Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Dan Snyders obsession ESPN story

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-06-2012, 09:51 PM   #16
OnceWeWereKings
The Starter

Re: Dan Snyders obsession ESPN story

And for some reason I have always pictured him swimming around in a pool of gold coins. Like in Mr. McDuck
OnceWeWereKings is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-06-2012, 09:56 PM   #17
VegasSkinsFan
Impact Rookie

I would take Dan over all but a handful of owners. He isn't cheap and he loves the team. I think deep down, he runs the team like a lot of us would.

How's my people on here could honestly say if they were owner they wouldn't meddle?
VegasSkinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 12:08 AM   #18
FRPLG
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
I'm no Crane brother, but from my observation he doesn't have any sort of disorder. Not even sure how that conclusion was reached
Plenty of people have personality disorders that aren't really apparent until they're in certain situations. Actually most of us do. Disorder is probably a bad word. Abnormality is better. Apparently being in position of holding a public trust makes him crack in some way. Nothing wrong with it but just an observation. Personally I am just super tired of this conversation in general.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 01:06 AM   #19
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

Heres my problem with this article. It says that he would go out and say to the public what they wanted to hear and go to his default always of "I'm a fan just like you all" which is what we wanted to hear (and that he would stay out of football operations), but seriously how do we know that this article and what we've heard from the past isn't just more of Dan Snyder trying to feed us what we want to hear?
Old 10-07-2012, 09:11 AM   #20
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
Heres my problem with this article. It says that he would go out and say to the public what they wanted to hear and go to his default always of "I'm a fan just like you all" which is what we wanted to hear (and that he would stay out of football operations), but seriously how do we know that this article and what we've heard from the past isn't just more of Dan Snyder trying to feed us what we want to hear?
What do you mean?
Old 10-07-2012, 09:45 AM   #21
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
Plenty of people have personality disorders that aren't really apparent until they're in certain situations. Actually most of us do. Disorder is probably a bad word. Abnormality is better. Apparently being in position of holding a public trust makes him crack in some way. Nothing wrong with it but just an observation. Personally I am just super tired of this conversation in general.
See, now I can relate. I have a disorder that only manifests itself when certain situations arise at home or in the office. It's similar to a seasonal disorder in that I am more susceptible to it at certain times of the year. At its worst, I have been told I become delusional and unreasonable. I know that, due to the extreme mood swings I experience, I become almost bipolar. What really sucks is that I have absolutely no control over the underlying catalyst.

It's called being a Redskin's Fan.
Old 10-07-2012, 10:27 AM   #22
HailGreen28
Playmaker

I just hate the losing. Whatever mistakes Casserly and Norv made in the 90's, they handed Snyder and Cerrato a team that made the playoffs in 1999 and had three first round draft picks in 2000. (#2, #12, and #24 overall).

**** Snyder for screwing that up.

And Redskins fans are constantly told: "Snyder's stepping back, he's no longer involved with team operations". Then we find out even in the Gibbs 2.0 years, Snyder was intimately involved in team operations. And guess who regularly accompanied Shanahan to visit RG3 before the draft.

I believe Snyder's a genuine Skins fan. That just makes him his own worst enemy, as well as ours.
HailGreen28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:38 AM   #23
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

His involvement relative to any other owner is way overblown. The worst thing that ever happened to the organization was Cerrato. And he's gone
Old 10-07-2012, 10:43 AM   #24
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

^^ Yup. I couldn't agree more.
Old 10-09-2012, 07:51 PM   #25
GusFrerotte

This Snyder is a big fan, obsessed crap is propaganda to keep the rubes thinking this guy actually gives a rats ass. What have the Redskins done since he has taken over ownership? A few playoff appearances and that is it. The guy has pretty much maxed out what he can get out of the franchise, even with losing. The Skins can go 5-11 this season and the guy is swimming in dough. Sure you can say he would make more with a Lombardi, but he will have to invest more as well. The guy is a great businessman who has the NFL hype machine to back him up. The main thing is for the guy is to make a bunch of $$$$$$$$$ and him and Jerry Jones have found the perfect way in using propaganda/hype to sell tickets without even winning games. New coach, flashy draft picks or FAacquisitions, etc will all get the faithful excited about the next season, even when reality says that t he same team will basically take the field next season just with a few sexy additions.
GusFrerotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:58 PM   #26
MTK
\m/