Moss on how Redskins must play now

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-30-2010, 01:04 PM   #1
InsaneBoost
The Starter

Moss on how Redskins must play now

Link: Redskins Insider - Santana Moss on how Redskins must play now

Quote:
"And in order for us to do what we want to do, we've just got to stop worrying about what's been said and what's been done. Just go out and do what we can do right now. And until we do that, we won't be able to get ahead or get past some of the stuff that we're being dealt with right now."
Click the link for the rest.

Honestly, I don't even know why this article was written, the wild card standings aren't anything close to like they were in 2005 or 2007, we pretty much have to win out and have the NFC South and North lose out for us to make it, aint happening. Though if they could win out, it would look a hell of a lot better on paper and give them fuel for next season or the 2012 season.

InsaneBoost is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-30-2010, 01:06 PM   #2
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Re: Moss on how Redskins must play now

Moss has been here before. He obviously remembers how it was in 2005 when it was "5 in a row or we don't go".....
Old 11-30-2010, 01:09 PM   #3
diehard
The Starter

I just don't feel this team has a channce. A major disappointment.
Old 11-30-2010, 01:13 PM   #4
LavaRnChad
Special Teams

He knows they aren't going to the playoffs with this team. But what else was he supposed to say?
Old 11-30-2010, 01:55 PM   #5
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

I think even Shanny realizes this team is .500 at best
Old 11-30-2010, 01:57 PM   #6
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Shanny also realizes he shouldn't have came out of retirement to coach a losing team.
Old 11-30-2010, 02:05 PM   #7
SBXVII
Franchise Player

I'll throw in a little optimism here.... Shanahan was able to look at all the players for a year, he should have known what he was in for being a HC for so many yrs, and he still chose to come here. The Skins have been a mess for over 10 yrs and because of that you can't change everything over night. Now having said that remember Shanahan helped the 49ers yrs ago get to the SB as a OC. Shanahan got hired by the Bronco's and his first yr there he was 8-8. After that he had mostly winning seasons, probably only 1 or 2 bad seasons.

Instead of looking to scrap everything already and yet again go in a different direction lets let this coaching staff play out their cards for more then a year to see if continuity will win out.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 02:12 PM   #8
irish
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
Shanny also realizes he shouldn't have came out of retirement to coach a losing team.
Shanny didnt come out of retirement to keep guiding someone else's successful ship on the same course, he got back into coaching for the challenge of turning a losing organization like the Skins into winners.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 02:16 PM   #9
aceinthehouse
Special Teams

I'm still confused why Shanny didn't feel that bringing in Brian Westbrook would help this team.

While we were signing Johnson & Parker..I was saying sign Westbrook.
Him and McNabb have a good history with each other and Westbrook would have been great on what guys? 3rd down...

Mosley agrees as well..
NFC EAST Chat--Skins Tidbits...
Quote:
So, who should have the redskins brought in at rb instead?

Mosley: I don't know. Brian Westbrook looked pretty good to me last night. Not sure why they couldn't get that thing done. He would've been a much better fit that Johnson or Willie Parker because of his ability to help in the passing game.
Here's the whole thing
sorry...no link available...

Quote:
do you think the redskins are capable of turning their season around and making the playoffs?

Mosley: It would be a great story, but i don't see it happening. They can pull an upset every now and then but they don't have the personnel to get hot and maintain a winning streak. You have to have a hot quarterback and an opportunistic defense. I really don't see either thing happening at this point in the season.
what are your thoughts on...Mike Shanahan's plan for 2011?

Mosley:...I think Shanahan has to revamp the offensive line. There's no way he can enter the season with Artie Hicks and the gang. Once he does that, he can sprinkle in a couple of wide receivers still in their 20s...
what do the redskins need to take away from this season, assuming they don't go on a magical run to the playoffs, and have they taken a big step forward this year?

Mosley: I think they've become competitive again for the most part. But then, they were in a lot of games last season, too. I do think shanny gives them a lot more credibility. I think the next step is to actually surround mcnabb with a few weapons. It's an embarrassment to send him out there with james davis and keiland williams. Shanny really hurt himself by heading into training camp with all those has-been rbs.
what is the more important next step for the skins: Getting mcnabb more weapons or shoring up the o-line?M

Mosley: I'd fix the 0-line first and then bring in the weapons. It's not like you need elite receivers. But you need someone better than joey galloway. Armstong's a nice player, but he shouldn't be starting in the league.
The real problem with the redskins running game has nothing to do with bringing Parker (who was cut in camp) and Johnson. They're long gone. Injuries to CP and Torain, and poor o-line play have far, far more to do with it.

Mosley: It has everything to do with leaving yourself vulnerable at a key position. Are you telling me that you knew torain was going to be a key figure going into training camp. No, Shanny has had to atone for his mistakes by rolling out all these no-names. And a lot of that has to do with how he approached the position. You couldn't see an injury to Clinton Portis coming? Really?
So, who should have the redskins brought in at rb instead?

Mosley: I don't know. Brian Westbrook looked pretty good to me last night. Not sure why they couldn't get that thing done. He would've been a much better fit that Johnson or Willie Parker because of his ability to help in the passing game.
hey.. In my opinion trent williams has been exactly what we expected. A talented rookie. Hes gonna have some good plays and some bad ones. But considreing who he's faced... Ware, mario, rams, cole, packers, freeney, peppers, vanden-bosch, etc. I think he has been somewhat exceptional. What have you seen???

[b]Mosley[/b: Love the way he's played this season. Very gifted athlete who has flourished in the zone-blocking scheme. He'll be a pro bowler next season. I really think that. Now he needs some help.
buy or sell: Brandon Banks is one of the top 5 punt returner in the NFL?

Mosley: I'm buying that. Banks has become one of the most electric players in the league in a short time. He's the poor man's Devin Hester from a few years ago. A threat to take it all the way at any moment. Now, if they can just get Perry Riley to stop blocking in the back.
Old 11-30-2010, 02:16 PM   #10
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Santana should concentrate on catching the balls instead of dropping them and keep his mouth shut.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 02:28 PM   #11
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceinthehouse View Post
I'm still confused why Shanny didn't feel that bringing in Brian Westbrook would help this team.

While we were signing Johnson & Parker..I was saying sign Westbrook.
Him and McNabb have a good history with each other and Westbrook would have been great on what guys? 3rd down...

Mosley agrees as well..
NFC EAST Chat--Skins Tidbits...

Here's the whole thing
sorry...no link available...
We did offer him a contract you know
Old 11-30-2010, 02:30 PM   #12
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Santana should concentrate on catching the balls instead of dropping them and keep his mouth shut.
Did he say something wrong??
Old 11-30-2010, 02:31 PM   #13
Longtimefan
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
This could be the last hurrah! for Santana anyway. This team needs to stop uttering the word playoffs and begin concentrating on what it needs to do to get better.
Old 11-30-2010, 02:34 PM   #14
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longtimefan View Post
This could be the last hurrah! for Santana anyway. This team needs to stop uttering the word playoffs and begin concentrating on what it needs to do to get better.
Thank you! Well said. If the team makes the playoffs then that's great, if it doesn't then time to get rid of the old and ineffective players and rebuild through the draft, trades and smart FA signings.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 02:35 PM   #15
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Did Moss or Rogers use the word playoffs?