Idiots at the Skins vs. Vikings Game

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-30-2010, 02:09 PM   #31
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Idiots at the Skins vs. Vikings Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
unfortunately our defense played like 98 fights...
17 points

Advertisements
Old 11-30-2010, 02:09 PM   #32
mredskins
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
Honestly though, college games really are a different experience. When I lived in Gainesville, most of the time I was walking distance from the Swamp. The wife (then my girlfriend) and I would get up on gamedays, make breakfast, and walk downtown to meet some friends at a tailgate, then just stroll into the stadium. It's right in the heart of downtown, and so easy to deal with. I guess it's different in small towns. Plus they don't sell booze in the games, which really helps as far as morons in the stands.

FedEx field is such a stupid, overpriced, clusterf*ck of an experience. I could care less if I never go to another game there.

Funny you say that I took my BIL to his first NFL game few years back and he was shocked. He has been to many Penn State (alum) and he said it was night and day compared the two.
Old 11-30-2010, 02:20 PM   #33
irish
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
I think SS already posted all this.

Personally I think shit like this is stupid and ruins it for families that want to take their kids to the game.

The Redskins are not a nation and the Cowboys are not terrorists, they are just teams that you root for for a couple hours o na Sunday afternoon. Win or lose the Redskins have zero impact on my life, so why would I beat someone up over them?

but the rowdy violent nature that some drunk male fans display is a product of the NFL marketing imo.-OTM

I also agree with this. Lets feed you alcohol for six hours and then entertain you with a violent sport. "Oh look they have turned on themselves, shocking!"
NFL games are not for families. They are for guys who want to get away from the wife and kids and get drunk and rowdy. I'm not saying I like it, cause I dont but any notion of NFL games being a family outing is just wishful thinking.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 02:20 PM   #34
Longtimefan
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy View Post
And this isn't the first video I've seen with Redskins fans fighting at games on youtube.
There were several fights on Sunday, in the bathroom, up in the ghetto 4 and sec. 108 where someone caught a glimpse and posted it.

Many of these idiots have already had far too much to drink when they enter the stadium and proceed to make the experience uncomfortable for those around them.
Old 11-30-2010, 02:27 PM   #35
Slingin Sammy 33
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
This is a big part of why I don't waste my time/money going to games. Besides, HD tv and the RedZone channel make the NFL so much more fun on television.
Ditto, if I decide to go once a year I'll spend to sit in the Club level and avoid all the nonsense.
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 02:29 PM   #36
mredskins
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish View Post
NFL games are not for families. They are for guys who want to get away from the wife and kids and get drunk and rowdy. I'm not saying I like it, cause I dont but any notion of NFL games being a family outing is just wishful thinking.
Wrong buddy they were intend for families, we have just let the rowdy drunks take over.
Old 11-30-2010, 02:34 PM   #37
mredskins
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish View Post
And also when I get away from my wife and kids Iwant to just get drunk and rowdy, what are we cavemen?

Probably 95% of the folks at the game create a family atmosphere it is the 5% that ruin it for the rest. I don't go because I don't want to deal with the 5%.

IMO if the stadiums up the security and too ka hard stand on fighting and drinking the 5% would easily dwindle to manageable 1%.
Old 11-30-2010, 02:44 PM   #38
over the mountain
Playmaker

yeah stadium security at Fed Ex is lazy. i was in teh upper section a few years ago, 2 skins fans are wailing on each other at the entrance to a bathroom for a good minute. a lady goes up to 2 people, 1 was a security guard another a female usher of sorts, she says there are 2 guys fighting in the bathroom, which was literally 10 feet away from were these 2 employees are. the guy smiles and joking laughs with the lady usher saying "shit i aint doing nothing".

then there are times were i have been caught on video surveillance in the lower row and i get a letter in the mail saying how i was caught on video and this is a warning. so idk, i get busted on video in the lower section for dumping beer on opposing fans but its a free for all in the uppers.

hoestly, what do you expect the 22 year old temporary security guard from PG county who makes $8.50 an hour on 8 sundays a year to do?
Old 11-30-2010, 02:46 PM   #39
mredskins
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
yeah stadium security at Fed Ex is lazy. i was in teh upper section a few years ago, 2 skins fans are wailing on each other at the entrance to a bathroom for a good minute. a lady goes up to 2 people, 1 was a security guard another a female usher of sorts, she says there are 2 guys fighting in the bathroom, which was literally 10 feet away from were these 2 employees are. the guy smiles and joking laughs with the lady usher saying "shit i aint doing nothing".

then there are times were i have been caught on video surveillance in the lower row and i get a letter in the mail saying how i was caught on video and this is a warning. so idk, i get busted on video in the lower section for dumping beer on opposing fans but its a free for all in the uppers.

hoestly, what do you expect the 22 year old temporary security guard from PG county who makes $8.50 an hour on 8 sundays a year to do?
Employ more cops, they can order more police it is just more expensive.
Old 11-30-2010, 02:50 PM   #40
over the mountain
Playmaker

yeah or go with an off duty police officer! did that at an eagles game, he came strapped. as a joke he decided to not tell the guys who do teh pat downs that he was an officer and had his gun, the guy pats him, face goes white when he feels the gun, then my buddy told him he was a cop, showed his badge, etc. pretty funny.
Old 11-30-2010, 02:57 PM   #41
Longtimefan
Playmaker

Quote:

Stadium security is limited to some extent in just how far they can go with intervention measures. They do however, work closely with the PG County authorities, but the response to incidents are not always swift. Some of the security personnel don't even have communication devices.
Old 11-30-2010, 02:57 PM   #42
skinsguy
Pro Bowl

Quote:
but the rowdy violent nature that some drunk male fans display is a product of the NFL marketing imo.

I'm glad you have mellowed out and matured.

Although I'm just not sure I buy into the whole bit about the NFL marketing. I think we as adults should understand personal responsibility first and foremost. We're not mindless cavemen. I understand that the products mostly advertised during football games are automobiles, food, and beer. Those are three of us men's favorite things, lol! But, as a man, I never once felt that because the NFL markets their sport as a dangerous, collision sport, that I would have to conduct myself in the same manner in the stands or anywhere else I happen to be watching the game at. I hope I'm not in the minority here. If so, God help us!
Old 11-30-2010, 03:00 PM   #43
MTK
\m/

Alcohol + idiots = problems
Old 11-30-2010, 03:02 PM   #44
irish
Playmaker

Quote:
And also when I get away from my wife and kids Iwant to just get drunk and rowdy, what are we cavemen?

Probably 95% of the folks at the game create a family atmosphere it is the 5% that ruin it for the rest. I don't go because I don't want to deal with the 5%.

IMO if the stadiums up the security and too ka hard stand on fighting and drinking the 5% would easily dwindle to manageable 1%.
My experience at games say about 95% of those is attendance are cavemen and like you since I dont want to deal with them I dont go. The last thing they want to do is cut back on the cash cow that is beer sales.

These teams have built up the idiotic notion that the fans are the 12th man and part of the team and the fans actually take that stuff seriously. Why would anyone be surprised that the 12th man, fueled by booze, gets jacked up and violent?
Old 11-30-2010, 03:02 PM   #45
irish
Playmaker

Quote:
Wrong buddy they were intend for families, we have just let the rowdy drunks take over.
I dont know many families that can afford those ticket prices.