going to take a few off-seasons to clean this mess up that's still left over from Vinny's party. If people would get a grip on reality, then it would cut down on the need to vent when we lose. Hell, I think we are overachieving to be honest with you.
Great post and very true, still very frustrating time considering all the rebuilding we have been doing the past XX years.
Old 11-30-2010, 10:06 AM   #72
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintrain View Post
I'm glad Rogers is frustrated with some fans. Good, because I am frustrated by Rogers.

He's got more mouth than production, the worst attribute of an NFL player who thinks he is better than he actually is. I've never heard more from a guy who does less. He's a GOOD cover corner, not great and far from elite. When I think of him I think getting beat, getting benched and dropping easy INT. The apologists KILL ME 'sure he doesn't make interceptions but he's in position to break up the pass'. That's part of your job and why you won't be getting the big dollar extension you feel you 'deserve'. How some fans are willing to accept that is baffling to me.

Maybe you should worry less about the fans and more about your assignments, not getting beaten on double moves and not getting beat deep by the TE on a 3rd & 1 when playaction was an obvious call.
That, and if Hall played close to as well as Buchanon does on the other side, we'd have one of the best CB trios in football.
Old 11-30-2010, 10:15 AM   #73
firstdown
Living Legend

If I'm correct some of you posters have bitched about fan support yourself here on this site and the lack of support. Just look in the stadium at all the other jerseys. I had season tickets and know just how hard it is to find fans to buy tickets at the ticket price and even below the ticket price.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 10:18 AM   #74
aceinthehouse
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooskins View Post

Sorry hooskins..I disagree

Rogers may be the better cover corner,but Hall is the better playmaker by.....

A LOT!
Give me a Corner,who gives up a play here and there and doesn't always shut his man down every game,but comes up HUGE in games,that basically win the team the game...OVER....a guy who covers his guy well,but NEVER....makes a play on the ball...even when it's gift wrapped to him.

If it wasn't for DeAngelo Hall,this team would currently be 3-8 right now instead of 5-6.
4 sec. till halftime..Hall strips the ball and takes it to the house. This decided the Cowboys game.

Hall picks off Cutler 4X and takes one to the house,which would decide the game as well.

That's why guys like Deion Sanders(will be) and D. Green are in the HOF. Because they could do BOTH!

Revis is a great cover CB,but that's not what makes him special. His ability to pick off passes and take them to the house is what does,,,

The Redskins have enough trouble scoring points on Offense. It's guys like Hall,that make this team better than they really are.

I say get rid of Rogers(free agent in 2011) butt by trade(TAG) if possible and get this team a guy like D.Hall.

Because if Rogers DOES get beat (which he does) then he offers nothing for this team on Defense,besides tackles (which he misses as well)

That's my take anyway...
Old 11-30-2010, 10:24 AM   #75
aceinthehouse
Special Teams

And lets say for the sake of the argument...some of you disagree with me..

OK..I'll say this

Would Sammy Baugh be considered a good D-back had he not been a playmaker?
Sammy got 4 picks in a game as well as Hall. But that wasn't an anomoly either...He was always making plays on Defense with picks.

I want guys who make plays on the ball....not follow a guys shadow,only to drop the ball with it hits their helmet LOGO..

Because eventually...no matter how good you are...
You're gonna get beat.