Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Game planning for Roddy and Julio...

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-03-2012, 10:47 AM   #31
Monksdown
The Starter

Re: Game planning for Roddy and Julio...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
For me aggressive is more something known when seen. Maybe a good example is a 4th and 1 or 2 from ATL 40, rather than punting, just making the decision to go for it. We saw from the ATL game Sunday, that pinning them at the one doesn't mean that much, and I would rather have the ball in Griffins hands then depend on ST/Defense.
Got it, i'm with you.
Monksdown is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-03-2012, 11:06 AM   #32
scowan
The Starter

Here is the thing the Skins have been good at all season... get the lead early and then either give it away in the 3rd and 4th Qtrs or somehow survive the 3rd and 4th Qtrs and hold on to win. Somehow we need to play better Defense in the 3rd and 4th qtrs and on offense keep scoring in the 2nd half, which we really haven't been doing.
scowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:37 PM   #33
Mechanix544
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
The best thing we can do is pound the rock all day and try to keep their offense off the field.
This is the only thing we can do. If we can do this, and pick up a timely turnover somehow, we might have a shot. But we cannot afford any turnovers, missed fg's or missed tackles.

This game will test us, and is a real good barometer if we are going to compete this year, or if we are just going to hang around and maybe get to .500. Look for alot of questions to be answered this week. The secondary MUST stop the bleeding this year, and this is a horrible game/matchup for them. These scenarios are where game planning and scheme can keep your head above water. Lets see if Haslett can adjust, and if Morris' insight from playing them twice a year reaps anything.
Mechanix544 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:54 PM   #34
donofriose
The Starter

Run the ball, safe passes, no TO, and hope we can get pressure on Matt Ryan. We cannot cover Tony, Jones and White. Our offense will be our best defense.
donofriose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 01:06 PM   #35
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by donofriose View Post
Run the ball, safe passes, no TO, and hope we can get pressure on Matt Ryan. We cannot cover Tony, Jones and White. Our offense will be our best defense.
Create a shock collar that goes off anytime Jim Haslett thinks of sending a 0-cover blitz.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 01:10 PM   #36
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker

Are the Redskins playing a soft zone coverage? Or are they playing man to man? Something has to be different about the coverages. The Redskins did well in coverage all of last season but have allowed wideouts to scorch them and QBs to throw for tons of yardage against them so far this season.
REDSKINS4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 01:17 PM   #37
saden1
MVP

With our completely shitty secondary there is no game plan that will be effective. You just have to hope you score more and utilize a few trick plays here and there on offense and special teams. One thing I would definitely stay away from is blitzing and man coverage.

Let's also not forget they have the best TE to have ever existed in the history of mankind. Skins defense will be raped this weekend, we just have to hope we don't get impregnated in the process.

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 01:25 PM   #38
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker

I just don't understand our defense. We made tremendous strides from 2010 to 2011. But because of our secondary we've backslid back to 2010 mode.
Old 10-03-2012, 01:46 PM   #39
rbanerjee23
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindoy View Post
Our best defense has to be a good offense in my mind. Long drives by RG3 & co. keeping Matt Ryan off the field and out of sync kind of like we did with Brees & the Saints early on in that game.

When our D is on the field, we can't stop them - just have to contain them. No big plays. I just hope our offense can score 35+ points.
this -- control the game clock. Win the same way they did against NO -- simply by keeping Brees off the field. I expect the defense to give up a TD every drive that Matty Ice and co. are on the field so just don't let them take the field.

-Mike Shanahan

HTTR
rbanerjee23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 02:19 PM   #40
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker

I can see Ryan Kerrigan and Stephen Bowen combining for five sacks in this game.
Old 10-03-2012, 04:40 PM   #41
calia
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDSKINS4ever View Post
I can see Ryan Kerrigan and Stephen Bowen combining for five sacks in this game.
I agree we need to get to Ryan and make him feel sufficient pressure that he has to try to unload the ball early (will lead to more incompletions and shorter gains). But our front 7 need to step up, and in particular the front 3. In looking over the stats on NFL.com, it looks like our D-linemen are under-performing. I realize that a 3-4 scheme is supposed to free up LBs for tackles, but our front 3 aren't doing much of anything in terms of tackles, assists, forced fumbles, etc. -- and the teams with strong 3-4 defenses do not suffer that problem.
calia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 05:02 PM   #42
Skinzman
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDSKINS4ever View Post
I just don't understand our defense. We made tremendous strides from 2010 to 2011. But because of our secondary we've backslid back to 2010 mode.
I cant help but wonder if teams took the attitude last year that all they had to do was score 20 and not give up any points on a pick 6 or fumble returned and they had a win. That the skins offense wasnt good enough so we faced very conservative offenses.

Teams definitely have to score more this year to get a win and they are gunning early and often (unless you are a college coach more worried about attacking the victory formation).
Skinzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 05:08 PM   #43
Gary84Clark

ATL Iis over rated. The Panthers should have won. Matt Ryan threw that pass up for grabs but the safety fell down. It was about to be picked.
Gary84Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 06:12 PM   #44
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary84Clark View Post
ATL Iis over rated. The Panthers should have won. Matt Ryan threw that pass up for grabs but the safety fell down. It was about to be picked.
Looking at the pass again, I don't know how this can be called "throwing it up for grabs" or that the pass was about to be picked off. I think the safety turned around and started to back pedal a too early and there was no way he was going to get in position to intercept the ball.

The Panthers should have won, but good teams are able to capitalize on mistakes.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 06:15 PM   #45
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
The Panthers should have won, but good teams are able to capitalize on mistakes.
Agreed. Commentators were saying how good a pass it was, I just saw poor coverage. As a Skins fan I'm becoming an expert on poor pass coverage.
RedskinRat is offline   Reply With Quote